Deleting unauthorized instruments

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
monkeysee

Deleting unauthorized instruments

Post by monkeysee » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:19 am

hey guys just a quick question, i want to delete the samples in live that i cant use because i dont have operater/tension, cos its a pain in the ass having to go through em all the time, just wondering if this would cause me trouble if i ever wanted to update to suite, would the samples be reinstalled?
thanks, shane

hoffman2k

Re: Deleting unauthorized instruments

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:02 am

Operator and Tension are synths, they don't use samples. You probably mean the presets.
If you're using the latest the version of Live and you scanned your library, those presets should be invisible from within Live.

But you can delete them. Go to preferences > Live Packs and uninstall the packs you do not use.
This stuff is all included with the suite, so it will just be reinstalled when you update.

crofter

Post by crofter » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:58 am

Alternatively just do a "repair library"this works for me when Live gets confused.
Core2 quad q660, 4gig ram, Win 7 home premium SP1.
P4 2.8 ghz, Gigabyte GA- 81E2004P, 1.5 gig ram,XP Home, SP3.
dual core pentium laptop 2 gig ram Win 8.
MOTU 8Pre,Tascam FW-1804,Zoom R16, Ableton live 8.4
Cubase 7

Synthbuilder

Post by Synthbuilder » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:11 am

hoffman2k wrote:But you can delete them. Go to preferences > Live Packs and uninstall the packs you do not use.
This stuff is all included with the suite, so it will just be reinstalled when you update.
The question is why does it add them all back again when you update with the non suite version of Live. It really should give you an option of whether to update only the instruments you have. It would certainly speed up the install time.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:26 am

Synthbuilder wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:But you can delete them. Go to preferences > Live Packs and uninstall the packs you do not use.
The question is why does it add them all back again when you update with the non suite version of Live. It really should give you an option of whether to update only the instruments you have. It would certainly speed up the install time.
Ableton does provide updates without content (again). If you download the "program only" version, there are no Live Packs included. Maybe just the lessons.

monkeysee

Post by monkeysee » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:01 pm

cheers lads, much better :)

Synthbuilder

Post by Synthbuilder » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:24 pm

hoffman2k wrote:Ableton does provide updates without content (again). If you download the "program only" version, there are no Live Packs included. Maybe just the lessons.
Yes this is true but then you don't get any new presets that have been added that are valid for the instruments you have. This happened in the last update when there was a bunch of new things.

I should add that getting those extra bits was worth the extra hassle of having again to watch all those unwanted sounds being loaded again and then manually removing them, but... maybe it would be better to have the option of not installing them at all.

Small point though I'll admit. And it doesn't bug me as much as not having a proper step time input, or curves in automation... but I digress.

MAZF

Post by MAZF » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:30 pm

Does anyone know how to delete Operator from Live Standard... I have a session I did in the trial version and after I got Standard its still trying to open operator and de-authorizes the session so I can't export anything. I tried completely uninstalling both the Trial version and the Standard, tried deleting the Operator app from the pack install path destination. Nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?

pottering

Post by pottering » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:44 am

MAZF wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:30 pm
Does anyone know how to delete Operator from Live Standard... I have a session I did in the trial version and after I got Standard its still trying to open operator and de-authorizes the session so I can't export anything. I tried completely uninstalling both the Trial version and the Standard, tried deleting the Operator app from the pack install path destination. Nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?
You have to remove Operator from your project, not Standard.

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... eactivated
♥♥♥