EATING HUMBLE PIE - ABE's and MR.Henke I hate YOU .........

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
FaX-01

EATING HUMBLE PIE - ABE's and MR.Henke I hate YOU .........

Post by FaX-01 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:31 pm

I still know the price is out of my budget range :( ....
But DAMMIT the more I mess with the OPERATOR the more I like it.
Great sound.
Best implementation of FM synthesis I've seen.
Logical.
Concise.
Easy to Program
Nice - filters so it's BOTH FM and Subtractive ;)..........
Oohhh it will take me six months (yes seriously) but I'm gonna have to cave in on this sucker.
Between it - Tackle box - Impulse - Simpler - Kubic - Reason I'm pretty much laughing IMHO ..........
Oh my God I think I'm becoming a Born again Operator :D .....
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:59 pm

do you feel guilty or embarrasted for all that stink you originally raised now?

conny

Post by conny » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:34 pm

PC Laptop Acer, XP Home SP2, build in crappy sound card.
Bleeps and Blops!
http://bluemoose.greatnow.com/

smutek

Re: EATING HUMBLE PIE - ABE's and MR.Henke I hate YOU .........

Post by smutek » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:56 pm

FaX-01 wrote:I still know the price is out of my budget range :( ....
But DAMMIT the more I mess with the OPERATOR the more I like it.
Great sound.
Best implementation of FM synthesis I've seen.
Logical.
Concise.
Easy to Program
Nice - filters so it's BOTH FM and Subtractive ;)..........
Oohhh it will take me six months (yes seriously) but I'm gonna have to cave in on this sucker.
Between it - Tackle box - Impulse - Simpler - Kubic - Reason I'm pretty much laughing IMHO ..........
Oh my God I think I'm becoming a Born again Operator :D .....
he he he he he (chuckles to self)

8)

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:55 pm

i think alot of folks were just bitching cuz they only use presets (of course there was sticker shock too!!!), but many of those who complained about how it sounded vs. FM7 i think were only listening to presets as many of them were bitching about the presets themselves.

kinda like bitching about Live's default .als song.
i've been running Operator through MS-20 filters and regular ableton fx and getting great results. I've got $99 onit!!!!

pentajigga

Post by pentajigga » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:21 pm

$99? thought it was more?

link?
shuttle xpc amd athlon 64 3500+ / 1gig RAM / oxygen 8 / rme hdsp9652

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:25 pm

no no no , i'm just saying i got $99 on it, not $149
sorry for the midwest slang.

supster

Post by supster » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:01 pm

Its not easy being ahead of your time ... ;)

*blows on fingers*

hehehe :P
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

smutek

Post by smutek » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:45 pm

AdamJay wrote:kinda like bitching about Live's default .als song.
Not sure if you remember but people actually did bitch about the default als song......

:lol:

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:33 pm

adhmzaiusz wrote:do you feel guilty or embarrasted for all that stink you originally raised now?

I definately don't feel "embarrasted" seeing as it isn't word in anyone's vocabulary !

Secondly do you feel like a truly condescending self righteous bitch for posting that ?

Got to keep that superiority complex in check haven't you :wink: .

And just to clarify I bitched about PRICE I didn't bitch about sound quality - two different things altogether or maybe in the land of "EMBARRASTED" people are too ignorant to notice otherwise.

PS: And yes I apologise for being solely responsible for the STINK in here if it appeases your moronic sensibilities - I obviously have 90 other pseudonymns in here and just trolled all day because I could :roll: :roll: :roll:
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

Komplex

Post by Komplex » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:43 pm

yeah but you used big writing ;)

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:51 pm

Komplex wrote:yeah but you used big writing ;)

You mean some like this?
I was just being creative ! :D

dfusion

Post by dfusion » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:22 am

AdamJay wrote:i think alot of folks were just bitching cuz they only use presets (of course there was sticker shock too!!!), but many of those who complained about how it sounded vs. FM7 i think were only listening to presets as many of them were bitching about the presets themselves.

kinda like bitching about Live's default .als song.
i've been running Operator through MS-20 filters and regular ableton fx and getting great results. I've got $99 onit!!!!
HOLD IT JUST A SECOND MR. JAY! :evil:

There are two camps here, the lamers who complain about the sound - bah! And those who legitimately complain that the asking price is too high. We all love to think Ableton is a forward thinking company that provides fresh, new, innovative ways to music making. But introducing a $150 Live-only plugin with no other feature requests (that users have been providing good feedback towards for a long time) totally sucks ass. Even if they would have delivered half-dozen or so new (minior) features, plus Operator for $79 then it would have been enlightening. But the thunder is lost and we know Ableton is most concerned about their bank account impressing investors than user loyalty. Even if the Operator plugin would be $79 from now until the end of January, then the price went up after that, it give people incentive to jump on it. Despite how good (or bad) Operator sounds, it's the way Ableton hyped the new device, and presented it to the public, that was a major turn off. Thumbs down for Public Relations. Thumbs up for technical creativity.

logicat2001

Post by logicat2001 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:20 am

dfusion,

Didn't ableton simply say there was a new addition to Live called Operator, then asked us to try and guess what it was? That doesn't sound like much of a hype. It was this f'in forum that went ape-shit and completely turned me off. It was truly disgusting.
But the thunder is lost and we know Ableton is most concerned about their bank account impressing investors than user loyalty.
AFAIK, Ableton is a privately held company. If that's still the case, then I have no idea what you're talking about. Ableton's so-called "Thunder" was in offering a unique implementation of FM synthesis, for anyone who was interested. Sounds alright to me; I'm not interested, so I didn't buy it.

End of story.

And to <_you_fill_in_your_favorite_forum_members_name_here>, your ranting has really been a low point on this board. First frantic that Ableton reveal what "Operator" is, then bitching that it's not something you're interested in. Now, you're all excited because you're really beginning to like what it can do. Useless, pathetic, and petty drama.

Best,
Anton
Logic 7 Pro | MetaSynth | Unix | Live

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:09 am

Takes Bow and waits for encore .............. :roll:

Oh well you're not a lost cause you do use Metasynth
Last edited by FaX-01 on Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.