fast way to edit release in drum rack?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
JRM

fast way to edit release in drum rack?

Post by JRM » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Hey guys!

Quick question; When I'm loading up samples in drum rack is there a way to set the release to a 100% for all samples. I really hate going through all the samples and setting the release to max.

Thanks.

anybody human

Re: fast way to edit release in drum rack?

Post by anybody human » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:32 pm

JRM wrote:Hey guys!

Quick question; When I'm loading up samples in drum rack is there a way to set the release to a 100% for all samples. I really hate going through all the samples and setting the release to max.

Thanks.
Save it to: Library/Defaults/Dropping Samples/On Drum Rack

Dial in the settings you want, for example, the Simpler's Release. Using the Browser window on the left, in Live's Library you'll see a folder called Defaults, click on it's arrow to open it. You'll see a folder for Dropping Samples, click on it's arrow to reveal two more folders, one of them is called "On Drum Rack". That's where you want to save it to. To recap, save your Drum Rack Simpler to Defaults/Dropping Samples/On Drum Rack. Now that will always be your settings for dropping samples on a drum rack. If you decide you want to change the default settings in the future, just repeat the process.

Alternately, once you've dropped multiple samples into a Drum Rack, you can just control click on a parameter (Release for example) and choose Copy Value to Siblings from the pop up menu. This will apply it to all the others.

For most Live devices, you can simply control click on the device's name bar and from the pop up menu choose Save As Default.

Hope that helps.

JRM

Post by JRM » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:31 pm

Sweet!! Big thanks! :D

balance_productions

Post by balance_productions » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:12 am

This is awesome. It was exactly what i was looking for.. but can i please ask. How do you save the preset to the default folder? I found where you were talking about but when i save it as a preset it just saves it with the simpler sound file that was in it. It doesnt save it to the default on drum rack folder that you were talking about... thanks.

seattletruth

Post by seattletruth » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:48 am

After you click "save as default", literally drag the drum rack into the appropriate default folder mentioned above using the browser. its on page 216 or 217 in the manual.

peace :D