All times are UTC

What audio interface is better with Ableton Live 8?
Avid Mbox mk 3 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
MOTU Ultra Lite 3 57%  57%  [ 8 ]
Something Else in this $ range (please post) 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject: Re: Avid MBox mk 3 & Ableton - opinions? / vs MOTU ultra lite 3?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:31 pm 

...didnt read all the post. All i have to say is MBOX3 is FUCKED. I swear they try to hide all the negative links to post online that are related to this 1 (of many) issues.

Almost ALL of Mbox3 Pro have MAJOR problems. Crazy Noise or static after running the DI/Line inputs, or headphones conking out.... Freezing Ableton so nothings playing but Ableton thinks its still playing (green arrow still lit, when quitting it requests to stop playing.

Anyway.... I swear ive seen hundreds of forum posts all relating to these kinds of issues.... Its all related to 1 big problem. Cause it all happens in the same kind of time limit. Like if im playing/recording my Prophet08, I can only get like 20-30 minutes of DI before the malfunction/overload static shit comes in. Or if im just using ableton and insert effects/automation or whatever, itll do that freeze up thing..... sometimes it will come-back though out of no-were? haha weird, it just happened while i was righting this.

Totally FUCKS my work flow. I shouldnt have to shut-down my project every 20-30 minutes. Its not a BUG ... and ive tryd all the basic stuff/configurations to maby fix USER error. But its not that... its just a junk box with nice features. What does the Sound and Features matter if i cant make my music to my full potential cause i have to stop all the time?????? sux

yes lots of mispelling and grammer enjoy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:41 pm 

Do yourself a favor DONT GET AN MBOX3. So many wierd problem that seem to not be answered. Stops working in the middle of a project (you can almost time it) ((every project))

Been trying to find out answers online for a long time with NO LUCK, but found people with the same issues (or similar) All over the internet.

Youll get this wierd noise and static on the Inputs every 20 min or so, forcing to restart. Then sometimes it takes 3-4 restarts to even start working correctly again (audio/identified by an going thru mbox) ....but then about 10-15-20 min later same thing. Or itll just FREEZE Ableton on you. Its 1 or the other every 20 min. SUCKS. Happens to SOOOOoo many people..... dont understand how a physical device can be sold on the market having so many problems in basic features. EX: Basic feature of an interface - Audio "XXX egghh!!" FAIL lol.

Basically you pay all this money to make sure you dont stay in ANY kind of zone for to long. No wouldn't want that! lol. CrapBox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:27 am 

Hi VJFRanzk - wondering if you can post an update on this thread since I'm making the same audio interface buying decisions myself right now (12/31/12 - Happy New Year!) I also prefer Ableton and from my perspective, the absolute MOST important thing I'm looking for is non-glitch functionality. Color and "noise level" are secondary concerns for me. This said, the C400 is getting really good reviews as being a solid, best-band-for-the-buck device, But the Focusrite interfaces ship with a lite version of Ableton, which leads me to think that although the A/D converters may not be a transparent as MOTU, that the Focusrite stuff may work better because of their relationship with Ableton.

One last note as to my hardware, software, and mission: I am using an Asus Vivobook x202e that has two USB2 and one USB3 port for connectivity and I am running Ableton 8 Suite with no problems, as well as a Novation Launchpad and Korg Kontrol 49.
My goal is to be able to record and launch clip loops as well as effects from my midi controller - similar to what Kid Beyond is doing. PS: Are there any templates that can help me out in this direction any one knows of?