The Big Letdown

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Zakari Luk

Post by Zakari Luk » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:40 pm

i remember the days before logic pro, when emagic/apple sold softsynths and samplers for logic that could not be used in any other programs, and the average price was about $200. all the professional daw programs sell or sold proprietary software to use in conjunction with the programs, i think its great that live is starting to expand more.

Rx

Post by Rx » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:20 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
Emissary wrote:...and i am not even a sycophant
I believe you :)

heh. sycophant, thats a word you dont hear everyday :wink:
no shit. never thought i'd actually see it here...
Arp Laszlo
arphaus.com

Dell 6000d: 2.0ghz Pentium 760 | 1gb DDR2 ram
Echo Indigo DJ | Korg microKONTROL | faded black t-shirt emblazoned with 'Detroit' in gothic type

colin_h

Post by colin_h » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:37 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
Emissary wrote:Belive me this synth is amazing. Probably the most powerfull software synth on the market. I didnt realise how it worked to start with ? but than I realised holy shit you can control every parameter with envelopes....Its like Absynth but better. This thing rocks my ass!! add some delay and a bit o reverb and bobs your fanny you have the most amazing controlled sunth of all time. and i am not even a sycophant

This is a track with 8 operators. Still a bit dull, but i love the sounds that come out of it.

Link to track
hoffman2k- really like your track. it's upbeat, but with understated elements that give it an interestingly introspective feel for the listener.. reminds me of stuff on delerium 8 or 9 years ago... nice one! :)
..-

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:46 pm

colin_h wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:
Emissary wrote:Belive me this synth is amazing. Probably the most powerfull software synth on the market. I didnt realise how it worked to start with ? but than I realised holy shit you can control every parameter with envelopes....Its like Absynth but better. This thing rocks my ass!! add some delay and a bit o reverb and bobs your fanny you have the most amazing controlled sunth of all time. and i am not even a sycophant

This is a track with 8 operators. Still a bit dull, but i love the sounds that come out of it.

Link to track
hoffman2k- really like your track. it's upbeat, but with understated elements that give it an interestingly introspective feel for the listener.. reminds me of stuff on delerium 8 or 9 years ago... nice one! :)
Thanks, i'll hook you up with the finsished track when i'm done.

Cheers,

Bjorn

Rx

Post by Rx » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:52 pm

the sounds are indeed purty. nice fat kick & sub too.
Arp Laszlo
arphaus.com

Dell 6000d: 2.0ghz Pentium 760 | 1gb DDR2 ram
Echo Indigo DJ | Korg microKONTROL | faded black t-shirt emblazoned with 'Detroit' in gothic type

colin_h

Post by colin_h » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:16 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
Thanks, i'll hook you up with the finsished track when i'm done.

Cheers,

Bjorn
cool, thanks
..-