Just picked up RetroSynth for $15!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bobseekone

Re: Just picked up RetroSynth for $15!

Post by bobseekone » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:21 am

fragmentated wrote: The new release might have changed the way it was done. This micro pack was one of the earlier releases for Live 6 if I remember correctly. Maybe you could send them an email over at the PM website and ask about it.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for looking into this fragmentated. As least I now know where things should be (or used to be.) The structure of things must have changed, and I have sent a message to PM. If I hear anything, I'll repost it here.

Much appreciated!

micah frank

Post by micah frank » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:32 am

Hello!

Indeed Retro Synths does not include the partials library. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I will investigate. In the meantime I have put up a temp download for the partial folder with its .adv files. You will need to manually relink the samples.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/538153/Puremagn ... rtials.zip

Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience. I hope to have it resolved soon.

over & out,

micah

fragmentated

Post by fragmentated » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:05 am

Thanks for chiming in Micah. I went ahead and bout the Retro Pack to grab the two live packs I was missing. I also found something else not right with Vector. In the Vector/Components there is only one folder - Wave Sequences. The original release had three folder - Attacks, Wave Sequences, and Waves. Just thought you should know if you are going to fix up the P-50 one you might want to also fix the Vector one too.

A question about the samples not being linked anymore. Since they are all in the same folder as they were, why do they need to be relinked? Is it due to the samples being copy protected and as a result can't be referenced because it sees them as new samples? Just wondering. A bit of a pain going through and relinking/saving everything.

Cheers.

micah frank

Post by micah frank » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:41 am

Hmmm... I'll look into Vector too. Retro Synths was built at Abe HQ so I'll see what exactly happened there with the subfolders. As for the samples - the Retro Synths samples folder is different than the Puremagnetik distribution. So yes, you will need to relink. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

bobseekone

Post by bobseekone » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:59 am

micah frank wrote:Hmmm... I'll look into Vector too. Retro Synths was built at Abe HQ so I'll see what exactly happened there with the subfolders. As for the samples - the Retro Synths samples folder is different than the Puremagnetik distribution. So yes, you will need to relink. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Thanks for the dropbox file. Unfortunately, automatic re-linking is not possible because the .adv files contained in it reference samples as .wav files, but my library (at least for OSX) has .aif files in the RetroSynth collection. The search doesn't find any candidate samples, so it means going thru each sample one by one. I guess I'll wait to see how this gets sorted out.