Ableton you have the slowest programmers in this universe...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
gosinisha

Re: Ableton you have the slowest programmers in this universe...

Post by gosinisha » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:31 pm

ze2be i agree. here is also same thing, dual boot, good pc, optimised, no problems. i even have a lot of 3rd party plugs, maybe about 150 installed, no crashes at all. these complaining punks have bad pcs or, they do not know how to make optimisations for audio. live is very stable. and in the developing they are very good, things get solved (but you can not expect that they will fulfill all our ideas - there is no company as such). things get solved here, not like at some other companies that only sell and never fix bugs. whish list is another thing. good job, ableton!
thinkpadT520/win7.64/studioONE2/firefaceUC/akaiMPKmini/VSTinstruments/sampleCDs

gosinisha

Post by gosinisha » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:43 pm

people that like fast developing can switch to cubase and get every year another unstable version full of bugs and fight their music creativity against bugs forever. even give money for it! it`s suppose to work like this; you`re not suppose to make music - they are suppose to make money from you donkeys. not at ableton...
thinkpadT520/win7.64/studioONE2/firefaceUC/akaiMPKmini/VSTinstruments/sampleCDs

Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:13 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:How long time can it take to bring a stabel piece of software?

I never seen a company releasing their updates so slooooow....

I guess we will have to wait for next summer for Live 8.3......?

Hmmmmmmmm :(
wow what an idiot,

You are really complaing about Abletons release intervals and claim to use Native Instruments?

I still have to use the registry edit hack (incorrectly named devices) to get some of thier stand alone products (Massive and Kontak) to work... a bug that has been around for a year and a half!

3phase

Post by 3phase » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Khazul wrote:I just wish that ALL the daw companies would get together and agree on some standard open (xml + zip?) file/project format (which of course would be a superset of supported features), so that you could then easily choose to use each DAW for the parts of the job its best at.

So, if you want to do your creative bit in Live, which mostly works very well, but then mix down in something else , then the transfer process would become a whole load easier rather than being forced to bounce the audio and loose the ability to tweak or manually recreate everything.

Yeh - we know rewire - but its completely f****** useless for this as cant use most plugins when Live is a slave.

The point - if you have problems with Live (bugs, quirks, missing features like full PDC, workflow better elsewhere for that stage etc), then you transfer to weapon of choice and finish the job there - of course such a process might only work with 3rd party plugins, but it would certainly solve a hell of alot of problems that result in the many variations of these kind of threads.

other daw have that and its called omf format ..

what would allow transfer of the arrange window.. also a feature a daw could have in year ten of its exsistance..
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

simpli.cissimus

Post by simpli.cissimus » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:06 pm

gosinisha wrote:people that like fast developing can switch to cubase and get every year another unstable version full of bugs and fight their music creativity against bugs forever. even give money for it! it`s suppose to work like this; you`re not suppose to make music - they are suppose to make money from you donkeys. not at ableton...
...you forgot to mention that like with the new Cubase6 !

The users have to pay for bug fixes.
And to cover things up, get little up-grades like Midi-Expression which
works only if you have the right synth.
(They are not sold at the moment, but be prepared for the next upgraded synth-avalanche, and prepare your wallets for that too)

If it was Steinberg who owned Ableton, there would already be a Live9 version out, and you had to pay for it...!

So far,the Abletons have always showed respect to users and pride in their work.
I don't feel like a shaved sheep, like the Cubase users...
No! I'll never use the Push-App Live 9 !!!

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:37 pm

Digital_Damage wrote:
xzusa8ky wrote:How long time can it take to bring a stabel piece of software?

I never seen a company releasing their updates so slooooow....

I guess we will have to wait for next summer for Live 8.3......?

Hmmmmmmmm :(
wow what an idiot,

You are really complaing about Abletons release intervals and claim to use Native Instruments?

I still have to use the registry edit hack (incorrectly named devices) to get some of thier stand alone products (Massive and Kontak) to work... a bug that has been around for a year and a half!

My Hero! :evil:
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

wehkah

Post by wehkah » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:49 pm

Why do you not exactly point out, which bugs need to be fixed? For me Live runs very fine but Max for Live has a lot of issues. If you have a specific issue, send a bug report or contact the tech.-support.

Maybe you get help here:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewforum.php?f=2

cheers
T
Motto: sharing knowledge...

https://soundcloud.com/bytechop

nowtime

Post by nowtime » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:57 pm

Stable here (8.1 I think). I've learned to not push it too hard, and not use VST's (I am using Maschine). It works, it runs, it saves. As long as I don't try to open a set from a year of two ago, then it works.

bodhi71

Post by bodhi71 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:47 pm

I had around 10 crashes this weekend, sent them to crash reports, still wouldn't want to use another DAW.