Liine iPad Ableton controllers: Griid In-App purchases

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Bugayev

Re: Liine's iPad/iPhone Ableton controllers-new app: Kapture Pad

Post by Bugayev » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:26 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
ST8 wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:I've been trying to figure out why kapture hasn't worked on some VSTs I have loaded and I finally figured out that it doesn't seem to kapture any devices within racks. This is really too bad. Is that live limitation? Otherwise it works great and is very easy to use.
It does work with racks but you need to be running the live beta
D'oh! Of course. Nice work, cheers.

So when you save a bank, can it be used again when you close and open a set? Or would youu have to make a track with clip names with the snapshot names if you wanted tp preserve snapshots?
That's exactly the point of banks. A bank saves all your Global Snapshots, Global Filter, Track Snapshots (including last used morph XY position) and Track Filter.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:54 pm

NICKBUGAYEV wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:

So when you save a bank, can it be used again when you close and open a set? Or would youu have to make a track with clip names with the snapshot names if you wanted tp preserve snapshots?
That's exactly the point of banks. A bank saves all your Global Snapshots, Global Filter, Track Snapshots (including last used morph XY position) and Track Filter.
Great, that's what I thought. Just wondering if there's anything to watch out far that would break it? For example, what if you edit a set after saving a bank in kapture and say, delete a track or something, will the rest of it work as normal? I assume if add a device, then that device will obviously be left out of the snapshots recalls unless you make new ones after. But generally you don't have to be afraid of minor changes messing it up or causing errors?
Professional Shark Jumper.

Bugayev

Post by Bugayev » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:42 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
NICKBUGAYEV wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:

Great, that's what I thought. Just wondering if there's anything to watch out far that would break it? For example, what if you edit a set after saving a bank in kapture and say, delete a track or something, will the rest of it work as normal? I assume if add a device, then that device will obviously be left out of the snapshots recalls unless you make new ones after. But generally you don't have to be afraid of minor changes messing it up or causing errors?
That's correct. If you save a bank, edit a set, load a bank, Kapture Pad will match everything that had been saved to whatever it can find still existing in the Live set. New tracks will be incorporated into new snapshots and everything will be merged if you now save a new bank.

Bugayev

Post by Bugayev » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:59 am

The Kapture Pad update is out now on the App Store.

A few additions and bugfixes based on early feedback. Enjoy!

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:23 am

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere I couldn't find. Can Griid etc.. work over my existing wireless network used by the computer at home or does it need a specific ad-hoc network between a computer and an ipad?

Also can Griid and Kapture run side by side on one ipad or ipad 2?

Thanks

ikeaboy

Re: Griid/Cliip- iPad controller lets you get INSIDE clips

Post by ikeaboy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:25 am

naph wrote:as an already avid user of livecontrol, and lately touchable user, i never felt the need to buy griid. it just seemed to me like a very cool cliplauncher but limited in funcionality
having seen the cliiip vid, really triggered my fingers on itunes store and made me buy it..

i must say the app feels REALLY smooth, and very responsive even using my home wireless lan, didn't feel the need to setup an adhoc to have it run properly
Typical I find an answer a second later

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:58 pm

You're more than likely going to get some noticable latency if you don't set up an ad hoc. Depends on your setup of course, but nothing will be as zippy as the ad hoc.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:21 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:You're more than likely going to get some noticable latency if you don't set up an ad hoc. Depends on your setup of course, but nothing will be as zippy as the ad hoc.
Cheers, and can you have Kapture and Griid running simultaneously on the same device?

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:31 pm

ikeaboy wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:You're more than likely going to get some noticable latency if you don't set up an ad hoc. Depends on your setup of course, but nothing will be as zippy as the ad hoc.
Cheers, and can you have Kapture and Griid running simultaneously on the same device?

Oh yes.

And touchAble as well.

And Konkrete Performer.

:mrgreen:

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:37 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
ikeaboy wrote:

Oh yes.

And touchAble as well.

And Konkrete Performer.

:mrgreen:
Really! That's pretty damn cool

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Yeah...!

touchAble, Griid, and KapturePad all show up in live as control surfaces. Just like you'd be able to have multiple hardware controllers for Live, these are treated in exactly the same way. Each one is accessing Live's API for full feedback.

Performer works differently in that it's using OSCulator, but also working with it's own script to control the 8 macros in a rack of any type. There's no API connection.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:17 pm

I don't have a wifi card in my studio desktop. Is there other options for the Liine products to connect?

Bugayev

Post by Bugayev » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:41 pm

ze2be wrote:I don't have a wifi card in my studio desktop. Is there other options for the Liine products to connect?
Is your studio desktop connected by ethernet to a wifi router? You can connect through a router (adds a little bit of latency)

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:31 pm

NICKBUGAYEV wrote:Is your studio desktop connected by ethernet to a wifi router? You can connect through a router (adds a little bit of latency)
Ethernet. I can connect it with cable to the net yes. The ethernet/tv i/o box is connected to an Apple Airport. I use only the laptop and iphone on the net. Studio desktop is not connected, for security reasons. But I guess its ok just for this.