Affirmation please

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Froschfinger

Affirmation please

Post by Froschfinger » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:29 pm

I really do love my Launchpad with all its blinking beauty, I mean it. But in a second of plain insanity I exchanged my mind with a rifle and shot myself an iPad off eBay for a decent price just two days ago. Now that it's about to arrive within the next few days, can I ask you to show some Abletoner's love and confirm this is the best shot I could possibly have made in 2010, or, if applicable, even my entire life? Can you please tell me it is worth every penny and I am foolish enough to have lived without it for complete 28 years in dullness?

In a second attempt, could you assure me that I will be able to use both my Launchpad AND the iPad to remote control Ableton seemlessly and hasslefree?

I owe you something!
But what's the use in that
When you lie?

Kent_in_CO

Re: Affirmation please

Post by Kent_in_CO » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:13 pm

You're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh darnit; people like you.

I think you have a great combination with the LP and iPad. Check out touchable - http://www.touch-able.com/Site/touchable.html - and get it up and running. Then you can run faders and sends from your iPad, while having clip control and set navigation with your LP. Touchable also gives you a keyboard and drum pads to mess with.

And that's just for starters, because there will definitely be more apps on the way to control Ableton. So yes, good call on getting the iPad.

Kent // SEVEN7H WAVE // www.seven7hwave.com
Hong Kong: 2050 A.D. You're about to inject a dose of mind-altering nanobots. This is the soundtrack to your trip. https://seven7hwave.bandcamp.com/album/cyberia

Froschfinger

Re: Affirmation please

Post by Froschfinger » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:36 pm

Geez, this is precisely what I wanted to hear! Good thing, good thing, so looking forward to!
I already came around to realise Touchable is the way to go. I just feared it'd interfere with the LP since I had something like that with touchOSC for Android which might be due to it being a bit buggy. Having connected my Android phone, LP began showing all buttons orange, and none of them seemed to work anymore.

Only I still need to find a way to tell my wifey about my investment.. if there only was a prescription for gear acquisition lust...
But what's the use in that
When you lie?