All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: seems like not a lot of movie composer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:25 pm 

Live is what I use to score feature films (see signature if interested) the trailer and films are all done in Live.

A colleague uses Logic and DP, we both have to do the same TimeSignature changes to tweak frame timings, etc.

Live gets a bad rap for being a fun loop tool. Everyone is shocked when the learn I use Live for my work.

M U S I C :
Nova Patrol
gEEKbEATS

Post subject: Re: seems like not a lot of movie composer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:49 pm 

geekbeats wrote:
Live gets a bad rap for being a fun loop tool. Everyone is shocked when the learn I use Live for my work.

Yep, I noticed some views expressed in this thread (from 2011...) are in that vein. Claiming that Live is useful only for "repetitive pattern based music" and so on. That's a bit of a stereotype, not unlike the one FL Studio still carries, regardless of its wide range of possibilities.

I've worked professionally on a wide variety of projects using Live (TV/games/performances), love the workflow, and often do more "organic" stuff instead of pattern based electronic genre material. Not that I'm implying there's anything inherently wrong with pattern based electronic stuff, of course there isn't :D, I do enjoy quality stuff like that as well, and it's an area of expertise as any.

Cheers!