Assign pads to specific drums using DKFH and trigger finger.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
funknotik

Assign pads to specific drums using DKFH and trigger finger.

Post by funknotik » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:58 am

I've been using DKFH "drum kit from hell" for a while now to track drums for a metal project. But I've been using a mouse and it's getting a bit boooring... :( I saw this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeyFNs3kkZk and I noticed he has specific drums mapped out to the trigger finger. Anyone know how to do that? Thanks in advance.
Two technics 1210 turntables, alot of guitars, 2gig Sony vgz fz290, 2gig frankenstein pc, mbox, ableton, flstudio, recycle, the infinity gauntlet, and alot of spare time..

UKRuss

Re: Assign pads to specific drums using DKFH and trigger finger.

Post by UKRuss » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:14 pm

You can program the trigger finger to send specific mid notes, if you program it to correspond with the midi notes that trigger your DKFH kit, when you hit a pad it'll hit the drum.

BOOM!

funknotik

Re: Assign pads to specific drums using DKFH and trigger finger.

Post by funknotik » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:14 am

UKRuss wrote:You can program the trigger finger to send specific mid notes, if you program it to correspond with the midi notes that trigger your DKFH kit, when you hit a pad it'll hit the drum.

BOOM!
Awesome thanks for your response. I never use midi controllers I usually just click away at the grid. But I wanna try my hand at sequencing manually. SO i understand what you mean but do i do that within Enigma? Or is it a process done on the trigger finger itself using the "program bank" "cntrl note" and the other two buttons on the top left?
Two technics 1210 turntables, alot of guitars, 2gig Sony vgz fz290, 2gig frankenstein pc, mbox, ableton, flstudio, recycle, the infinity gauntlet, and alot of spare time..