Liine iPad Ableton controllers: Griid In-App purchases

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hoffman2k

Re: Griid/Cliip- iPad controller lets you get INSIDE clips

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:57 am

ekwipt wrote:Is there any way of getting Griid Pro to work on a MacPro without a wireless card (i didn't have one installed), I use TouchOSC without making an ad-hoc wireless network. The MacPro has two Ethernet ports which I have connected to my wireless router.
It should work. I'm running it from my home network. Ad-hoc gives better performance because of the shorter distance. But if your router is close to your studio, I doubt you'll notice much of a difference.

Bugayev

Post by Bugayev » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:19 pm

ekwipt wrote:Is there any way of getting Griid Pro to work on a MacPro without a wireless card (i didn't have one installed), I use TouchOSC without making an ad-hoc wireless network. The MacPro has two Ethernet ports which I have connected to my wireless router.
You can certainly use Griid Pro through a wireless router, it just creates a bit more latency (~100-200 ms).

ekwipt

Post by ekwipt » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:17 pm

OK cool i mucked around a bit with it last night and gave up. Ended up buying a wireless card for the MacPro... Ha easy way out.

naph

Post by naph » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:20 pm

as an already avid user of livecontrol, and lately touchable user, i never felt the need to buy griid. it just seemed to me like a very cool cliplauncher but limited in funcionality
having seen the cliiip vid, really triggered my fingers on itunes store and made me buy it..

i must say the app feels REALLY smooth, and very responsive even using my home wireless lan, didn't feel the need to setup an adhoc to have it run properly

the autoconect feature is working flawlessy, and the app is even supporting multitasking.. was great switching to HexOSC for some melodic jamming and then coming back to griid for finetuning the clips..

said so, and having seen how beautiful is the ergonomic, it makes me really wait for a full livecontrol replacement

first need would be full volume / pan / sends control, then a set of knobs(or relative faders) to control the currently selected device, and a smooth mode to cycle trough selected track/ selected device using gestures.

the layout idea is also VERY cool

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:55 pm

Just wanted to say it's cool that Griid is evolving and isn't instantly rushing to be all things to all people. I like the progressing specialty factor.

No doubt this thread is going to include every request imaginable.

Bugayev

Post by Bugayev » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:34 am

naph wrote:as an already avid user of livecontrol, and lately touchable user, i never felt the need to buy griid. it just seemed to me like a very cool cliplauncher but limited in funcionality
having seen the cliiip vid, really triggered my fingers on itunes store and made me buy it..

i must say the app feels REALLY smooth, and very responsive even using my home wireless lan, didn't feel the need to setup an adhoc to have it run properly

the autoconect feature is working flawlessy, and the app is even supporting multitasking.. was great switching to HexOSC for some melodic jamming and then coming back to griid for finetuning the clips..

said so, and having seen how beautiful is the ergonomic, it makes me really wait for a full livecontrol replacement

first need would be full volume / pan / sends control, then a set of knobs(or relative faders) to control the currently selected device, and a smooth mode to cycle trough selected track/ selected device using gestures.

Wow, that's great to hear. Glad you like it!! Please go leave a review on the iTunes App Store:-)

Nick

Hedroom

Post by Hedroom » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:50 pm

NICKBUGAYEV wrote:
naph wrote:as an already avid user of livecontrol, and lately touchable user, i never felt the need to buy griid. it just seemed to me like a very cool cliplauncher but limited in funcionality

Wow, that's great to hear. Glad you like it!! Please go leave a review on the iTunes App Store:-)

Nick
... and make some videos of it in action :D

Really happy to hear that you're enjoying it. Makes the work all 999% worthwhile!

MacGuffin

Post by MacGuffin » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:39 pm

I would also like to see some more videos in action... seems this could be a cool step sequencer in a way.

8)

photonal

Post by photonal » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:24 am

How about a new app: LFO for iPhone/iPad?

It sends out an LFO signal which can be mapped to any parameter in Live... :D

Bugayev

Post by Bugayev » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:03 am

photonal wrote:How about a new app: LFO for iPhone/iPad?

It sends out an LFO signal which can be mapped to any parameter in Live... :D
Very simple, but very powerful idea! :-)

snakedogman

Post by snakedogman » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:06 am

Will this be available for Android at some point?

shuutobi

Post by shuutobi » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:46 am

beats me wrote:Just wanted to say it's cool that Griid is evolving and isn't instantly rushing to be all things to all people. I like the progressing specialty factor.

No doubt this thread is going to include every request imaginable.
It can't be everything, but hey, the more tools the better.

stevedd

Post by stevedd » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:52 am

I've been playing around with the Griid Lite app on my IPod Youch 2g and am very impressed. I notice, though, that the new full app seems to need 3.2 and I'm running 3.1.3. I'm loathe to upgrade the OS as many people have had problems. May I take it that 3.1.3 is no longer sufficient for Griid?

Bugayev

Post by Bugayev » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:21 pm

stevedd wrote:I've been playing around with the Griid Lite app on my IPod Youch 2g and am very impressed. I notice, though, that the new full app seems to need 3.2 and I'm running 3.1.3. I'm loathe to upgrade the OS as many people have had problems. May I take it that 3.1.3 is no longer sufficient for Griid?
The minimum required version is indeed 3.2. I'm not sure what reports you've been hearing, but 4.2 has been working great for us. [multitasking!]

Nick

stevedd

Post by stevedd » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:45 pm

stevedd wrote:I've been playing around with the Griid Lite app on my IPod Youch 2g and am very impressed. I notice, though, that the new full app seems to need 3.2 and I'm running 3.1.3. I'm loathe to upgrade the OS as many people have had problems. May I take it that 3.1.3 is no longer sufficient for Griid?
NICKBUGAYEV wrote:
The minimum required version is indeed 3.2. I'm not sure what reports you've been hearing, but 4.2 has been working great for us. [multitasking!]

Nick
Cheers for that Nick. There are loads of reports of battery draining problems with iOS 4. And I'm on a 2g only, so I'm apprehensive that there might be processor problems. (Incidentally, I seem to have claimed to have an iPod Youch, rather than an iPod Touch.)

EDIT: Just wanted to say that I took the plunge and went to 4.2 on the 2g iPod Touch, and there don't seem to be any problems as yet ...
Last edited by stevedd on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.