Am I confused?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
coldbuggin

Am I confused?

Post by coldbuggin » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:39 pm

Aren't you supposed to put your own tracks and productions in "Link Your Music" and not in "Music and Audio Production"?

Rabalder

Re: Am I confused?

Post by Rabalder » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:56 pm

You, me and everyone else. Except some "special" people of course..

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:19 pm

If you don't want anybody to actually listen to your music then, yeah, post it in Link Your Music.

Bizon

Post by Bizon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:19 pm

beats me wrote:If you don't want anybody to actually listen to your music then, yeah, post it in Link Your Music.
I agree, I don't look there. However, if someone posts it here I may listen. I realize I am adding to the problem but I seriously do not have the time to be browsing all the sublayers of this forum. "Music and Audio Production" seems to be the most relevent and active.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:26 pm

If Ableton is not going to enforce that, they should just delete that forum, it's getting pretty bad lately.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:29 pm

why not just ask the moderator to move the thread?

why make a new thread to whine about the other thread instead of whining in the thread with the music link? you're just making more noise to complain about noise.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

coldbuggin

Post by coldbuggin » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:22 pm

Tone Deft wrote:why not just ask the moderator to move the thread?

why make a new thread to whine about the other thread instead of whining in the thread with the music link? you're just making more noise to complain about noise.
I am not whining at all. I would not want to post in a thread that someone has dedicated to their music because I don't want to detract from their music.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:28 pm

:lol: just read your login. :wink:

many of us have had the same thoughts and this has been pointed out before.

sending a note to the moderator would probably be the move, or just ignore it or even better, tell the person to not post their music here. a more pro-active approach.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:41 pm

The very rare time I post something and want it to get some attension for some specific reason, I post to music area and might stick a note in here or lounge referring to the music sub-forum post.

TBH - I so rarely look over the music sub forum unless someone highlights it from here or lounge and even then, has to be someone whose music I know allready, or at least a forum regular, or endorsed by a regular - so too lazy to wade through one minimal bleep fest after another.

I only count posting a note about it in here as acceptable if there is some special reason that you *need* the attension - for example remix comp entry to vote for if you like it etc, or perhapas you have acheive some noteworthy sucess or the like - ie something special. But if folks post about random new tracks in here for no reason - tend to ignore or make sarcastic remarks etc.

Perhaps genre specific music subforums (electro, minimal & bleepy shit, other house (deep/funky/proggressive etc - ie musical) & detroit techo (also often musical), psi-trance other techo and hands-up hardcore etc (anotehr section half of use probably want to skip), other trance and acid rave, r&b/rap/hip-hop and similar, rock/pop/soul/jazz/accoutic for eg - ie real instruments) would get more attension to make it easy to skip the bleep fests (notice that I single out the two huge me-too and bleep fest stuff from the other more musical stuff hich often goes together ;))
Nothing to see here - move along!

coldbuggin

Post by coldbuggin » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:45 pm

Tone Deft wrote::lol: just read your login. :wink:

sending a note to the moderator would probably be the move, or just ignore it or even better, tell the person to not post their music here. a more pro-active approach.
if you have had the same thoughts, why didn't you just write me personally to tell me to stop posting here or write to a moderator so they could tell me instead

coldbuggin

Post by coldbuggin » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:48 pm

Khazul wrote:The very rare time I post something and want it to get some attension for some specific reason, I post to music area and might stick a note in here or lounge referring to the music sub-forum post.

TBH - I so rarely look over the music sub forum unless someone highlights it from here or lounge and even then, has to be someone whose music I know allready, or at least a forum regular, or endorsed by a regular - so too lazy to wade through one minimal bleep fest after another.

I only count posting a note about it in here as acceptable if there is some special reason that you *need* the attension - for example remix comp entry to vote for if you like it etc, or perhapas you have acheive some noteworthy sucess or the like - ie something special. But if folks post about random new tracks in here for no reason - tend to ignore or make sarcastic remarks etc.

Perhaps genre specific music subforums (electro, minimal & bleepy shit, other house (deep/funky/proggressive etc - ie musical) & detroit techo (also often musical), psi-trance other techo and hands-up hardcore etc (anotehr section half of use probably want to skip), other trance and acid rave, r&b/rap/hip-hop and similar, rock/pop/soul/jazz/accoutic for eg - ie real instruments) would get more attension to make it easy to skip the bleep fests (notice that I single out the two huge me-too and bleep fest stuff from the other more musical stuff hich often goes together ;))
I hear you and it makes sense, maybe there's just too many subforums. I only look @ this one and the max one.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:56 pm

coldbuggin wrote:

if you have had the same thoughts, why didn't you just write me personally to tell me to stop posting here or write to a moderator so they could tell me instead
it happens all the time and it's really not a big deal at all. even this is just pointless chit-chat.

buggin out buggin out buggin out buggin out buggin out buggin out buggin out buggin out you're buggin out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Ej8Te_35g
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

coldbuggin

Post by coldbuggin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:06 am

Tone Deft wrote:
coldbuggin wrote:

it happens all the time and it's really not a big deal at all. even this is just pointless chit-chat.

buggin out buggin out buggin out buggin out buggin out buggin out buggin out buggin out you're buggin out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Ej8Te_35g
i'm not interested in pointless chit chat, that's awesome you've heard of tribe called quest.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:19 am

/facepalm
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz