apc 40 capabilities? PLEEEEEASE

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
zahnerj

apc 40 capabilities? PLEEEEEASE

Post by zahnerj » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:57 pm

I have the apc 40 and would like to be able to loop in real time so i can dj, NO ONE has been able to help me out with that, i been trying for 2 monthes, the only thing i can do is buy a template but for that i need max 4 live. With the amount of money i paid for ableton and the apc40 i should not have to spend more just to be able to map the apc 40 to loop my tracks. Its the only thing keeping me from djing, I'm sorry im just furious about this. Also i know there is so much you can do with the apc 40 such as using it as a beat machine,looping with the press of a button, and all sorts of different ways to map it, but i dont know where to find out this stuff or even get some ideas, I see you tube videos of all kinds of cool ways to map and things to do but NO ONE explains how they did it? I feel I'm at a stand still musically with lack of knowledge and if anyone could help or point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Happy holidays,
JIm

Tone Deft

Re: apc 40 capabilities? PLEEEEEASE

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:00 pm

arm track, launch clip, re-launch clip, it loops.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Dirk Bigler

Post by Dirk Bigler » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:15 pm

Check out www.akaiapc40.com. Lots of info and videos etc that will hopefully help.

Post by 4.33 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:50 am

because you asked nicely, here you go
http://www.heatercore.net/2010/09/dj-sampler.html

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:32 pm

zahnerj wrote:I have the apc 40 and would like to be able to loop in real time so i can dj, NO ONE has been able to help me out with that, i been trying for 2 monthes, the only thing i can do is buy a template but for that i need max 4 live. With the amount of money i paid for ableton and the apc40 i should not have to spend more just to be able to map the apc 40 to loop my tracks. Its the only thing keeping me from djing, I'm sorry im just furious about this. Also i know there is so much you can do with the apc 40 such as using it as a beat machine,looping with the press of a button, and all sorts of different ways to map it, but i dont know where to find out this stuff or even get some ideas, I see you tube videos of all kinds of cool ways to map and things to do but NO ONE explains how they did it? I feel I'm at a stand still musically with lack of knowledge and if anyone could help or point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Happy holidays,
JIm
If you're playing other peoples tracks and dont need to arm them then enter midi map mode CTRL M and then map the start and length set buttons you'll find when you look at a clips waveform....

If you map both buttons to the same midi control then it will automatically create a loop at whichever global quantization setting you have, alternatively map them seperately so you can do it with two presses of an APC button....

If you don't want to do M4L then don't click on the banner below but head over to abletonlivedj.com and hunt out willJMarshalls template.... Or have a look at the control surface modifications by Hanz_Petrov

There are many useful posts out there, you don't seem to have looked in the right place if your using youtube....

Cheers
D

ark

Post by ark » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:56 pm

Connect a foot pedal to your APC40. One of the pedal inputs--I forget which one--relaunches the current clip by default.

So you can start recording by pressing the button that corresponds to an empty clip slot. Recording then starts at the next quantization interval. Any time during the last quantization interval of your recording, you can hit the foot pedal and Live will automatically stop recording and start playing back. Instant looping.

zahnerj

Post by zahnerj » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:46 pm

Thanks alot everyone for getting back, I made some progress but not all the way, i mapped the tempo button to loop and nudge- and nudge+ to set the loop and thats very helpful now all i need to know is how to half that loop a few times with the press of a button, Im trying to figure it out, thanks again!

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:50 pm

Halving it can be done with keystrokes once the loop brace is selected, sadly the loop brace is not midi or key mappable so the alternatives are....

Control Surface script.... Look up WillJMarshall at abletonlivedj.com or hanz_petrov on this forum
AutoHotKeys - I think, or any utility that allows you to mimic mouse movements...
Max4Live.... The ultimate solution!

Cheers
D

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:01 pm

Don't forget ClyphX, name the Clips according to the PDF and you can resize the loop:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=153113

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:48 pm

Good shout... need to look at those properly!!

Cheers
D

zahnerj

Post by zahnerj » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:53 am

I am shooting for this but the link does'nt workhttp://remotescripts.blogspot.com/p/apc-64-40.html

zahnerj

Post by zahnerj » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:32 am

Ok i got the nudge- button to loop one bar in whatever track i'm playing(thanks s4racen) and i have the tap tempo mapped to turn the loop on or off, I got autohotkeys and its very confusing, I'm not being lazy i have been looking into this for hours and hours. The one last thing i need to do is to map the nudge+ button to be able to 1/2 1/4 and 1/8 my loop, and i know autohotkeys can do this but I am lost. Where should i go to find out this information or specific code i need?

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:57 am

Oh FFS.

Really?

REALLY?

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:46 am

zahnerj wrote:Ok i got the nudge- button to loop one bar in whatever track i'm playing(thanks s4racen) and i have the tap tempo mapped to turn the loop on or off, I got autohotkeys and its very confusing, I'm not being lazy i have been looking into this for hours and hours. The one last thing i need to do is to map the nudge+ button to be able to 1/2 1/4 and 1/8 my loop, and i know autohotkeys can do this but I am lost. Where should i go to find out this information or specific code i need?
Cant be mapped, you'll have to use another method....

Cheers
D

zahnerj

Post by zahnerj » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:09 am

Yea Really... :roll: I'm sorry I thought you said the alternative was autohotkeys, and i figured i could map that button with that. I don't really need a whole template my setup is perfect except for 1/2,1/4 and 1/8ing my loops. Thanks alot for your help tho darren I'm still new to all this, I'll get it tho!

Jim