Xone 4D / Ableton Config issue

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Moondahka

Xone 4D / Ableton Config issue

Post by Moondahka » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:48 pm

According to Xone 4D user guide (on page 15) the next step after turning on the Xone 4D, and launching Ableton (Ableton Intro in this case) is to enter the Preferences window, and select the Audio tab, change the driver type to AISO, and set the Audio Device to Xone:4D USB ASIO driver.

When I select the audio tab the only two Drive type options listed to choose from are:
No Audio, and
Core Audio

The option of ASIO does not appear for selection as required in the Ableton set up procedure outlined in the Xone 4D user guide.

Thanks for any help I can get to figure out both why ASIO does not appear as a Driver Type on the pull down menu, and is there a fix for this, or a way to work around it?

All software for Xone 4D, as well as Ableton Intro are newest versions as of today, and I'm using a Macbook Pro 15'' with the 10.6.6 operating system quad core i7 processor.

Moondahka

Re: Xone 4D / Ableton Config issue

Post by Moondahka » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:37 am

bump.

cypher

Re: Xone 4D / Ableton Config issue

Post by cypher » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:01 am

Ive just checked .......... you must be looking at the pc page of instructions

Core audio is for macs .......... AISO is for pcs
Mac Pro, 8 core, 3.2ghz, 3TB internal HDs, 16gb RAM, Rollin' with Vinyl, Traktor Scratch Pro and coded vinyls, a Xone 4D and of course Ableton Live 5.2.2, and all music etc backed up regular !!!!!!!!! word. Also a max'd up to the limit Macbook Pro