Who thinks their music is original?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
silveriofunk

Re: Who thinks their music is original?

Post by silveriofunk » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:17 am

Rabalder wrote:Ive been searching for an original sound for over 5 years.
Ive given up and started over again maybe 20 times during these 5 years.
At this point everyone basically thinks Im mad. Not ONE song finnished in 5 years.

Quittig aint an option!

I WILL create something totally new, or grow old and die trying..
Gettin really close now.........!!
But its HARD! REALLY HARD!!!
are you serious???

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:55 pm

3phase = :x

It's still incredible that he hasn't even had his hand slapped for what is now well and truly a major trollfest in thread after thread.

*speechless*
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:10 pm

i'm sick of your arrogance and general buffoonery 3phase.

this has been a pretty cool thread then you come along and insult everybody in the first line of your post.

why?

you had some good points to make so why ruin it with the insult?

you seem to be keen to alienate yourself from everyone on this forum so why not take that to it's logical conclusion?

go away.

The Leveller

Post by The Leveller » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:35 pm

Relax chaps. 8) Its all good.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:32 pm

macmurphy wrote:i'm sick of your arrogance and general buffoonery 3phase.

this has been a pretty cool thread then you come along and insult everybody in the first line of your post.

why?

you had some good points to make so why ruin it with the insult?

you seem to be keen to alienate yourself from everyone on this forum so why not take that to it's logical conclusion?

go away.

coolthread? no.. A rather sad example of people that would make the world a better place when they would look for a more constructive hobby like car tuning or tupperware exachange
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

The Leveller

Post by The Leveller » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:51 pm

Relax son, life's easier that way.
:lol:

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:16 am

The Leveller wrote:The thign is 3-phase, that not all Ableton users try to make dance music. I don't.

I think alot of your comments are directed at that industry, but that is a little unfair since, even in your day techno evolved from House and House from Disco....unless you were making your music back in the 70s, you yourself simply copied what had gone before to some degree. That's ALTrainer's point.

Originality is impossible, uniqueness isn't.

Of course on the whole I agree that the whole industry is based on farming the dreams of the wannabe, there are other threads about that. But in amongst all that, there will be musicians making unique music at a good quality level even using Ableton Live. The choice of tools is an individual one regardless of whether or not you personally find it an acceptable tool.

Or perhaps you are suggesting there is no unique music at all being made anymore?

Wagner has his place too, but he was hardly original...

again all this stupid phrases that make no sense or would be closer to the truth when formulated the opposite way..

its very easy to be original...but unique? thats a diferent question... and even when you can hunt me down the street with wagner..

he is sounding like...who?

when this strage guy dont qualifies as an original..sure..than there are none..

but face it.. you guys just dont have the tinyest clue about music..you are perfect products of our higspeed throw away society.

You lost the senses to seperate copys from originals and therfore you have to claim that there is nothing original in the world..and of cause that such a thing as a soul doesnt exsist and therefore your stupid "how to make this and that style" trainings make sense for you..

Your type was allready a problem when you just was buyers of music. but do you really think you are qualified to discuss originality?

this thread answers that pretty clearly... and with what a whimpy result...

"there is no original music and therfore i can use as many preset sounds and tracks as i want and steel what i like without naming any original author because he must have taken it from somewhere else anyway... its just my ego that matters..everything else is an illusion"

sorry guys..thats an asshole mantra and its pathetic.. just keep training and shut up

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:25 am

3phase wrote:
but face it.. you guys just dont have the tinyest clue about music..you are perfect products of our higspeed throw away society.
.....yes mister Sherman, everything stinks.....

glenn303

Post by glenn303 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:25 am

3phase wrote:
The Leveller wrote:The thign is 3-phase, that not all Ableton users try to make dance music. I don't.

I think alot of your comments are directed at that industry, but that is a little unfair since, even in your day techno evolved from House and House from Disco....unless you were making your music back in the 70s, you yourself simply copied what had gone before to some degree. That's ALTrainer's point.

Originality is impossible, uniqueness isn't.

Of course on the whole I agree that the whole industry is based on farming the dreams of the wannabe, there are other threads about that. But in amongst all that, there will be musicians making unique music at a good quality level even using Ableton Live. The choice of tools is an individual one regardless of whether or not you personally find it an acceptable tool.

Or perhaps you are suggesting there is no unique music at all being made anymore?

Wagner has his place too, but he was hardly original...

again all this stupid phrases that make no sense or would be closer to the truth when formulated the opposite way..

its very easy to be original...but unique? thats a diferent question... and even when you can hunt me down the street with wagner..

he is sounding like...who?

when this strage guy dont qualifies as an original..sure..than there are none..

You lost the senses to seperate copys from originals and therfore you have to claim that there is nothing original in the world..and of cause that such a thing as a soul doesnt exsist and therefore your stupid "how to make this and that style" trainings make sense for you..

Your type was allready a problem when you just was buyers of music. but do you really think you are qualified to discuss originality?

this thread answers that pretty clearly... and with what a whimpy result...

"there is no original music and therfore i can use as many preset sounds and tracks as i want and steel what i like without naming any original author because he must have taken it from somewhere else anyway... its just my ego that matters..everything else is an illusion"

sorry guys..thats an asshole mantra and its pathetic.. just keep training and shut up

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:25 am

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:26 am

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:41 am

yeah..that really helps...

and at least you agreed ...so it helped you aswell :lol:

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:56 am

a decent thread ruined :roll:

The Leveller

Post by The Leveller » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:03 am

Lists of things 3-phase understands better than the normal people:

1. Making music, particularly techno.
2. The irrelevance of all these toys that the young peoples use for their musics.
3. Wagner.
4. Lots of other stuff we cannot possibly hope to understand.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:13 am

The Leveller wrote:Lists of things 3-phase understands better than the normal people:

1. Making music, particularly techno.
2. The irrelevance of all these toys that the young peoples use for their musics.
3. Wagner.
4. Lots of other stuff we cannot possibly hope to understand.
:D

you forgot:
5. how shit Ableton Live is, thus
6. anyone who uses said is an amateur