NAMM 2011 :: Ableton Live 9

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
3phase

Re: NAMM 2011 :: Ableton Live 9

Post by 3phase » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:09 am

fx23 wrote:this always happen cause of apple fanboys arrogantly saying bullshit, in everything single thread in the internet.
you won't see pc users start the thing, never. He comes and say 'buy a mac and L8 will work', this is total bulshit.
Tons of mac users reported bugs as well. Just ask 3phaze if he think L8 is stable, if im not wrong he is using a mac..

namm is pure speculation useless thread anyway, no one as clue about what abes will do until they anounce.

by now it behaves pretty stable, soemtimes a little glich but to an amount you come along on any daw when forcing it too much on the limits...
but it was an over 12 month lasting nightmare with data losses and so many diverse problems ..every week a new drama.. has cost me a lot of time and also money. more actually than 2 suite licenses would cost...

as it looked the only thing i was doing wrong was not using a pro book.. an older digidesign aprooved macbook with ti chipset.. I actually heard that the black 2,16 ghz mac book was one of the best selling apple laptop modells ever.. if thats true the initial bugs effected quite a few mac users.. in the later development it looked like that abletons trys to fix the bugs just spread them to all modells..

quite funny.. one day abeton oficials state that just very few people had problems and L8 is stable for the big majority of users..that other day the ceo contradicts that zenario somehow with public appologies..
only thing we can learn from that.. you cant trust company statements..better check the rumors

i actually became busy on the forum to fight against the wipe under the carpet politics and the behind the curtain handling of "user bugs" .
instead the more professional style of staying to the bugs and warning the customers politics digidesign is practizing for example.. there you never hear the word user bug.. the only have theire own bugs or hardware related incompatibilitys they announce as soon they know that.. sometimes better to be forced to buy another computer or mainboard than month of trouble..
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

fhyio

Post by fhyio » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:54 am

rosti wrote:Soundcloud support? So you could export your tracks straight to soundcloud? In a list of useless new features, this would hit the top 3. What next? Ability to post facebook status updates straight from Lives UI? :D

As long as they put the facebook status update button next to the App store button, i'm game.

What would be even better is a banner sliding across the top of the screen with "Ableton loves you, enjoy your music making experience"

Manik

Post by Manik » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:09 am

i really hope they fix the EXT MIDI SYNC!!!!

2 or more laptops / midi gear that have the same tempo
it can't be that hard

opens up a world of possibility's!!

Btw i love live8, no problems here maybe a few crashes in crazy setup's but i can work with it

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:51 am

Manik wrote:i really hope they fix the EXT MIDI SYNC!!!!

2 or more laptops / midi gear that have the same tempo
it can't be that hard

opens up a world of possibility's!!

Btw i love live8, no problems here maybe a few crashes in crazy setup's but i can work with it
Never gonna happen - it would make live+traktor a totally viable and better alternative to serato+bridge+traktor.
Nothing to see here - move along!

Dexes

Post by Dexes » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:54 am

fhyio wrote:
rosti wrote:Soundcloud support? So you could export your tracks straight to soundcloud? In a list of useless new features, this would hit the top 3. What next? Ability to post facebook status updates straight from Lives UI? :D

As long as they put the facebook status update button next to the App store button, i'm game.
And lets not forget an extra tab in the file browser that shows this forum inside live.

But to go a little step into a more serious direction. If we're talking about auto-upload functions, how about letting live upload crash packs automatically.
I have to admit, due to having to open up my browser logging on my email account uploading the crash pack as an attachment and sending it off manually, I probably only end up sending 1 out of 10 crashes. And I bet there's quite a few people who never send them.

A simple popup when you restart with "crash pack has been created. Do you want to upload to ableton? Yes/NO" would result in them getting a lot more info on crashes, and us getting a more stable version of live.
People who don't have their DAW hooked up to the internet can still transfer it to another computer and send an email.

CFM

Post by CFM » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:44 pm

live upload crash packs - I collect them and then send them in one big massive email.

Fieldy

Post by Fieldy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:36 pm

CFM wrote:live upload crash packs - I collect them and then send them in one big massive email.

me also :D
one big pack a month ^^

cabletone

Post by cabletone » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:07 pm

Sooo... No Live 9 today huh.

Well it is only 8AM at NAMM, so still a little hope I guess....

Jacqueslacouth

Post by Jacqueslacouth » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:03 pm

Not being silly but if Live 9 was released this week, who actually is going to dive straight in after the Live 8 experience?

cabletone

Post by cabletone » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Release typically comes a couple months after announcement. But no announcement, I'm kind of surprised. Maybe it's a good thing; they're working extra on it.

I don't need a new version, I'm just really curious what the new version will feature.

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:18 pm

Jacqueslacouth wrote:Not being silly but if Live 9 was released this week, who actually is going to dive straight in after the Live 8 experience?
Not me.

Very happy with being able to do things like record automation to Maschine clips in real-time. Looking forward to the free 1.6 update with plugin hosting and much more!

T.I.M.

Post by T.I.M. » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:30 pm

No Live 9 at NAMM? Good, work out the bugs and promised features for 8.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:31 pm

hey T.I.M. - I've always wondered why you sport the big ass invisible man in your sig, what's the significance? been seeing it for half a decade now, had to ask.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

T.I.M.

Post by T.I.M. » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:42 pm

Tone Deft wrote:hey T.I.M. - I've always wondered why you sport the big ass invisible man in your sig, what's the significance? been seeing it for half a decade now, had to ask.

The Invisible Man. Just a forum name. Most people wouldnt understand T.I.M. without a pic. Get it. You must like me? :lol:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:45 pm

:oops: went right over my head! :lol:
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz