BT's Stutter Edit is out

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Migra

Re: BT's Stutter Edit is out

Post by Migra » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Me definitely, thanks a lot for the info!!! 8O :D
| MacBook Pro 13" OS X 10.7.1 C2D@2.26 4GB.RAM 500GB.HDD@5400RPM | | Reason 6.5 | Logic Studio 9.1.7 | Cubase Artist 6.5.2 | Traktor Pro 2 | Nexus2 |

Migra

Post by Migra » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:11 pm

Yeah BT rocks!!!! He is the Genius!!!! I'm totally buying it just need a credit card borrowed :lol: I hope the next Traktor version includes VST support, this tool would sound awesome on Traktor, I don't like to mix on Live, I just use Live for production/remixing
| MacBook Pro 13" OS X 10.7.1 C2D@2.26 4GB.RAM 500GB.HDD@5400RPM | | Reason 6.5 | Logic Studio 9.1.7 | Cubase Artist 6.5.2 | Traktor Pro 2 | Nexus2 |

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:47 pm

great, more shit for me to mess around with instead of actually making music :wink:
I love the third video, where Ableton is floating behind the device but never really shown doing anything. Looks pretty cool, though...
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

wehkah

Post by wehkah » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:49 pm

Its very senseless if you own Live! All that can be done with effectracks and your creativity. Moneymakin marketing thing. Izotope is a great company but this plug seems to be a very cheap idea.

Dont believe the hype!

my point of view...

cheers
T
Motto: sharing knowledge...

https://soundcloud.com/bytechop

wehkah

Post by wehkah » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Damn, now i see the pricing. 249$ :lol:
Motto: sharing knowledge...

https://soundcloud.com/bytechop

memes_33

Post by memes_33 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:57 pm

yeah, you can do all of that shit with live, but i think i'll probably buy it anyway. with stutters and such, its nice to have as many tools as possible, bounce down a bunch of stutters from those tools, and then re-order them as i see fit. this is another tool for me for that process.

the site says its $150 until 2/14
Hip-Hop, Breakbeat, Glitch, IDM, Dub, & Mashups! Go to:
http://memes.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundcloud.com/memes_33

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:00 pm

Yes, even more stutter edits in music now! We were lacking in this department already.

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:27 pm

Tarekith wrote:Yes, even more stutter edits in music now! We were lacking in this department already.

i sense some sarcasm here :wink:

but you gotta check out the video if you haven't yet. it is definitely an awesome plug-in.

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:47 pm

149USD for a beatmasher that can be mostly knocked up in an live rack, (minus the sampler reverser)?

OK, so looks like there is some nice combinations in there, but still - seems like the kind of thing NI might eventually shovel out as a patch for reaktor.
Nothing to see here - move along!

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:48 pm

Always That Guy wrote:This and everything else you can think of can be done with just Live! You'll never need to buy anything else ever again!

duro

Post by duro » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:16 pm

It's basically The Finger by Native Instruments with a different interface (albeit one that looks a little easier to tweak on). If pretty a pretty UI is worth $150-250 for features you can do pretty easily with other components, then go for it. I'm gunna stick with manual and occasional use of The Finger.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:21 pm

The usefulness of this may largely come down to cpu usage. People say you can do everything in live, but setting up performance set ups where keys can trigger stutters on a selected track basis can make your track list get big and it's not ideal when working with things like Kore. With plug-ins you can have setups where a single track can have an instrument and playable effects in keysplits and it's much nicer to use than using live devices on different tracks. For example I could have Thesys sequencing a synth and then have effectrix after that and have all three respond to different sections of the keyboard to either play it, trigger sequences or trigger effects and stutters. So this thing, if it has interesting stutter abilities may be ideal in that kind of setup. Of course things like this are available in reaktor but cpu usage gets crazy if you want it on alot of tracks. effectrix is cool because it hardly uses cpu. If this is light on cpu too than it might well be worth it. I think the cost is worth the freedom of not having to limit devices as much.
Professional Shark Jumper.

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:50 pm

bt & his music are cool but does the plugin GUI really need his name stamped on it? Don't know about having a particular artist's brand in the back of my mental space every time I open a plugin when I'm trying to clear my mind & get in the zone. That goes for any artist, has nothing to do with him... Very minor but Just saying. NI The Mouth was in collaboration with Tim Exile but its a clean & simple GUI, just says The Mouth at the top without using up more screen space than it needs to. But I can get over that. Consider him the developer side of things here rather than artist... :P

Curious did he actually build the code for this or did he lead others to build it up to his specs?

And yes, I agree there are & always have been a lot of ways to achieve these type of effects already within Live but having an automated plugin makes it quicker and more efficient to to the same thing & more able to do manually in real time. Sugar Bytes Artillery & Supatrigga are kind of the same way too, so I don't see anything wrong or less creative about using these resources, instead of or in addition to poking around with each/every audio file individually. You could say the same thing about beat repeat when it came out a few years ago. Why have a beat repeat plugin when you can achieve the same thing with chop & paste the bits of your audio file?

So I'm all for it if it's a new or more efficient way to do things. Just because other people are using a type of effect that's a reason not to use it? The key here is how to apply these tools, in combination with other tools, in your own way to come up with something compositionally & stylistically unique. You can say there's plenty of music with chorus, flanger & reverb all over it already too, does that mean everything is reduced down to you should always avoid chorus & flanger, reverb in order for yourself to sound unique?! I'm on the fence about buying, looks like the introductory period is the best time to decide...
Khazul wrote:OK, so looks like there is some nice combinations in there, but still - seems like the kind of thing NI might eventually shovel out as a patch for reaktor.
I don't have Reaktor but yes, true or something like it may already exist somewhere in the huge library user group... It probably exists somewhere else previously, just not presented & organized in such a way.
duro wrote:It's basically The Finger by Native Instruments with a different interface (albeit one that looks a little easier to tweak on). If pretty a pretty UI is worth $150-250 for features you can do pretty easily with other components, then go for it. I'm gunna stick with manual and occasional use of The Finger.
Really, I didn't know the Finger got that in depth, will have to check it out. Any others?
Last edited by icedsushi on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.