Moog Filtatron + Live

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
TheDrop2

Moog Filtatron + Live

Post by TheDrop2 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:21 am

Anybody have anything interesting set up with the moog filtatron app and live? i love it. Any way to record these sounds into live??

stax67

Re: Moog Filtatron + Live

Post by stax67 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:13 pm

use a stereo cable from your iphone/ipad to your soundcard, route the audio in live to an audio track, arm it and record!

I have been trying to buy/make a cable so I can feed audio in and out of the app, but with little success so far.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:27 pm

stax67 wrote: I have been trying to buy/make a cable so I can feed audio in and out of the app, but with little success so far.

Great way to do this is to check out the Amplitube iRig or the Peavy AmpKit link. Route audio to a cable, feed that into the device. Run a cable (with 1/8 to 1/4 adaptor) out and back into your interface.

The new Alesis/Akai StudioDock for iPad should take care of this routing for you.... :P
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

stax67

Post by stax67 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:23 pm

Hey LoopStationZebra,

Thanks, I will have to look at the irig/ampkit more closely.

I have a couple of things to try with my homemade cable, I had stereo out work but the iphone did not recognise the mic part, so continued to use the built in mic.

I did find this, a bit pricey but looks good,

http://www.newsignalprocess.com/site/nspbreakout/

Cheers,
Stax.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:51 pm

stax67 wrote:Hey LoopStationZebra,

Thanks, I will have to look at the irig/ampkit more closely.

I have a couple of things to try with my homemade cable, I had stereo out work but the iphone did not recognise the mic part, so continued to use the built in mic.

I did find this, a bit pricey but looks good,

http://www.newsignalprocess.com/site/nspbreakout/

Cheers,
Stax.

Wow, that does look cool. Man, it's funny how I routinely visit a ton of digital music sites and yet this is the first I've seen of that pedal. :x

I think it's the first serious (well built) interface for guitar/keys/etc that I've seen. The iRig and Peavy units are plastic. Kinda meh in terms of build quality.

The price isn't too bad, but I'm looking forward to the StudioDock as I use my iPad and not my iPhone. Having said that, I've not seen or read anything that 100% confirms tha the StudioDock will do what we are asking, but the fact that it's got audio In.....
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

stax67

Post by stax67 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:33 pm

the studiodock looks really good, but unfortunately for me I only have an iPhone. Although I may have to save for an iPad (as well as all the other gear I lust after).