Split midi clip by note numbers

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
db2

Split midi clip by note numbers

Post by db2 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:46 pm

Hi, I'm assuming there's a quick command to take a midi clip containing, say, a drum pattern, and split that clip into multiple clips by midi note number.

Can anyone help?

Tone Deft

Re: Split midi clip by note numbers

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:58 pm

nope.

you could use the scale plug in to only let 1 note pass through for each track.

or copy the clip to different tracks then delete the notes in each one. hit a 'key' on the piano roll to select all the notes for each drum hit, hit delete.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:58 pm

db2 wrote:Hi, I'm assuming there's a quick command to take a midi clip containing, say, a drum pattern, and split that clip into multiple clips by midi note number.

Can anyone help?
You can grab individual sounds and their pattern by dragging the sound slot of a Drum Rack to an empty space to create a new track. The newly created track then has a Drum Rack with just that one sound along with a clip.

db2

Post by db2 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:28 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
db2 wrote:Hi, I'm assuming there's a quick command to take a midi clip containing, say, a drum pattern, and split that clip into multiple clips by midi note number.

Can anyone help?
You can grab individual sounds and their pattern by dragging the sound slot of a Drum Rack to an empty space to create a new track. The newly created track then has a Drum Rack with just that one sound along with a clip.
Wow man, that's super awesome. Thanks for letting me know this! Also, if you add an effect to a single drum sound in the drum rack sub mixer in the clip view, and then move this drum sound to a new channel, it tranfers the effect to the new channel and removes it from the rack as well. This is extremely helpful! I can work on an entire groove in one channel, applying effects to individual sounds, and then move them after construction for more detailed tweaking and editing. Very helpful, thanks again!