APC 40, Impulse...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DanRxDrums

APC 40, Impulse...

Post by DanRxDrums » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:05 pm

I'm using impulse and have 8 samples. However, the APC 40 only controls the effects for the 1st sample loaded. How can I can it control every sample individually depending on which one I am working on at the time?

Thanks
http://www.soundcloud.com/BlackAndWhiteDream
Macbook Os X 10.6.5 2.2 Ghz, 4GB Ram, Live 8 Suite, Akai APC40, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, MAudio Oxygen 8 v.2

UKRuss

Re: APC 40, Impulse...

Post by UKRuss » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:50 am

Noted you have posted this twice without response Dan.

I think it cannot be done but I didnt want to post until I checked in t'studio and I haven't had a chance to do that. There could be workarounds such as racking 8 impulses each with one of the samples in and then mapping to the chain selector so you can move between impulses...

I'll try and check this evening but I think for one instance of impulse it won't jump to control the individual sample controls as you select each sample...

Khazul

Re: APC 40, Impulse...

Post by Khazul » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:34 am

Use SHIFT + button under the knobs (look for the number in dark red in the APC) to navigate around pages of controls for a device.
In this case - gets you to each pad, but the visual doesnt change so you cant actually see what you are changing - bit messed up really.
Nothing to see here - move along!