Just picked up RetroSynth for $15!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bobseekone

Just picked up RetroSynth for $15!

Post by bobseekone » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Downloading it now, still wondering how it sounds, but got it at great price at AudioMidi this week

http://www.audiomidi.com/Puremagnetik-R ... 15564.aspx

twisted-space

Re: Just picked up RetroSynth for $15!

Post by twisted-space » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:30 pm

It's they, not it.

Includes the following Puremagnetik Micropaks:

•Analog Bass Volume 1, an impressive selection of over 50 multi-sampled programs direct from classics such as the Minimoog, Roland TB-303, ARP 2600 and the Doepfer Modular.
•Analog Bass Volume 2, a complete bass soundset focusing entirely on the classic Korg MS20 synthesizer.
•P-50 Linear, an elaborate collection of racks inspired by the legendary Roland D50.
•Phazeform Volume 1, a captivating library based on Casio's Phase Distortion technology of the CZ-1.
•String Machines, with more than 250 MB of lush sounds recorded directly from the string synths of the 1970s.
•TeeBee, based on the Roland TB-303, includes heavy acid bass lines, squelchy resonant leads and thick analog sounds.
•Vector, which instantly turns Ableton Live into a full-blown production workstation that includes a huge library of wave sequences, attack transients and vector morphing.
•Vintage 80s Classics, a stunning collection of lush 1980s synth sounds captured directly from an Oberheim Matrix 6.
•Newly added: Waveframe, based on the Ensoniq Fizmo, provides complex, evolving sounds from this classic wavetable synthesizer.

They mostly sound pretty ok.

sanfoin

Post by sanfoin » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:16 pm

bobseekone wrote:Downloading it now, still wondering how it sounds, but got it at great price at AudioMidi this week

got it too, downloading it now . . . . . . .

@ 1.5 GB of content it takes a little while

channelite

Post by channelite » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:42 pm

Normally $79..

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:34 pm

got it. cant say no for 15 bucks..

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:40 am

I've always really wanted to love Pure Magnetik stuff but sadly I just don't...it always sounds "kinda good." But maybe that's just me.

-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

sanfoin

Post by sanfoin » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:01 pm

i just went through the presets on this collection -- a few hundred of them -- and some are pretty good. not all great, of course -- i selected around 1 in 10 for future use. that's still quite a few though . . .

but even if i only came away with 5 usable synths, it would still be a great deal.

i would recommend this audiomidi no-brainer to anyone who's looking for new sounds -- and it's only available for users of ableton live. it's obvious that puremagnetik put alot of work into this bundle. for $15 you really can't lose.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:44 pm

Hey, that's a great deal..even for the waveforms collection only.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

bobseekone

Post by bobseekone » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:24 pm

Anyone found the "Library of Partials" for the P-50 mentioned in the video (approx 1:30 in) at:
http://www.ableton.com/puremagnetik

I've been looking for them, but so far haven't found them. It looks like the Library structure is a bit different from the movie to the Micropack.

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:34 am

sanfoin wrote:i just went through the presets on this collection -- a few hundred of them -- and some are pretty good. not all great, of course -- i selected around 1 in 10 for future use. that's still quite a few though . . .
thats my plan too. . just wish i had the time!!

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:57 am

bobseekone wrote:Anyone found the "Library of Partials" for the P-50 mentioned in the video (approx 1:30 in) at:
http://www.ableton.com/puremagnetik

I've been looking for them, but so far haven't found them. It looks like the Library structure is a bit different from the movie to the Micropack.
hmm - couldnt find the partials. all the waveforms are in the library (under samples/puremagnetik samples/P-50 linear). are these much different from the partials?

fragmentated

Post by fragmentated » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:50 pm

I used to have the original live pack. If I remember the partials would be under Simpler>Puremanteic folder - not under the instrument racks folder.You should not have the browse the actual wave library. The should be saved as presets for Simpler.

I don't have it installed anymore but can pull out the disc and reinstall it to check for sure if you would like.

On a side note, I was looking at this too cause I stopped my PM subscription a while ago, does the Retro Synths pack purchased from audiomidi come with a serial and need to be authorized?

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:35 pm

fragmentated wrote: On a side note, I was looking at this too cause I stopped my PM subscription a while ago, does the Retro Synths pack purchased from audiomidi come with a serial and need to be authorized?
yup

bobseekone

Post by bobseekone » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:50 pm

fragmentated wrote:I used to have the original live pack. If I remember the partials would be under Simpler>Puremanteic folder - not under the instrument racks folder.You should not have the browse the actual wave library. The should be saved as presets for Simpler.

I don't have it installed anymore but can pull out the disc and reinstall it to check for sure if you would like.

On a side note, I was looking at this too cause I stopped my PM subscription a while ago, does the Retro Synths pack purchased from audiomidi come with a serial and need to be authorized?
Thanks for the idea, but I didn't find anything under Simpler.

There is a folder:
Instrument Rack/Puremagnetik/Puremagnetik Retro Synths/P-50 Linear

and also:
Instrument Rack/Puremagnetik/Puremagnetik Retro Synths/P-50 Linear/Structures

and the Waveforms are stored in:
Samples/Puremagnetik Samples/P-50 Linear

but I can't find any Partials anywhere.

fragmentated

Post by fragmentated » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:45 pm

bobseekone wrote:
fragmentated wrote:I used to have the original live pack. If I remember the partials would be under Simpler>Puremanteic folder - not under the instrument racks folder.You should not have the browse the actual wave library. The should be saved as presets for Simpler.

Thanks for the idea, but I didn't find anything under Simpler.

There is a folder:
Instrument Rack/Puremagnetik/Puremagnetik Retro Synths/P-50 Linear

and also:
Instrument Rack/Puremagnetik/Puremagnetik Retro Synths/P-50 Linear/Structures

and the Waveforms are stored in:
Samples/Puremagnetik Samples/P-50 Linear

but I can't find any Partials anywhere.
Ok. I pulled out the disc and installed. The folder structure for the original release goes:

Instrument Rack/Puremagnetik/P-50 Linear

in the P-50 folder there are 3 sub-folders :
-Sampler Programs
-Structures (for Sampler)
-Structures (for Simpler)

in each of the 2 structure folders there are adg's but there is also a Partials folder with the partials you were referring to.

The new release might have changed the way it was done. This micro pack was one of the earlier releases for Live 6 if I remember correctly. Maybe you could send them an email over at the PM website and ask about it.

Hope that helps.