1,914 Guitars smashed... to celebrate...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tone Deft

Re: 1,914 Guitars smashed... to celebrate...

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:55 pm

dumbest thing to happen to 'hard rock' since Jethro Tull won a Grammy for it. they left out the part about music, didn't even bother to record the sound of 2k guitars being smashed. it's as musical as a velvet painting of dogs playing poker.

the jumped shark nuked a fridge.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Piece of shit cafè

Piplodocus

Post by Piplodocus » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:12 pm

pulsoc wrote:
tempus3r wrote: NIN smashes up their keyboards on stage ... for their teen fans.

But ... NIN smash up keyboards ... to choke a bitch.
I fucking love when they do that!!
+1 :)

There's a big difference between an artist smashing up their instruments in a highly emotional climax of a show, and just breaking up guitars completely removed from the music for the sake of doing something that's deemed "rock and roll". The first can be a bit cliched, but it's easy to get carried away to loud exciting/dark/angry music and a huge crowd. But the other is just a bit sad.

For the record I smashed up my old cheap "spare" guitar at the final gig of one of my old bands, and gave it to an audience member. I'd NEVER smash my Parker up though. It does unfortunately have a scar on the bottom after one gig when I jumped on the drum kit. It was the singer diving on after and bringing the cymbals in that did that though. No damaged occurred to the drum kit. Only me and the drummer! :)
Live relevant things: Suite 12, MacBook M1 Max, RME UFX II (kext drivers), Push 1

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:35 pm

Smashing up instruments is sooooo 1966. Boring :roll:

But the HRC got the publicity they needed from everyone talking about it and blogging it ... best thing to do would be to not mention it, not give them any media attention and just boycott the restaurant with their disgusting over priced burgers.

Still goes to show though, with the jackass movies and this stuff, some people just like watching retards and retarded actions. Such people are often retards themselves, so I guess it makes sense ...
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:05 am

Tone Deft wrote:dumbest thing to happen to 'hard rock' since Jethro Tull won a Grammy for it. they left out the part about music, didn't even bother to record the sound of 2k guitars being smashed. it's as musical as a velvet painting of dogs playing poker.
What pisses me off the most is that all those guitars were smashed to inaugurate a freakin' parking garage. What is the world coming to? An Indian tribe destroys trees in honor of a chunk of solid concrete... on their sacred ancestral land. 8O One of the captions reads: Pete Townsend would be proud. I don't think so, and neither would Jimi.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:18 am

a human is a human. as individual people they're mostly good folk. as a group they pretty much suck.

Vegas as a whole makes no sense. it only exists out of peoples' gullibility. mine included.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz