Ableton Live Experience

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
soumam

Ableton Live Experience

Post by soumam » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:20 am

Hey guys, I'm not really sure this is the right board for this kind of thing but I really feel like it should be said.

I recently used Ableton Live for the first time live. It was at a rave in Atlanta last saturday night. I was playing my usual minimal/techno combination, but instead of turntables I used Ableton Live along with a monome64 and a xone2D interface. I was unsure about how not using turntables live would feel like or how the crowd would react. However, as soon as my music started playing I was totally into it. I've never been so focused and active during a live performance and never had such confidence and clarity in my music and gear before. I never would have thought that using live could have such an impact on me. It was a great success and more importantly a LOT of fun! I'd like to extend a thank-you for everyone on these boards for all the great tips and info for making my ableton experience so rich.

I couldn't have done it without you guys!

UKRuss

Re: Ableton Live Experience

Post by UKRuss » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:34 pm

Sounds like you were in the zone, nice. :D