rendering..

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
a8leton

rendering..

Post by a8leton » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:28 pm

hey, i have recently completed a few tracks and was wanting to post them on youtube.
I have already rendered them but when i tried to upload them the quality is really poor.

Is this a youtube problem?? or have i to change the rendering settings to suit.

My settings are. bit rate 16
sample rate 44100

Basically the default settings.

Cheers for any help :)
A8leton

Cezband

Re: rendering..

Post by Cezband » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:41 pm

16 bit and 44.1 samples should be fine (that's the CD standard), so that shouldn't be the problem.

First thing to check is that the audio file you're exporting isn't clipping at all. If it is, then there's a good chance that the file you export is going to sound different to what you hear in Live (no matter what sample and bit rate you use).

But yeah, uploading to youtube does lots of stuff to the audio - it's been a while since I've done youtube stuff but I'm sure it asks you a bunch of questions about how you want your video encoded/compressed etc. This obviously has a drastic effect on your audio...Are you making the video itself in Live, or are you taking the audio you made in Live and putting it over video in another program? Again, the way that program encodes the video is going to have an effect.

Just a few things to consider, sorry if I'm not being very detailed... :)
Live 7.0.18 | Axiom 61 | Launchpad | Homous | Nanokontrol | Saffire 6 | Ibanez Jazzmaster Bass | Biscuits
Soundcloud (solo stuff) | One Gear Go (my band)