New tune done entirely in Live 4

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
udp

Post by udp » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:11 pm

Thanks for all the imput and feedback. I agree it needs dynamics. You'd think a guy who's classically trained whould automatically add dynamics...guess I haven't quite decided on them yet. Funny thing is I just hear them in my head when I write classical stuff, you know they just are part of the piece. Maybe part of my workflow needs to change when I write electronic stuff. That and I obsessed with learning the production end of this business, maybe to my disadvantage. :?
OS X.5 MacBook Core 2Duo 2.2ghz, 2Gig RAM Mackie Onyx 400F m-audio BX8's, Oxygen 8, Zoom H-4, Alesis Masterlink, Bitstream 3x
http://www.udpmusic.com

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:16 pm

kennerb wrote:
rsagevik wrote:Liked it. Got a bit of a BOC feeling.

Yeah I agree. You'd be wearing gold diapers if you would add more cowbell. (couldn't resist the Christopher Walkin BOC Cowbell line) :) It sounded pretty good. I wanted to hear more dynamics in the mix too, pads fading and coming back up and such but a good go!
I laughed my ass of with that sketch. You know it's good when the actors cant keep a straight face :) :? :lol: :oops:

rasputin

You know you're old when:

Post by rasputin » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:41 pm

feindbild wrote:
udp wrote:uh-oh, I don't know Who BOC is.
really?
udp wrote:So I'm shaving this morning, thinking and humming along to my favorite Boards of Canada disk
:)
Heh. It probably badly gives my age away to tell that when I see BOC I always immediately think "Blue Oyster Cult."