MIDI/USB Controllers ... Please a suggestion ...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
MAGNETO_66

MIDI/USB Controllers ... Please a suggestion ...

Post by MAGNETO_66 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:22 am

Hi everybody :-) I'm going to seriously prepare my incoming performances and i have to get some good controller ... i already tried AKAI APC40, Novation Launchpad (i own one), behringer BCR-2000...I have to admit that NONE of THEM fully satisfied me ... :( I found launchpad good only for launching clips and scenes, nothing more...On the other hand, APC40 lacks of motorized faders and the possibility of storing different configurations to "user presets" ... It would be GREAT to immediately recall track volumes and on/off OR (solo) status for different scenes...So i was tempted to buy a behringer BCR-2000 + BCF-2000 in order to have motorized faders for volumes, endless rotary knobs for Live's devices parameters and the possibility of storing presets ...of course, in this case i would also keep my launchpad ... What Do You think, could BCR2000/BCF2000/Launchpad be a good solution instead of re-buying AKAI APC40 ? Thanks for Your patience :)
Best Regards
I AM MAGNETO ... MASTER of MAGNETISM :-)!

!STiTCH!

Re: MIDI/USB Controllers ... Please a suggestion ...

Post by !STiTCH! » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:06 pm

The APC40 in conjuction with Hanz Petrovs remote script and ClyphX could accomplish what you are looking to do. Bear in mind, I am what you would call a "nuthugger" for this set up, but it is so flexible you can do anything - ie With ClyphX you can store settings for scenes/tracks/etc.

remotescripts.blogspot.com

and search here for ClyphX.

MAGNETO_66

Post by MAGNETO_66 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:29 pm

Thank You :) You've been very nice ... i watched some videos about all the stuff You mentioned and i really found it very interesting! However, i just think it's not for me ... So i guess i'd go to the couple BCR2000/BCF2000 plus Launchpad (this one only for clips and scenes)... I'm working as a System Programmer (while i'm waiting for fame and mony from my music :D :roll:) and frankly i don't want messing with code even when i'm trying to be a musician ... Hardware solutions are always preferable, IMHO... AntWay, Thank You once more ... Best Regards
M.
!STiTCH! wrote:The APC40 in conjuction with Hanz Petrovs remote script and ClyphX could accomplish what you are looking to do. Bear in mind, I am what you would call a "nuthugger" for this set up, but it is so flexible you can do anything - ie With ClyphX you can store settings for scenes/tracks/etc.

remotescripts.blogspot.com

and search here for ClyphX.
I AM MAGNETO ... MASTER of MAGNETISM :-)!

Dalski

Post by Dalski » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:42 pm

How about an iPad running TouchAble? I've not tried it so I am not fully aware of its limitations (other than the obvious no physical knobs and faders) but it looks quite flexible and powerful.