Application to extract samples from audio files?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Rotter3

Re: Application to extract samples from audio files?

Post by Rotter3 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:39 pm

Ah I misunderstood. You could try this - I have a mate that swears by it - he does a lot of Foley recordings.

http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/sa ... hspecs.php

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:27 pm

I forgot about that one! I was thinking "alRIIGHHTT" & downloaded the demo. But right out of the gate, it fell flat on it's face & wouldn't play out of anything other than outputs 1-2 of my interface. I use the digital outs (channels 11-12) into a separate D/A so I'd have to physically reconfigure my monitoring situation back/forth every time I'd use Sample Manager. Argggh....Always something! :x :lol:

Sample Manager seems the most promising if it weren't for the output monitor issue. From what I could tell with the demo you could extract a 24 bit file & it even has a preview, where you change the threshold you can see what's going to be chopped out. I also liked how you could automated it with the batch processing. Oh well...

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:42 pm

icedsushi wrote:Is there an application that will extract one-shot samples, where let's say you can set a threshold & it will extract samples from the silent part of the audio file? Rather than manually trimming the beginning/ends of each one?

Kind of like how MPC's make a recording, it's already trimmed for you, but done to the audio files after they're already recorded...

There this wierd one called Live that can do beat slicing a bit like an MPC.
Nothing to see here - move along!

dubremix

Post by dubremix » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:02 am

I use AudioFinder sync with MacOSX finder all the time, actually AudioFinder had this feature before there was a Snapper. But with the latest version of AUdioFinder with the new database, I'm using it in stand alone mode more. I bought snapper, but it doesn't do as much and is more expensive, they also want to charge for upgrade to v2. but AudioFinder upgrades are free.

+1 AudioFinder

dubremix

Post by dubremix » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:04 am

btw I emailed about AudioFinder 16 bit and they said look for 24 bit in a week.

polymer

Post by polymer » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:09 am

Try AudioSlicer
I use this on large samples, it chops them up (usually successfully) into chunks where the audio is silent.
Does the job for me pretty well

http://audioslicer.sourceforge.net/

Piplodocus

Post by Piplodocus » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:01 pm

What's wrong with Live? "Slice to new MIDI track" using transients? Or am I missing something?

dubremix

Post by dubremix » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:38 pm

go this from audiofinder site:
http://www.icedaudio.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... f=1&t=1728

"A huge request was for a version of the Sample Extractor that could work with 24 and 32 bit files. Well good news, I've just completed it. It has all the precision of the 16 bit only version, but without the limits! I'll post a beta soon."