Maschine 1.6 adds plugin parameter automation

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
33tetragammon

Maschine 1.6 adds plugin parameter automation

Post by 33tetragammon » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:11 pm

look here :

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... post774756

Jens @ NI
NI Team
donfuan wrote:
Does vst hosting imply also the automation of the plugins and full midi cc support(external hardware)?
All plugin parameters can be directly automated in the Maschine sequencer, MIDI CCs will continue to be assigned through the macro controls.
Last edited by 33tetragammon on Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

33tetragammon

Re: Maschine 1.6 adds plugin parameter automation

Post by 33tetragammon » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:42 pm

ShelLuser wrote:Well, IMO you're better off not picking up the first release anyway.

When it comes to the software, and in this case the pattern editor, then there's still much room left for improvements. Stuff like, for example, easier note editing or scaling. I'm sure it'll come, but the very first editions were even somewhat more limited in their editing capabilities (so I've been told).

So well... I wouldn't start drooling over a first release. You can see on a lot of points that this is all rather new to NI, so its not that unrealistic to expect some issues or maybe even inconveniences at first.
yeah,but still,i like the fact that they listened to what the users requested,and incorporated that.
and this feature,although not essential to me,is pretty darn exciting(in a live jamming kind of context).
you know, finding out about new and exciting stuff being developed and getting implemented is something that's really interesting to me.i just don't get the urge to buy it anymore,unless i really NEED it.......
and at this point,i really don't need anything.

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:05 pm

This also means that Maschine's sequencer will have full control of external hardware that have editors that load as VST/AU plugins like Virus TI and Ultranova.

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:27 am

delicioso wrote:This also means that Maschine's sequencer will have full control of external hardware that have editors that load as VST/AU plugins like Virus TI and Ultranova.
Not to mention Motif and Fantom as well as a slew of other hardware with free editor plugins from CTRLR: http://ctrlr.org which is rather extensive.

greenscreens

Post by greenscreens » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:32 am

how about groove templates? cant believe that hasnt happened yet, or has it?

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:35 am

greenscreens wrote:how about groove templates? cant believe that hasnt happened yet, or has it?
With 1.6 you can load plugins that does groove template/extraction if you must have it inside Maschine.

greenscreens

Post by greenscreens » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:19 am

what kind of plugins?

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:30 am

greenscreens wrote:what kind of plugins?
Plugins that do groove template/extraction. Try a google search.

BlackMath

Post by BlackMath » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:05 am

greenscreens wrote:how about groove templates? cant believe that hasnt happened yet, or has it?

Why can't you just use Live's Grooves with Maschine?
its pretty easy to setup