Real Hiphop sightings

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Silence

Re: Real Hiphop sightings

Post by Silence » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:05 am

its not about being real by any objective measure...
its about thinking your real and going with it...
MBP - Ultralite MK3 - Genelec 8020 & 8030 - BCR2000 - padKONTROL - NordRack 2

seattletruth

Post by seattletruth » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:07 am

ARDJ wrote:how do i make sure that when i have kids they never grow up to talk like this... ?
How does he talk? Not like a square? Does that upset you? Up-tight fruits who care so much about pronunciation really shouldn't be making rap beats anyway. Go back to your 4 on the floor garbage.

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:49 pm

Tone Deft wrote:you get used to sf prices over time. hella expensive but the quality of life is amazing.

more interesting video for sure. it's been a year or two since I've done a free form noisefest session like that. I should, it's good to just loosen up and play with your toys. I used to sit around and make regenerative ambient, those were fun.

keep digging, find those vids! youtube is a pretty epic media library.

here's an idea, sample that video and tweak out the sounds.

oh, as for 'that sound' that Dilla sound, I find that I just gotta try lots of samples. don't spend a day trying to make one sample work. spend a few days/weeks mining samples then go through them quickly, mash them up, pitch them around then throw them out. when one finally sticks start the project. in theory at least, the labels aren't knocking on my door.

tone that wasn't me lookin for dillas sound but maybe whomever it twas is checkin this thread so cheers for that......

regarding noise, I've got a couple of kaoss pads and it's amazing how satisfying it is just loading up about 6 samples into those and leaving 2pads free for realtime sampling. the variations and sample fodder that come out the other end are endless, I think I'm going to start going to beat battles with just 2 kp3s, the bad thing is that it makes you feel like you're wasting your other gear
by not using them

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:47 pm

I heard somebody was checkin for dilla, then heres some dilla you haven't seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ganS6Zzo ... E201D1DC1B

nylarch

Post by nylarch » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:16 pm

That's my only feature request for Live 9. Let's have the "f*ckin' instructions printed on the front!"
MacBook Pro; Live 8 Suite, Reaktor; '77 Fender Jazz Bass; Apogee One;

bridgealantee

Post by bridgealantee » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:19 pm

nylarch wrote:That's my only feature request for Live 9. Let's have the "f*ckin' instructions printed on the front!"

Haha in a way they kind of do with the info box in the corner
starving student wrote:I heard somebody was checkin for dilla, then heres some dilla you haven't seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ganS6Zzo ... E201D1DC1B
Thanks dude, so awesome!