BT's Stutter Edit is out

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jamief

Re: BT's Stutter Edit is out

Post by jamief » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:07 pm

Rowlsten wrote:Balls! Just gone to buy it and it's changed price to £89. Must have been an error or been ex vat.
seems to have changed. lucky i bought earlier

Unit Price Quantity Line Price
Izotope Stutter Edit (izotope-stutter) £57.00 1 £57.00
Sub Total £57.00
Delivery £0.00
Grand Total £57.00

DigitalLove

Post by DigitalLove » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:39 pm

can anyone help me i want to try this out

downloaded the demo and installed but all i find is a bunch of preset folders in my documents
now program or vst any help?

i am on mac

Rowlsten

Post by Rowlsten » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:30 pm

jamief wrote:
Rowlsten wrote:Balls! Just gone to buy it and it's changed price to £89. Must have been an error or been ex vat.
seems to have changed. lucky i bought earlier

Unit Price Quantity Line Price
Izotope Stutter Edit (izotope-stutter) £57.00 1 £57.00
Sub Total £57.00
Delivery £0.00
Grand Total £57.00
In all fairness £89 is still a nice price. But it's the same emotions I'd have realising that £32 had gone missing from my wallet.

DigitalLove

Post by DigitalLove » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:07 pm

DigitalLove wrote:can anyone help me i want to try this out

downloaded the demo and installed but all i find is a bunch of preset folders in my documents
now program or vst any help?

i am on mac
anyone?

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:21 pm

^ Windows or MacOS?

DigitalLove

Post by DigitalLove » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:44 pm

mac my friend

salatspinatra

Post by salatspinatra » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Okay, so the link to purchase in pounds really converts to the current $ sales price on izotope.

glitchrock-buddha totally hear you on the CPU load. If you can justify the price for giving yourself just a little headroom there, and you don't hear a difference between the filters and whatev's that you're already using, then you don't have to worry too much about anything.

Right, no parameter control, but for the filter, and the auto-grid something or other? Can anyone explain that a bit better? And what is actually passing through the key note grid?

And I didn't like effectrix from my last impression. Too much mousing around. Has that changed?

reeloy totally hear you too: Do I really want to spend my time and boring myself and the audience with a monophonic key glitching my shit out? Ask yourself honestly, is this basically innoculating and numbing you and your audience from any actual interesting move, or is it trully making you loose all control of your bowels from musical awesomeness?

Also, yes, like jamief said, things look too easy, and that's really not very interesting to watch or be engaged in. For me, there needs to be some immediacy about the performance decisions I make. So if I'm going to make this array of decisions as easy as pressing a button, where then am I putting my focus? Clearly my focus needs to go somewhere, right, or I'm just picking my balls.

Terekith-already so recognizable, I agree.

Sunsetter, if you're going to automate anything in Stutter Edit, you're really just going into midi note record. That's as close to.

Arafel, There's some serious game theory going on here in this forum and with their marketing launch, believe it or no: the Nash Equilibirum is that everyone's going to buy it, because if you don't, some schmuck might outshine you for the next umpteen years while this becomes the mots du jour. It's almost a point of distinction that some of us are just plain broke and couldn't buy it even if we wanted to.

BLuE_Lu

Post by BLuE_Lu » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:00 pm

so i bought stutter february 14th through inta for the advertised price. it has been 24+ hours , but I didn't recieve my password / iLok yet. I wrote them but no reply so far (it is business hour in europe right now). what should I do? draw my money back? is this really a legit company?

ned rush

Post by ned rush » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:04 am

making or listening to stuttery, glitchy post aphex interruption music was better when there wasnt the kit around to do it.

now everyone can do it i'd rather listen to la monte young and try to imagine the times when all we could do was bash rocks together.

plugins suck.

ned rush

Post by ned rush » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:05 am

tempus3r wrote:wow. fail.
:lol: