Upgrading to Suite

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
grooverb

Upgrading to Suite

Post by grooverb » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:27 am

I'm thinking about upgrading to suite, but I'm wondering if I'd be better with NI Komplete.

Any thoughts on which might be better/more useful?

Cheers :)

antarktika

Re: Upgrading to Suite

Post by antarktika » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:31 am

I'd vote for komplete personally, but that's just personal opinion, Kontakt, Massive, Absynth, FM8, not to mention the seemingly endless Reaktor ensembles... should fill in the gaps for what Live lacks w/o suite

wehkah

Post by wehkah » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:10 am

I own both products and its the best toolset for me, great stability since native has updated reaktor. Just m4l crashes sometimes.

Do you have a Live License already? If yes, a suite upgrade with 25% offer seems a great deal. The Live instruments and effects are very great and easy to use.

cheers
T
Motto: sharing knowledge...

https://soundcloud.com/bytechop

grooverb

Post by grooverb » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:24 pm

Yeah I got live at the moment, and using free plug ins if I need them. Also been playing with reaper, which is pretty cool.

So do you use Komplete more than the Ableton suite stuff?

wehkah

Post by wehkah » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:48 pm

fifty-fifty
Motto: sharing knowledge...

https://soundcloud.com/bytechop

grooverb

Post by grooverb » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Cheers Guys, and yeah the 25% discount does make it very tempting.

grooverb

Post by grooverb » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:34 pm

wehkah wrote:fifty-fifty
I just thought, if you could only have one of them, no compromise at all, which would it be?

ark

Post by ark » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:54 pm

grooverb wrote:I just thought, if you could only have one of them, no compromise at all, which would it be?
It depends.

Suite is easier to use from within Live because it's integrated with Live. Komplete is much easier to use from outside Live because you can't use Suite at all except inside Live. So you have to run Live as a Rewire host, which means that you need something else that supports Rewire, and so on.

smaucher

Post by smaucher » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:09 pm

grooverb wrote:Cheers Guys, and yeah the 25% discount does make it very tempting.
exactly. guess what I did? :D
you start bleeding - I start sceaming
propaganda 1985

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:22 am

If you could only have one between Komplete and Live Suite? Oh god, no contest. Like at all. Komplete. But it's not really that fair of a comparison because Komplete, although a great deal, is still about double the price of the suite is it not?
Professional Shark Jumper.

grooverb

Post by grooverb » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:34 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:If you could only have one between Komplete and Live Suite? Oh god, no contest. Like at all. Komplete. But it's not really that fair of a comparison because Komplete, although a great deal, is still about double the price of the suite is it not?
Yeah. I'm just kind of thinking there's no point getting the suite upgrade if I can put the money towards Komplete, and suite can only be used in Ableton unless its rewired or bounced, but I think will get suite and then one day get Komplete.

More toys to play with i guess :D

grooverb

Post by grooverb » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:33 pm

Cheers Peter. Thats a very good point.

silveriofunk

Post by silveriofunk » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:59 pm

i have the suite and i love it, specially with a 25% discount!

but do check komplete out since i use reaktor waaaay more than i use live's instruments and that is just one of the many cool things you get with komplete...

Peripatetic

Post by Peripatetic » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:42 pm

I have both and use the NI stuff way more. The Ableton stuff gets used enough to make it worth owning, but I definitely use Komplete a lot more.

I bought Komplete first and then waited for a good deal (and money burning a hole in my paypal account) to upgrade to Suite. Now is probably the time to take advantage of the good deal, but it seems they're always doing some kind of discount every few months.

All that said, owning both is stupid when I haven't given either the proper time they deserve to learn the ins and outs of everything.
iMac, Ableton Suite 8, NI Komplete 7, NI Maschine, NI Kore 2, Reason 5, Arturia V-Collection, Akai APC40, Novation SL49 MKII, Akai MPK88, NI Audio Kontrol 1

grooverb

Post by grooverb » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:47 pm

Cheers guys. I think I'm probably going to take advantage of the discount while its on offer, and then hopefully my fairy godmother will turn up with a Mac Book Pro, Komplete 7, a load of other really cool stuff, and Melanie Sykes dressed in a French Maid outfit. :D