Ableton.Suite.v8.2.1.MAC.OSX.INTEL.ISO-ArCADE

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
xzusa8ky

Re: Ableton.Suite.v8.2.1.MAC.OSX.INTEL.ISO-ArCADE

Post by xzusa8ky » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:57 pm

cabletone wrote:Doesn't matter if OP doesnt use cracks; even TALKING about k's should be not permitted and this thread should be deleted. It does not do any good for ableton and the paying userbase. This is common sense.
Are you Gaddaffi? 8O
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:59 pm

The Carpet Cleaner wrote:
xzusa8ky wrote:
The Carpet Cleaner wrote:If you feel like using cracked versions, then do it we're not your parents, but don't come here to tell us, that's simply retarded. :|
Read the post before accusing me being a Pirate! :lol:
I didn't say you're a pirate. Just that if you're so poor that you can't afford to buy your DAW, then sell it back and crack it and do your life. What do you want from us, to tell you if it's good or bad? the answer is 'it's bad', and you're a bad boy :mrgreen:
.......and you cant read! :lol:
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:03 pm

ze2be wrote:
xzusa8ky wrote:@hoffmann2k

....Still playing the Board Sheriff?............... :lol:
Says the one who brings a knife to a gun fight. :P
I would never bring a knife! I would bring a legit copy of Live to fight! Hopes it doesent crack! Hmmm sorry! I hope it doesent Crash! Yes! :lol:

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Piplodocus wrote:WTF is all this "you should pay for it if you make money out of the software" BS?

Music's cost me FAR more over the years than I ever made out of it! Does that mean I should have stolen my 5 grand guitar rig? My MacBook? Never made sod all out of them.

If everyone who used ableton any reasonable amount had paid for it we'd probably be on a bug free Live 12 by now, which would be so advanced it would even wash your socks!

Anyway, I'm off to mug an old lady. Don't worry, I'll tell her she's old so doesn't need the long term financial stability I do whilst I knock her to the floor. ;)
the problem that everyone has is that physical items can never be compared with digital items, because a digital item only has one originigal, the rest is simply just copy/paste. as i've said again, i neither condone or condemn software piracy but to compare it with a burglar breaking into a house to steal physical items is simply stupid, not to mention irrelevant.

as for whether the law see things differently or not, the law itself should really be questioned.
you are likely to get a higher sentence if you download the latest britney spears album then if you were to break in to walmart, and steal it at gunpoint.
here in my country we have had people comitting rape crimes and things like stabbing people that get off easier then a kid that downloads two albums.

the whole thing is just a farce, really.

oberflaechlich

Post by oberflaechlich » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:29 am

go for it, just know you're helping short someone's paycheck. what's your job might i ask? thousands of companies "overcharge" for products and services...mcdonalds, visa, gucci, coca cola, dunkin donuts. everything you buy has some small to extremely large profit margin. its generally how modern commerce works. but whining about margins isn't what this forum is about. do that on the handelsblatt forum. would i email coke and tell them to reduce their prices or else i'll just steal colas because i think theres too much profit in the price. never. thats way too ^untworthy.

gusc

Post by gusc » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:32 am

I have something to say... :)

First of all, I think bringing this kind of information up on Ableton's own forum is healthy for Abes them selves. I for one know that if you have your child project, you can't always see the darkness glooming over it. Be it bugs or be it piracy, you name it. It really helps the company to open their eyes on issues which are actually hidden from them selves. For example, do you think guys in the Ableton HQ are allowed to use Torrents or whatever file-sharing system? I don't think so, so they might not even know about which is the latest pirated version on the net. This is what I call corporate-blindness. So I completely agree here, that this information should be published in front of the intellectual property owners. Even better, Ableton could make some site, where everyone could anonymously post links to sharing sites where the pirated copies are distributed.

And then there is my story of software piracy. Yes I've done it. And here is how and why? My passion for music production started when I was still in high school (I was 16 or 17), I started out with some stupid software called Magix Music Maker, which was really plain and simple non-linear audio editor with no FX, just audio tracks, panning and volume adjustments. Then came Reason, and as it is with Propellerheads software, it's demo version had time limit (I think it was 60 minutes, without option to save). By that time I was a student with no money at all, I din't have a job, I didn't even have an internet connection, so I went to this black market and bought a CD with Reason for $1 or so (Yay, for year 1999!). Finally I had this great opportunity to learn production, write down my ideas, or Just jam in my bedroom. So the time passed by, came Reason 2, and later came Reason 3. By that time I had finally found a job, the salary was a joke, it was something like 100EUR a month, and thank god I was still living with my parents. :) So I saved some money and I bought Reason 3, just to support the guys who made it (I later even bought an upgrade to Reason 4), but still I was just a hobbyist musician, making music only to express my feelings as much as I could through music, and never even showed my tracks to anybody else than my best friends or girlfriend. Then came Ableton. I never even had a chance to pirate a copy of that software, because I got this LE version of Live 5 with my M-Audio Axiom keyboard. By that time some of my friends, who were also into making some beats and music, had already tried it out, and said that that is da-bomb. So I played around with this LE version for a month or so and decided to upgrade to "regular" Live version (I think version 6 or 7), which I later upgraded to Suite 8 and now I'm living happily ever after :) So the morale of my story, I think, is that there will always be some poor little bastards who will be forced to pirate the software, mostly because music is just their hobby, they do not make any money (of it, or at all), or they do not have enough money to buy this expensive software. And I'm not saying that the prices should be cut, I'm saying that there might be people out there to whom these prices are a sum of a year-long salary, which is something even "globalization" can not avoid.

So there you have it.
MacBook Pro Retina 13"
Core i5 2.8 GHz
16GB RAM
M-Audio Axiom 61
Novation Launchpad
Novation Remote 25SL MkII
Echo Audiofire 4
OS X Yosemite, Ableton Suite 9, Propellerheads Reason 4

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:51 pm

gusc wrote:I have something to say... :)

First of all, I think bringing this kind of information up on Ableton's own forum is healthy for Abes them selves. I for one know that if you have your child project, you can't always see the darkness glooming over it. Be it bugs or be it piracy, you name it. It really helps the company to open their eyes on issues which are actually hidden from them selves. For example, do you think guys in the Ableton HQ are allowed to use Torrents or whatever file-sharing system? I don't think so, so they might not even know about which is the latest pirated version on the net. This is what I call corporate-blindness. So I completely agree here, that this information should be published in front of the intellectual property owners. Even better, Ableton could make some site, where everyone could anonymously post links to sharing sites where the pirated copies are distributed.

And then there is my story of software piracy. Yes I've done it. And here is how and why? My passion for music production started when I was still in high school (I was 16 or 17), I started out with some stupid software called Magix Music Maker, which was really plain and simple non-linear audio editor with no FX, just audio tracks, panning and volume adjustments. Then came Reason, and as it is with Propellerheads software, it's demo version had time limit (I think it was 60 minutes, without option to save). By that time I was a student with no money at all, I din't have a job, I didn't even have an internet connection, so I went to this black market and bought a CD with Reason for $1 or so (Yay, for year 1999!). Finally I had this great opportunity to learn production, write down my ideas, or Just jam in my bedroom. So the time passed by, came Reason 2, and later came Reason 3. By that time I had finally found a job, the salary was a joke, it was something like 100EUR a month, and thank god I was still living with my parents. :) So I saved some money and I bought Reason 3, just to support the guys who made it (I later even bought an upgrade to Reason 4), but still I was just a hobbyist musician, making music only to express my feelings as much as I could through music, and never even showed my tracks to anybody else than my best friends or girlfriend. Then came Ableton. I never even had a chance to pirate a copy of that software, because I got this LE version of Live 5 with my M-Audio Axiom keyboard. By that time some of my friends, who were also into making some beats and music, had already tried it out, and said that that is da-bomb. So I played around with this LE version for a month or so and decided to upgrade to "regular" Live version (I think version 6 or 7), which I later upgraded to Suite 8 and now I'm living happily ever after :) So the morale of my story, I think, is that there will always be some poor little bastards who will be forced to pirate the software, mostly because music is just their hobby, they do not make any money (of it, or at all), or they do not have enough money to buy this expensive software. And I'm not saying that the prices should be cut, I'm saying that there might be people out there to whom these prices are a sum of a year-long salary, which is something even "globalization" can not avoid.

So there you have it.
Dear Gusc!

Thank you very much for bringing a true story without blindness and double moral! This is a thema which should NOT be ignored in year 2011 even if some people rather are looking away even if they are claiming to be supporting Ableton in the first place. Only people who are not affraid to stand up will be able to change things even if others fight against them! People who are looking away are supporting all the bad things that happens around them and thats a dangerous trend and should not be supported. Lets face the reality, and help Ableton to create new revolutionary concepts that maybe one day will be the tool against people using live for free. Only critical and openminded users will bring Live to the next level where dreams will and can come true........... :D

Can I Edit? Yes You Can!