Apple buys Ableton!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
steko

Apple buys Ableton!!!

Post by steko » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:22 pm

Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

IP

Re: Apple buys Ableton!!!

Post by IP » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:42 pm

almost heart-attack

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:12 pm

:lol: whew... i'll stop looking for that old Cubase dongle now.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:24 pm

wiederum wird(fast)alles anders.....

opnieuw wordt(bijna) alles anders.....

this(almost) changes everything again....

i have no idea how to pronounce it in Greek though IP,sorry about that.
my dad is from Thessaloniki,but i was born in the Netherlands.
Last edited by 33tetragammon on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wunjo

Post by Wunjo » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:29 pm

Is it just me or does anyone think apple is kind of monopolistic? Don't get me wrong, Microsoft is the devil too, but at least they half-ass manage to hide their empire. I guess i'm just against the closed-environment policy that apple encorporates. Technology and it's applications should be universal IMO. Not trying to start a war here I'm just saying that the Apple franchise is no better than Microsoft. It's kind of like the Republican vs Democrat debate.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:33 pm

Wunjo wrote:Is it just me or does anyone think apple is kind of monopolistic? Don't get me wrong, Microsoft is the devil too, but at least they half-ass manage to hide their empire. I guess i'm just against the closed-environment policy that apple encorporates. Technology and it's applications should be universal IMO. Not trying to start a war here I'm just saying that the Apple franchise is no better than Microsoft. It's kind of like the Republican vs Democrat debate.
^^^^

THIS.EXACTLY!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:33 pm

quit it.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

xenomachino1

Post by xenomachino1 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:49 pm

bottom line is this:

apple rocks
that are one of the only companies that make products that work
and work well
again
and again

they gave us

macs
iphones
ipads

etc etc etc

the can monopolize all they want.

every time someone complains at work that they got a "virus" in their computer i laugh. I haven't had a virus in mine since i switched to mac. 10 years ago.

no, i don't work for apple. just like products that do what they're supposed to

:)

agent314

Post by agent314 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:00 pm

I like Apple and think they put out a great product, but I cannot wait until people start writing viruses for Macs and all the fanboys who love to brag about how they don't need to worry about viruses or malware end up eating large amounts of tasty, tasty crow.

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:05 pm

^ you mean like products that don't work if you are holding them "incorrectly"?

dave999z

Post by dave999z » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:05 pm

agent314 wrote:I like Apple and think they put out a great product, but I cannot wait until people start writing viruses for Macs and all the fanboys who love to brag about how they don't need to worry about viruses or malware end up eating large amounts of tasty, tasty crow.
And, when exactly is this going to happen? It must be true that people have tried writing viruses for macs. It just must not be that easy. OSX has been out for like 10 years. Not one virus? You may be waiting a long time. And why you're excitedly waiting for that is beyond me. Because if/when that happens it'll prove that Mac users who have been virus free for all these years were just flat out wrong? It doesn't work that way. We're right because, right now, we're virus free and happy about it. If a virus appears in a few years, it won't make me wish I had used a PC (with KNOWN viruses) all these years. Strange logic.

dave999z

Post by dave999z » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:07 pm

Oh, and Windows is a bloated piece of shit. :lol:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:17 pm

dave999z wrote:
agent314 wrote:I like Apple and think they put out a great product, but I cannot wait until people start writing viruses for Macs and all the fanboys who love to brag about how they don't need to worry about viruses or malware end up eating large amounts of tasty, tasty crow.
And, when exactly is this going to happen? It must be true that people have tried writing viruses for macs. It just must not be that easy. OSX has been out for like 10 years. Not one virus? You may be waiting a long time. And why you're excitedly waiting for that is beyond me. Because if/when that happens it'll prove that Mac users who have been virus free for all these years were just flat out wrong? It doesn't work that way. We're right because, right now, we're virus free and happy about it. If a virus appears in a few years, it won't make me wish I had used a PC (with KNOWN viruses) all these years. Strange logic.
:lol: like you'd fucking know even if you did have a virus... :lol: :lol: :lol:

you sound like a jock that thinks he doesn't need a condom.

some dude in a far off country is using your info to forge documents right now. you'll know and try to stop it when your credit is fucked. Strange logic.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

agent314

Post by agent314 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:24 pm

Irrespective of the technical issues, Apples are currently only 10% of the market share for computers.

If someone is writing malware in hopes of profiting from it (either financially or in terms of data-theft), it's silly to spend long hours developing something that's going to affect at most 1 out of every 10 users that encounter it (and that's assuming it hits every Apple user).

When Apple's numbers climb, they're going to become more of a target and so will command more of the virus-writers' attentions.

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:26 pm

McQ714 wrote:^ you mean like products that don't work if you are holding them "incorrectly"?
^ you mean like HTC Droid Eris, Blackberry Bold 9700 and Samsung Omnia II?