Prime Loops are amazings

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
3phase

Re: Prime Loops are amazings

Post by 3phase » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:20 pm

scutheotaku wrote:
3phase wrote:
jamief wrote:Andy Warhol. One of the biggest visual samplers in the art World. Er cough cough !

warhol did his own samples and havent bought them from somebody else..

come on lamers. you really cant sell the use of prerecorded loops as an creative act..

its a croach for your missing skills and you know that
Yeah, like I said - if you're just using straight loops and that's your track, then I agree. But still, there are creative ways to use loops, AND using one or two loops as a background point (like a shaker loop or something) does not make the entire song "uncreative"

nobody would damn you for a little percussion loop in the background.. but there are many loops out there that give the complete feeling of a track and you just have to arrange the loops.. the magix music maker is famous for that.. or garage band... i would say the users of premade sample loops know damn well where the musical idea in their "track" comes from... when it just would be elements one can remove without damaging the song they wouldnt defend the loop libs so much...

but also the use of percussion loops.. why you dont make your own one? dont sounds drinving enough than?

so you allready cheat on the groove design by using beat loops.. the beat dont makes a track? depends on the genre..

on a pop ballad one hardly can argue that the beat is not very originial ..its just not important..

however if you would get signed with theese ballad the first thing the producer would do is to order a real drummer and rerecord the stuff.
especially in genres where the drums are not the main attraction its the first thing they do..while in the electronic dance styles you can use generic drumloops loops to have a good production?
not really...
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:06 pm

Personally, I don't feel right using loops. I do have some loops, but when I use them (usually as part of a small break or something) I chop the fuck out of them and usually pitch them to the key of my project. Even when I msample off a record I fuck it up beyond recognition. Honestly anyone can get a cracked copy of live and every sample pack on earth w/ torrents and "produce" an entire record, but I agree w/ posters above. It will sound dull and un-original and you'll look like a skill-less, heart-less, soul-less phonie. But if thats what your into. I'm sure you can make $$ off it.
I've been getting reall into synthesis and let me tell you, it is so much more gratifying when you finish a track to know that YOU created and sculpted each and every sound. I know it takes time and effort (god forbid.) But def more gratifying.
Also, Usher is a horrible example. That dude is a multi-millionarre, corporate whore who would probably make a beat and a bassline out of tattered rags he stole from starving children in Africa.
he just played a million dollar show for Muammar el-Qaddafi. If ya don't know who that is, google it.

jimmynitcher

Post by jimmynitcher » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:56 pm

3phase thank you for your help regarding all things creative, with your guidance I believe I can do it.

Just to be clear, if I ' re-synthesised' a sample CD - i.e. Painstakingly copied it with a ten piece band and added a patina of, say white noise ? and then embarked on a worldwide concert tour could I then be said to be creative, yes or no ?

q.musgrove

Post by q.musgrove » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:54 pm

Here comes some hot air!

Timbre is the definitive aspect of modern changes in contemporary music as a whole. Not to forsake entirely the foundations of harmony and rhythm... but timbre is still the future. Timbre is the aspect of music we are most sensitive to as far as the noticing of details (how many peoples voices can you remember within seconds over even the shittiest of speakers-telephones?) and most of the changes as of late are simply clumped juxtapositions of different timbres of sound. If you are concerned with being original focus on this and not on loops or no loops, plugins or analog, yadda fucking yadda.

but for the sake of the internet :P

saying that people who write with loops are only pushing buttons... I just don't think so. is that what you'd say about people who play violins but do not make them? the computer can't be everything EVERYTHING! It's just like a virtual environment with still many roles to be discovered for artist and craftsman alike.

End rant
:)

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:57 pm

Look. It's quite simple really. We are all "lame" "bitches" and still make great music.
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

3phase

Post by 3phase » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:30 pm

Rationalizer wrote:Look. It's quite simple really. We are all "lame" "bitches" and still make great music.
great music?
says who? you should´nt belife everything your mother tells you..

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:03 pm

i've got a shit load of old breakbeats on my hd that i sometimes use in my tunes. i'll chop them up to fit then start messing around with them.
sometimes it turns out to be an unlistenable pile of crap and sometimes i come up with something interesting.
now, using those 'construction kit' sample cd's... well i can't see the point. there really is no creativity in that - surely it's just like putting together
a jigsaw, one with straight sides and a simple picture
Sunsetter wrote: Also, Usher is a horrible example. That dude is a multi-millionarre, corporate whore who would probably make a beat and a bassline out of tattered rags he stole from starving children in Africa.
he just played a million dollar show for Muammar el-Qaddafi. If ya don't know who that is, google it.
he played for gaddafi?! what a clueless twat!

that's a great and accurate description of usher, btw.

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:40 pm

macmurphy wrote:i've got a shit load of old breakbeats on my hd that i sometimes use in my tunes. i'll chop them up to fit then start messing around with them.
sometimes it turns out to be an unlistenable pile of crap and sometimes i come up with something interesting.
now, using those 'construction kit' sample cd's... well i can't see the point. there really is no creativity in that - surely it's just like putting together
Sunsetter wrote: Also, Usher is a horrible example. That dude is a multi-millionarre, corporate whore who would probably make a beat and a bassline out of tattered rags he stole from starving children in Africa.
he played for gaddafi?! what a clueless twat!

that's a great and accurate description of usher, btw.
Yep, thats right. Along w/ other slime ball scum whom children look up to, like Beyonce etc.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:11 am

macmurphy wrote:i've got a shit load of old breakbeats on my hd that i sometimes use in my tunes. i'll chop them up to fit then start messing around with them.
exactly..

its actually really bizar... they sell theese loops to spice up your "own" productions with individuality... 8O

http://primeloops.com/loops-samples/pro ... zarre~217/

thats a joke or? theese genre specivic construction kits are actually real genre killers. it´s sick and ugly when this comes together with the internet freedom for any dickhead to act up as a label and crowd the market.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:24 am

:roll:

"As you might already know, and as with all Prime Loops sample pack releases, "Ambient Illusions" is entirely royalty free, so there's no need to worry about sample clearances and licensing fees! Prime Loops' "Ambient Illusions" is a must-have sample pack for any producer from ambient, electronica, IDM, dubstep, neurofunk and liquid funk all the way to psychedelic rock and experimental - So dim the studio lights, get comfortable and lose yourself in the "Ambient Illusions".

3phase

Post by 3phase » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:24 am

scutheotaku wrote:
3phase wrote:
exactly..

its actually really bizar... they sell theese loops to spice up your "own" productions with individuality... 8O

http://primeloops.com/loops-samples/pro ... zarre~217/

thats a joke or? theese genre specivic construction kits are actually real genre killers. it´s sick and ugly when this comes together with the internet freedom for any dickhead to act up as a label and crowd the market.
While I wouldn't call using these types of construction kits creative, I still say that these are useful for:

A. People who want to do it to just have fun and mess around, the type that don't want to do all the technical stuff but want to play around with it.
B. DJs who are looking for filler tracks and loops.
They sell it as royality free for use in own comercial productions.. They dont aim to do demos for beginners..they actually suggest to hit the market with theire loops.
So in reality theese loops are used by all kind of bitches to steal biz from all the real producers, pretend to be a kicking liveset or do any requested jingle in no time..
what eventually will also kill the biz for the professional jingel producers theese products was originally made for..
theire customers might tend to leave it in the future to their ableton loving practicants to do it for low no money..

in any case it is reducing the possibilities for young artitst and lables to make a living out of theire engegement with music at least for some time. And it prevents all the comercial production companys from buying rights or services of original genre artists when you can fake a genre easily with the aid of such products..

anyway..back to work... homefucking is killing prostitution

i guess we are doomed somehow.

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:38 am

ok, I think it would be utterly fun if we all post our track and tell if we used loops or not.

For example, 3phase could link his stunning creative music, loop free, while some others post their boring and annoying formatted loop music.

so people, if you got track with heavy use of sample loops, link it here so we can judge and insult you. I already did it in this thread, just go page 3 I think, I used drum samples, breakbeat style, to spice and give energy.

don't be shy, but I excpet nobody will do it cause it's all talk here hey ! ? :mrgreen:

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:27 am

The Carpet Cleaner wrote:ok, I think it would be utterly fun if we all post our track and tell if we used loops or not.

For example, 3phase could link his stunning creative music, loop free, while some others post their boring and annoying formatted loop music.

so people, if you got track with heavy use of sample loops, link it here so we can judge and insult you. I already did it in this thread, just go page 3 I think, I used drum samples, breakbeat style, to spice and give energy.

don't be shy, but I excpet nobody will do it cause it's all talk here hey ! ? :mrgreen:
there's a couple of chopped and re-arranged breakbeats in this - old kingdom

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:29 am

3phase wrote:
Rationalizer wrote:Look. It's quite simple really. We are all "lame" "bitches" and still make great music.
great music?
says who? you should´nt belife everything your mother tells you..
I try not to. But I believe everything some random dude tells me on the internet. That's why I'm so confused, I guess.
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:29 pm

Brock wrote:
seattletruth wrote:.. its like drawing the Mona Lisa with a coloring book; first of all its not original and second of all it involved no thinking.
+1 :D
Hahaha! Funny :D
However, there are exeptions. What about Gaudi? Hes mossaics was made from ceramics not created by him. He ordered them crushed to pieces, and directed hes crew to put it back together in new shapes. Now thats a cheater for you!! :D

In music, Amon Thobin comes to mind, and dj Shadow, to name a couple. And not to forget the whole collage scene starting with Tape Beatles, People Like Us, and later copied and brickwalled by Prefuse 73, followed and developed further with a combination of samplism and acoustic musicians, by Flying Lotus (did you know he has family ties to John Coltrane)