anti 'operator' ableton users.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Emissary

Post by Emissary » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:33 am

What is comes down to basically is operator is a really good synth that I'm not going to get, because i dont want to. I dont understand why people moan about having to buy it???? WTF!! its these types of people that moan about wanting to delete operator , that have a collection of dead bodies of their families in the closet (cos they just couldnt let go). Its really quite weird. I wish we could all just quiet down over operator now and get back to the real world. who's with me?

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:38 am

Emissary wrote:What is comes down to basically is operator is a really good synth that I'm not going to get, because i dont want to. I dont understand why people moan about having to buy it???? WTF!! its these types of people that moan about wanting to delete operator , that have a collection of dead bodies of their families in the closet (cos they just couldnt let go). Its really quite weird. I wish we could all just quiet down over operator now and get back to the real world. who's with me?
Who the fuck are you telling people people what they can and can't express on a forum? If you don't want to read it then dont fucking read it and butt out.

And i do unfortunately live in the real world, and no, I'm definately not with you.

All I was doing was TRYING to express my opinion politely,

Aw fuck it, what's the point

Cya

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:20 pm

im with ya martyn .... i understand

regards
dave

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:27 pm

polemans wrote:i think calling me an arrogant tosser is uncalled for.
You called me a luddite, you said I had my head up my own arse, and then you proclaimed that my opinion shouldn't exist.

You sir, are an arrogant tosser. :wink:

polemans

Post by polemans » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:46 pm

Mr. amberience,
I have never proclaimed that your (or anyone elses) opinion shouldn't exist. Your interpretation of my origional post seems sloppy to say the least.
The 'luddite with head up arse' comment does seem to have angered you a tad, why take it so personally, my post didn't say 'ATTENTION AMBERIENCE' did it? tell me about your mother. :wink
ableton, computer, old drums, newfangled drums, loadsa bits n bobs. - http://www.myspace.com/polemans

smutek

Post by smutek » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:04 pm

conny wrote:I noticed a big blank in the middle while scrolling.
Reminds me of some mornings - is this my home? Is this my wall or ceiling?
// C
you are delightfully strange!

8)

redrobot

Post by redrobot » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:30 pm

hello there.

my first post here so hello to all. :)

I bought Live the latter part of last year and its taken till now to start getting really stuck into it. I love its ease of use and it is easily the best sequencer I have found for the way I want to be working with audio.

Operator intrigues me. Having messed about on the demo last night I can see it would be a very useful and extremely powerful addition to my sonic arsenal but I do feel it is quite pricey. All the same I take my hat off to Robert Henke and the Ableton team for developing it, because it sounds great and looks like it will be alot of fun to use.

My humble opinion is this, having recently bought the Reaktor Electronic Instruments Vol. 2 package which is less than the price of Operator for 8 instruments and effects I am not sure I am ready to take the plunge, for now at least.

At the same time Operator is considerably less expensive than NI's FM7 and alot less expensive than an equivalent analogue keyboard/s. So from that perspective I don't see too much to complain about. So maybe I will then? :twisted: Decisions decisions. :roll:

I'm sure the upgrades people are looking for, with the necessary feedback, will materialise before long. I have to say, being a relative noob to Live, I can find little wrong with it at this stage and I am glad to have purchased this amazingly intuitive software. So I may be blissfully unaware but I'm definitely loving it. ;)

Peace

experimedia

Post by experimedia » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:01 pm

Im not anti or pro operator. Im not really that concerned. I just feel fortunate enough being able to say I own and am able to enjoy the benefits live brings me.

The only thing that perturbes me is the fact that there is a pirated version of ableton v4.1 already floating around with operator cracked as well. That means us legal owners of live have to pay $150 to use operator while the warez kids get to use it all for nothing. Yeah its not right...and honestly there is no use complaining. Just thought I would point that out. Oh well. Like I said Im just happy I was fortunate enough to be able to work enough overtime to squeeze live 4 into my budget.

Keep up the great work Ableton. Looking forward to see what you have in store next.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:35 pm

Martyn wrote:
Emissary wrote:What is comes down to basically is operator is a really good synth that I'm not going to get, because i dont want to. I dont understand why people moan about having to buy it???? WTF!! its these types of people that moan about wanting to delete operator , that have a collection of dead bodies of their families in the closet (cos they just couldnt let go). Its really quite weird. I wish we could all just quiet down over operator now and get back to the real world. who's with me?
Who the fuck are you telling people people what they can and can't express on a forum? If you don't want to read it then dont fucking read it and butt out.

And i do unfortunately live in the real world, and no, I'm definately not with you.

All I was doing was TRYING to express my opinion politely,

Aw fuck it, what's the point

Cya

Hehehehe see, its only a matter of time before this ridicolous rage and name calling turns into something more sinister (skeletons in the closet)....hehe... i have no idea who you are and did not mean to offend you personally , but please sir , stop the rage.......... oh yeah and SHUT UP MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:49 pm

Emissary wrote: Hehehehe see, its only a matter of time before this ridicolous rage and name calling turns into something more sinister (skeletons in the closet)....hehe... i have no idea who you are and did not mean to offend you personally , but please sir , stop the rage.......... oh yeah and SHUT UP MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Nobody called anyone anything, "skeletons in closets" and"collection of dead bodies of their families in the closet (cos they just couldnt let go"

What the fuck are you on about?

:lol:

nolus

Post by nolus » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:51 pm

Having played with this for a few hours I have come to the conclusion that I really like this synth. Try playing it live with a decent quality keyboard. From a keyboard player's point of view it's superb. Nearly all the preset sounds are instantly usable, and the instruments playability is second to none, with really expressive touch sensitive effects on most of the patches. Even in demo mode I can definately use this in the context of live performance, jamming with friends or just messing around looking for ideas - load up a nice backing track, add an instance of operator and just jam away. You can always record the audio to another track and tell Live not to delete the temporary audio files when you exit.

"Live" is the name of the product, don't forget.

Shame I can't afford it at the moment, and 129 euros does seem expensive when you consider that the rest of Live 4 can be got for around 350 euros if you shop around. i.e. more than a third extra for one more instrument.

And by cornerring the market on unlock codes they've ensured that you can't shop around for the best price on operator.
"That very perceptive of you Mr Stapleton, and rather unexpected... in a G Major"

masturfader

Post by masturfader » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:55 pm

hmm,the demo of op is pretty cool, but come on abletons! should be free! or at least a bit cheaper. id pay 30 dollars for it, theres so many free synths that it dosent make sense to pay such a large amount imo..