Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
special ed

Post by special ed » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:14 pm

LOL!

Yeah, they were. But you know what I mean. I think every generation has a special connection to the music they listened to "growing up". I guess that means tweens- teen years. And then every generation inevitably starts bitching about how music was so much better back in "their day" I just don't want to ever get like that. Theres an amazing amount of music coming out these days. Most of it underground. Its just all the mainstream stuff is all such crap now.
i hear ya. in fact im always thinking of how great the early nineties were, smashing pumpkins, pearl jam, blind melon, sound garden, alice in chains, nirvana, , nin, that was my tween-teen music. so i guess im an alternative guy reminiscing. lol. oh well.

5inusoid

Post by 5inusoid » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:51 pm

special ed wrote:
i hear ya. in fact im always thinking of how great the early nineties were, smashing pumpkins, pearl jam, blind melon, sound garden, alice in chains, nirvana, , nin, that was my tween-teen music. so i guess im an alternative guy reminiscing. lol. oh well.
The funniest thing I read in a forum recently was someone going off about how all the new pop-punk is such crap nowadays.

He then went on to say that all the kids today need to go back and listen to the old-school originators : Blink 182 and Green Day.

I almost shit myself laughing.

special ed

Post by special ed » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:27 pm

5inusoid wrote:
special ed wrote:
The funniest thing I read in a forum recently was someone going off about how all the new pop-punk is such crap nowadays.

He then went on to say that all the kids today need to go back and listen to the old-school originators : Blink 182 and Green Day.

I almost shit myself laughing.
you mean blink 182 and green day are not innovators of punk? i suppose your going to say good charolette are not punk pioneers as well? btw who are iggy, mc5, sex pistols and clash?

5inusoid

Post by 5inusoid » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:49 pm

special ed wrote:
you mean blink 182 and green day are not innovators of punk? i suppose your going to say good charolette are not punk pioneers as well? btw who are iggy, mc5, sex pistols and clash?
Don't forget the Ramones!