Korg MS20 VST skipping the first note on Program Change

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
SBRK

Korg MS20 VST skipping the first note on Program Change

Post by SBRK » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:08 pm

I've had that problem for quite a while now...
Sometimes, when I have a Korg MS20 (or any other vst from the Korg Legacy Collection) when I'm playing a clip on that ms20, and then launch another clip on that same ms20, but with a program change, the first note is mute. It's quite annoying, since I have a track where I whange 6 times the program. The track consist of 2 MS20 racked, playing at the same time.

Any idea/solution ?

savyurrecords

Re: Korg MS20 VST skipping the first note on Program Change

Post by savyurrecords » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Yeah I haven't done that in a while but I never could get reliable program changes using automation within clips. It would work for the most part, but not perfectly. I ended up using a separate track for each sound.

One workaround I used was triggering the program changes with a secondary MIDI track.

A second workaround would be taking the first note of each clip and slightly pushing it to the right to delay it (just a few milliseconds). Of course turn off the grid before you do this.

Rich

SBRK

Re: Korg MS20 VST skipping the first note on Program Change

Post by SBRK » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:16 pm

savyurrecords wrote:Yeah I haven't done that in a while but I never could get reliable program changes using automation within clips. It would work for the most part, but not perfectly. I ended up using a separate track for each sound.

One workaround I used was triggering the program changes with a secondary MIDI track.

A second workaround would be taking the first note of each clip and slightly pushing it to the right to delay it (just a few milliseconds). Of course turn off the grid before you do this.

Rich
I think I'm going to delay the clip start and compensate with the track delay...