Ableton.Suite.v8.2.1.MAC.OSX.INTEL.ISO-ArCADE

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
xzusa8ky
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:48 pm
Location: Vienna

Ableton.Suite.v8.2.1.MAC.OSX.INTEL.ISO-ArCADE

Post by xzusa8ky » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:06 am

Hi....

Just wondering if anyone on this board are using one of the "K" versions flooding around the net theese days? What i heard is that it is working without any problems. I feel like a idiot have been paying 1000 euros for something others just use for free. But maybe i should consider to upgrade to the Live Suite for free....Hmmmmmm :lol:
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

ze2be
Posts: 3455
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:17 am
Location: Mos Eisley

Re: Ableton.Suite.v8.2.1.MAC.OSX.INTEL.ISO-ArCADE

Post by ze2be » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:32 am

Is this whats called an attention crack whore? :(
? ? ? ? ?

lapieuvre
Posts: 711
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:29 pm

Re: Ableton.Suite.v8.2.1.MAC.OSX.INTEL.ISO-ArCADE

Post by lapieuvre » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 am

:evil:
Mac OSX 10.13.6
Live 9.7.6 Suite
Live 10.1.2 Suite
Soundcards : FF800, Apollo Twin duo

gosinisha
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:24 pm
Location: on the rolling mill

Re: Ableton.Suite.v8.2.1.MAC.OSX.INTEL.ISO-ArCADE

Post by gosinisha » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:49 am

remember, my boy... that it can happen to you that all projects you did on a crack version one day you might not open ever again cause they might be corrupted or something else (oops?!). anybody serious at his audiowork does not buy a pc for 200eur and uses cracked software to make serious audio...
thinkpadT520/win7.64/studioONE2/firefaceUC/akaiMPKmini/VSTinstruments/sampleCDs

twisted-space
Posts: 1250
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: UK Midlands

Re: Ableton.Suite.v8.2.1.MAC.OSX.INTEL.ISO-ArCADE

Post by twisted-space » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:00 pm

xzusa8ky wrote: I feel like a idiot

There's probably a good reason for that.

xzusa8ky
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:48 pm
Location: Vienna

Re: Ableton.Suite.v8.2.1.MAC.OSX.INTEL.ISO-ArCADE

Post by xzusa8ky » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:25 pm

twisted-space wrote:
xzusa8ky wrote: I feel like a idiot

There's probably a good reason for that.
I have my legit copy of Live so i guess i can feel like an idiot if i want, i did actually pay for having the right to have that feeling! :lol:
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

xzusa8ky
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:48 pm
Location: Vienna

Re: Ableton.Suite.v8.2.1.MAC.OSX.INTEL.ISO-ArCADE

Post by xzusa8ky » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:39 pm

gosinisha wrote:remember, my boy... that it can happen to you that all projects you did on a crack version one day you might not open ever again cause they might be corrupted or something else (oops?!). anybody serious at his audiowork does not buy a pc for 200eur and uses cracked software to make serious audio...
"My Boy"? How old are you? I am 43 "boy" so calm down.... 8)

And to your post; I know enough people buying cheap PCs for music making. On this board you will find alot of people using Hackintosh on cheap PCs thats for sure! and thats a crack too! What i find funny is that you are looking away instead of open your eyes to the fact that tons of people are using craked software and craked daws these days. I am not saying its good, but it is a fact. I am only been realistic, and i think that it would be nice to hear why people actually are using a craked software instead of buying it, wheres the problem?

Regards 8)

Can I Edit? Yes You Can!
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

Nokatus
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:06 am

Re: Ableton.Suite.v8.2.1.MAC.OSX.INTEL.ISO-ArCADE

Post by Nokatus » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:40 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:I am only been realistic, and i think that it would be nice to hear why people actually are using a craked software instead of buying it, wheres the problem?
A big part of the problem has been demonstrated in this thread already. It's the attitude that one should somehow feel bad or "feel like an idiot" when paying for something that is also available illegally. At 43, you should know better.

xzusa8ky
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:48 pm
Location: Vienna

Re: Ableton.Suite.v8.2.1.MAC.OSX.INTEL.ISO-ArCADE

Post by xzusa8ky » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:08 pm

Nokatus wrote:
xzusa8ky wrote:I am only been realistic, and i think that it would be nice to hear why people actually are using a craked software instead of buying it, wheres the problem?
A big part of the problem has been demonstrated in this thread already. It's the attitude that one should somehow feel bad or "feel like an idiot" when paying for something that is also available illegally. At 43, you should know better.
I do know better, but it still doesent change the situation and facts....... :lol:
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

ze2be
Posts: 3455
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:17 am
Location: Mos Eisley

Re: Ableton.Suite.v8.2.1.MAC.OSX.INTEL.ISO-ArCADE

Post by ze2be » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:11 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:"My Boy"? How old are you? I am 43 "boy" so calm down....
Well, you certainly behave like a child. Even if you are joking, this behavior is concidered rude in any society. You are on Abletons property. Show some respect, thats all. I dont really care if you use some wares in private. You just dont enter a shop and start braging about what you have copied of them.

Even though we cant see each others faces, this is still a public place where normal law applies.
I have been pulled into court by the police for a private party promotion. Beliving my own web page was private, I didnt hide anything. Aperently it wasnt, and I got punished. Just a little food for thought to all you reading this.
? ? ? ? ?

rikhyray
Posts: 3644
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Ableton.Suite.v8.2.1.MAC.OSX.INTEL.ISO-ArCADE

Post by rikhyray » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:44 pm

ze2be wrote:.
I have been pulled into court by the police for a private party promotion. Beliving my own web page was private, I didnt hide anything. Aperently it wasnt, and I got punished. Just a little food for thought to all you reading this.
Finally some interesting stuff of this dying forum. Pics, details, links please! Come on, let us see that "food for thought to all you reading this"

swishniak
Posts: 1132
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:25 am
Location: Berlin

Re: Ableton.Suite.v8.2.1.MAC.OSX.INTEL.ISO-ArCADE

Post by swishniak » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:56 pm

ze2be wrote:... Beliving my own web page was private, I didnt hide anything. Aperently it wasnt, and I got punished. Just a little food for thought to all you reading this.
wow, intellectual property / copyright arguments get weird fast!

edit: there have been a few of these threads in the past. the general response seems to be: if you use ableton (and make money with it) pay for it; support the company, they are small and cool , etc. etc.

i generally agree (and support them). but i think its still an interesting discussion; or strange that people DONT talk about how much cracked software is being used out there.. and how it gets cracked / cracks as a form of promotion etc. .

ze2be
Posts: 3455
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:17 am
Location: Mos Eisley

Re: Ableton.Suite.v8.2.1.MAC.OSX.INTEL.ISO-ArCADE

Post by ze2be » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Discussions about it is good. Maybe just not the right place here, on Abletons forum? :)
? ? ? ? ?

xzusa8ky
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:48 pm
Location: Vienna

Re: Ableton.Suite.v8.2.1.MAC.OSX.INTEL.ISO-ArCADE

Post by xzusa8ky » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:18 pm

swishniak wrote:
ze2be wrote:... Beliving my own web page was private, I didnt hide anything. Aperently it wasnt, and I got punished. Just a little food for thought to all you reading this.
wow, intellectual property / copyright arguments get weird fast!

edit: there have been a few of these threads in the past. the general response seems to be: if you use ableton (and make money with it) pay for it; support the company, they are small and cool , etc. etc.

i generally agree (and support them). but i think its still an interesting discussion; or strange that people DONT talk about how much cracked software is being used out there.. and how it gets cracked / cracks as a form of promotion etc. .
+5 8)
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

xzusa8ky
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:48 pm
Location: Vienna

Re: Ableton.Suite.v8.2.1.MAC.OSX.INTEL.ISO-ArCADE

Post by xzusa8ky » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:29 pm

ze2be wrote:Discussions about it is good. Maybe just not the right place here, on Abletons forum? :)
Wrong! Only when we bring some facts on the table people start thinking about the problem. Looking away dont solve problems from where i come! This must be on the Ableton Forum as it is Ableton Live in this example. It maybe hurt some people to get faced with the facts, but maybe some people starts to understand that it is a problem for small companys, and maybe they start to look at craked software in another way. Maybe a longer demo period would help against cracked software?. :wink:
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

Post Reply