Midi Controller for ableton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
monkeysee

Midi Controller for ableton

Post by monkeysee » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:53 pm

Hey guys, im getting a midi controller for live, thinking bout getting the bcr2000, its rotary layout appeals to me for using things like beat repeat and filters and stuff, but ive read on some forums that some people have had problems with the midi mapping and stuff, id love to hear what you guys think about cos its a great price and ive heard some good things about it, is it hard/problematic to set up? are there any others in or around its price range that do the same thing?
cheers lads

jonesonyou

Re: Midi Controller for ableton

Post by jonesonyou » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:08 pm

monkeysee wrote:Hey guys, im getting a midi controller for live, thinking bout getting the bcr2000, its rotary layout appeals to me for using things like beat repeat and filters and stuff, but ive read on some forums that some people have had problems with the midi mapping and stuff, id love to hear what you guys think about cos its a great price and ive heard some good things about it, is it hard/problematic to set up? are there any others in or around its price range that do the same thing?
cheers lads

I had problems with this unit and the soundcard and windows i was using, latency audio drops ect. but thats just one example. I sold it.

coldbuggin

Post by coldbuggin » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:21 pm

bcr2000 works beautifully with ableton.

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:24 pm

BCR and BCF both work fine with current version of Live. I remember making now templates a in the Live 6/7 days I thin the reason was so that the buttons would launch clips properly and so that live would treat the BCR and BCF as separate devices, so I moved all their controls to channels 15 and 16 so they didnt clash with anything else.

In the end, I found clip launch button more useful than knob tweaking so I just got the (IMHO hugely) overpriced APC40 because it was baout the only thing that satified the need of a single portable controller capable of doing clip lauching and knob tweakage with some feedback short of building my own thing from livid bits. I miss the motorised fader however so I might take the BCR and BCF apart and buildn them into a console of some kind so I can use them with the APC40.
Nothing to see here - move along!

Tweaking Knobs

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:29 pm

I would say :

- MPK49 or novation SL MKII
- Akai APC
-Launchpad
- Ipad