Prime Loops are amazings

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
3phase

Re: Prime Loops are amazings

Post by 3phase » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:42 pm

jamief wrote:
dredd i knight wrote:1.Andy Warhol http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campbell's_Soup_Cans used a screen printing method; a mechanised process that made REAL PAINTERS accuse him of cheating..tracing the pattern and blocking it out on a silk screen(a process I studied), was not considered art at the time... Same with photography in it's early days.
2. prime loops make construction kits and sample packs, just cos you buy one doesn't mean you can't be creative with it... http://soundsandgear.com/prime-loops-sm ... ry-review/
All this self limiting bs that peeps are spouting is the same thing every artist of the previous generation spouts... Fear of being superceeded by technology is nothing new, it's been happening since the wheel. It's funny to how completely unreasonable it can make us, and how suddenly one can become the arbiter for what one thinks people should be allowed to call art...
Exactly - even Mozart was decried by his peers !

3 Phase seems to think that because you buy a sample cd or pack that you are obliged to use all the parts of that pack on the 1 track and there is no room for using component parts of lots of different sample packs and vsti's and hardware synths into something that does the business.
Box and corner spring to mind

you guys are really jokes.. compare yourself constantly with warhol and mozart but are within the producer ranking really the lowest point we have.. culture vultures

its defently no big or modern art what you are doing or a representation of a new technology..

the guys that make the loops use the technology.. you just get served like fat ugly tourist that try local specialitys and put some ketchup all over it... and than you compare yourself with the michelin star chefs of cuisine..but you are not even cooking..its rather digesting and the output of that process is known.
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

jamief

Post by jamief » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:43 pm

The Leveller wrote:3phase is right.

I've been around this forum for a very long time in a number of different guises and on this topic, 3 phase has always been right.

Its just the Ableton bashing that gets a bit tiring. :wink:
he is the minority and in this case his views are full of inferiority.
there are no rules to this game and music certainly does not need the begings of the thought police telling us what and where and by how we can be artistic.
Not everyone has the time and money and access to equipment to produce very specific sounds or feels. So instead of bringing in programmers or session muscians they now a days buy sample packs and they MAY use 1 or MORE pieces of audio from that pack in their composition. As long as that music works for the artist and more importantly the listener then how that sound is achieved is irrelevant ecept to the highbrowed interpreations of a few snobs with too much time on their hands

So Ball ex 3 phase is now where near broad minded enough to engage with the real concept of some of the artistically and financialand social economic legitimate reasons people use samples

He has backed himself into a corner and is producing absurd arguments on why he is right.

There is no right there is no wrong - its a personal decision that is one of it's beauties - it's conceptual anarchy- no chiefs - no one telling you you cant and you wont. perfect ! Punk in its truest Spirit Common the CLASH !

jamief

Post by jamief » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:46 pm

3phase wrote:
jamief wrote:
dredd i knight wrote:1.Andy Warhol http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campbell's_Soup_Cans used a screen printing method; a mechanised process that made REAL PAINTERS accuse him of cheating..tracing the pattern and blocking it out on a silk screen(a process I studied), was not considered art at the time... Same with photography in it's early days.
2. prime loops make construction kits and sample packs, just cos you buy one doesn't mean you can't be creative with it... http://soundsandgear.com/prime-loops-sm ... ry-review/
All this self limiting bs that peeps are spouting is the same thing every artist of the previous generation spouts... Fear of being superceeded by technology is nothing new, it's been happening since the wheel. It's funny to how completely unreasonable it can make us, and how suddenly one can become the arbiter for what one thinks people should be allowed to call art...
Exactly - even Mozart was decried by his peers !

3 Phase seems to think that because you buy a sample cd or pack that you are obliged to use all the parts of that pack on the 1 track and there is no room for using component parts of lots of different sample packs and vsti's and hardware synths into something that does the business.
Box and corner spring to mind

you guys are really jokes.. compare yourself constantly with warhol and mozart but are within the producer ranking really the lowest point we have.. culture vultures

its defently no big or modern art what you are doing or a representation of a new technology..

the guys that make the loops use the technology.. you just get served like fat ugly tourist that try local specialitys and put some ketchup all over it... and than you compare yourself with the michelin star chefs of cuisine..but you are not even cooking..its rather digesting and the output of that process is known.
What a hyp o T I T ! I,m making club music not spinning the golden fleece you fanbar. We don't have to all be Andy warhols or Mozarts some of us a re quite happy just to play to 5-600 hundred people in nightclubs and at festivals without having to reinvent the wheel.
Chill out

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:03 pm

Everytime 3phrase posts I get a picture in my head of that scene in American Psycho where dude is flexing in the mirror while nailing some chick.

Im not sure why or how that is relevant but figured it was an important addition to the thread.

As far as loops go, I dont see why anyone gives a fuck. The end result is all that matters....and most people overly dependent on loops will not be able to come up with anything that great anyways. If they do, good for them. Arguing about what art is or isnt is laughable, your time would be better spent repeatedly slamming your head into a wall. :lol:

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:06 pm

3phase

Post by 3phase » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:10 pm

jamief wrote:
What a T I T ! I,m making club music not spinning the golden fleece you toss wat. We don't have to all be Andy warhols or Mozarts some of us a re quite happy just to play to 5-600 hundred people in nightclubs and at festivals without having to reinvent the wheel.
Pull that slick out yer a s z
reinventing the wheel? sure..fake artists dont need to do that..it´s all there.. you can copy this beat..and combine it with that hook..and there is a nice string.. and call it your composition...
and than you arrange all that.. know exactly what your computer will play at minute 45 and press the start button.. .. maybe you tweeak a filter a bit or write some emails..who knows..dont matters much because this so called live act is allready less life and original than the dj sets. Normal dj´s dont know which record will be on the table in 45 minutes from now...

as i said..you guys are the pride of the scene..

its really obvious why you guys never had an own musical revolution to participate in.. you are just not the type to take risks.. and you waste the bandwidth with your exsistance..make original acts even look less perfect than your fake shows..
Without the aid of Ableton you even wouldnt have the chance to be on stage. ok..with an mp3 player and you do some gogo dancing because you cant hide behind the laptop screen anymore.. oh i forgot..prime loops are also available in MPC format..
(note to myself..no mpc´s on stage anymore.. )

Its pretty easy to see who is really playing live theese days.. in real life sets there is allways something that goes wrong..as a dj can screw up a transition between tracks from time to time,a wrong note here..a too loud signal there... sometimes even a moment of silence..

and than there are theese so called fake live acts..play 2 hours in a row..with seemless transition..not a single bar that sounds somehow original.. and pretend to be live acts.. and compare themself with mozart because of all that generic perfection..

sorry guy..thats poor.. i really prefer any dj over that.. 2 hours of generic fake music from an absolutly uninteresting character?
what a waste of party time...

and please dont try now to fake errors to make it appear more live.. shouldnt have told you :roll:

3phase

Post by 3phase » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:15 pm

Donnie wrote: The end result is all that matters....
thats the endresult of your so overly "creative" acts

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:23 pm

LOL dude, you have no idea what I do.

Is there some sort of epidemic of fake live pas using premade loops going on right now that im missing? Im just not seeing it.

The biggest fakers I tend to see are the bigger name acts, gradually putting more emphasis on the "show" with the music on relative autopilot. Which is all a matter of opinion on if thats good or bad or not.

The Leveller

Post by The Leveller » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:37 pm

The problem is that the tools to make music have become accessible to everyone and affordable to everyone who owns a computer.

How often do we see noob posts for those that have just purchased live to make music. Without any thought for their own musical ability they imagine they can suddenly become a musician.

They are wrong and 3 phases point, while he tends to be a bit too literal with the imagery, is that the end result is nonsense, not music but some generci production crap that slides out of peoples computers onto a generic poop chute distribution system such as beatport and gets eaten up by DJs who are pumping it out to an audience that don't give a damn.

It's a whole industry that has popped up from the availability of the tools. Computer Music and Future Music magazine thrive on the advertising set up by the companies who want the money from the wannabes. By this software, buy this plug-in, buy this sample/loop pack, buy these monitors, buy my mastering service, buy my training, I'll teach you everything you needs to knnow, do our course, buy this interface, buy this midi controller.

All leading to one falsehood: That by purchasing these things you will live your dream and become a great musician. You music will get signed by the labels and you'll be a massive star.

People are so desperate to do this they set up their own pretend record labels to get on to Beatport just to eb able to say on forums that their music is availabel on Beatport, they don't even care that no one buys it.

Now, this differs greatly from the honest hobbyist, buy whatever, have fun, but not labouiring under an illusion of industry promises that will never materialise.

It's horrible, it's real, most of the electronic music producers on the planet are part of it and loop packs are at the bottom of the pile.

The one thing that illustrates the futility of it all. Buy this ready made music and you can sound great quickly, at least in your own bedroom.

To me, their adverts scream one thing really loudly:

'You'll never be a musician, so here is your dream in a box'

It's consumerism and material greed at its worst. The epitomy of the bling society, the lazy, bloated, I want it now ringtone society in which we sadly live.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:46 pm

jamief wrote:Punk in its truest Spirit Common the CLASH !

ohhhhh.. what do you know about punk? The message there was that you can do it yourself ..that it dont needs to be glossy and perfect..as long its original and yours.

thats the rule.. dont be a fake or pseudo..

just steal everything you like and pretend to be a shiny producer or live act is most certainly no punk attitude..

thats the comercialized fake attitude..somebody sold you the illusion that you can do it without doing it.
You jsut need to look good and buy the wright tools and loop packs..

Thats most certainly the antithesis of punk..

In the last consequence your type should exclusivly use hacked software and pirated media.
That would be consequent and would serve the bill to the ones that enabled your soulless doings.

funny .. you pay for tools that allow you to pretend to be an artist..while all the real artist probably need to sell loops because theire musical releases dont get thru in the crowded market anymore.. so the quality of the loops is rising..
and your lame pretender acts get a more "individual" sound..thanks to prime loops..

As i said before..thats all genre killing..
maybe karma that ableton got so buggy?

3phase

Post by 3phase » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:59 pm

Donnie wrote:LOL dude, you have no idea what I do.

Is there some sort of epidemic of fake live pas using premade loops going on right now that im missing? Im just not seeing it.

The biggest fakers I tend to see are the bigger name acts, gradually putting more emphasis on the "show" with the music on relative autopilot. Which is all a matter of opinion on if thats good or bad or not.
the epidemic is going on.. and your "bigger name" acts are just the tip of the iceberg..

Its all part of a global digesting act to eleminate the uncontrolable results of the last musical revolution..before it does as much damage as rockn roll im the 60´s

Are you in it for the music or for the money? in case its the money get a job at a bank and spare the scene form your poo contribution....

and when its the music switch on a personal quality control..shitting on the dancefloor is considred as bad behaviour and enviromental polution..

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:00 pm

The Leveller wrote:The problem is that the tools to make music have become accessible to everyone and affordable to everyone who owns a computer.

How often do we see noob posts for those that have just purchased live to make music. Without any thought for their own musical ability they imagine they can suddenly become a musician.

They are wrong and 3 phases point, while he tends to be a bit too literal with the imagery, is that the end result is nonsense, not music but some generci production crap that slides out of peoples computers onto a generic poop chute distribution system such as beatport and gets eaten up by DJs who are pumping it out to an audience that don't give a damn.

It's a whole industry that has popped up from the availability of the tools. Computer Music and Future Music magazine thrive on the advertising set up by the companies who want the money from the wannabes. By this software, buy this plug-in, buy this sample/loop pack, buy these monitors, buy my mastering service, buy my training, I'll teach you everything you needs to knnow, do our course, buy this interface, buy this midi controller.

All leading to one falsehood: That by purchasing these things you will live your dream and become a great musician. You music will get signed by the labels and you'll be a massive star.

People are so desperate to do this they set up their own pretend record labels to get on to Beatport just to eb able to say on forums that their music is availabel on Beatport, they don't even care that no one buys it.

Now, this differs greatly from the honest hobbyist, buy whatever, have fun, but not labouiring under an illusion of industry promises that will never materialise.

It's horrible, it's real, most of the electronic music producers on the planet are part of it and loop packs are at the bottom of the pile.

The one thing that illustrates the futility of it all. Buy this ready made music and you can sound great quickly, at least in your own bedroom.

To me, their adverts scream one thing really loudly:

'You'll never be a musician, so here is your dream in a box'

It's consumerism and material greed at its worst. The epitomy of the bling society, the lazy, bloated, I want it now ringtone society in which we sadly live.
Sure but...so what? Seems to me like something the industry needs to go through, right? Whats the difference between that every kid buying a guitar thinking they are going to be a rockstar? Okay you can sound good quickly, well people have been saying electronic music isnt real for years so honestly whats the difference. Before you were using a drum machine, or a synth, and that wasnt "real". Now you are using a premade loop and that isnt "real". Hell, there are even old electronic albums I grew up listening too where I now recognize presets on gear/etc that I didnt know about then. So is that classic music I liked fake because they used that preset? Its the eternal argument, which is why I find it so amusing.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:08 pm

Donnie wrote:[

Sure but...so what? Seems to me like something the industry needs to go through, right? Whats the difference between that every kid buying a guitar thinking they are going to be a rockstar? Okay you can sound good quickly, well people have been saying electronic music isnt real for years so honestly whats the difference. Before you were using a drum machine, or a synth, and that wasnt "real". Now you are using a premade loop and that isnt "real". Hell, there are even old electronic albums I grew up listening too where I now recognize presets on gear/etc that I didnt know about then. So is that classic music I liked fake because they used that preset? Its the eternal argument, which is why I find it so amusing.

The loss of attitude and morals is something the whole mankind is going thru..as you can see when one of theese sold as 100000 years safe nuklear reaktors blow up every 25 years and they still sell it the public as safe technology..

Its the old fight between good and bad and thats not amusing..

Its amusing when the fakers compare themself with mozart and wahrhol and see themself in the position of attacked and missunderstood artitst that have to stay strong against the nasty arguments of the conservative establishment..
you are real heros.. sure
:lol: :lol: :lol:

chaibuka

Post by chaibuka » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:57 pm

All this amateur rampage could be decimated with one serious magnum opus. Show us the money!

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:03 pm

3phase wrote: The loss of attitude and morals is something the whole mankind is going thru..as you can see when one of theese sold as 100000 years safe nuklear reaktors blow up every 25 years and they still sell it the public as safe technology..

Its the old fight between good and bad and thats not amusing..

Its amusing when the fakers compare themself with mozart and wahrhol and see themself in the position of attacked and missunderstood artitst that have to stay strong against the nasty arguments of the conservative establishment..
you are real heros.. sure
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Although I don't really disagree with any of this, wow, you got some serious built up aggression man. Not sure how this turned into the epic struggle between good and evil, but its all good I guess :lol: