Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
regretfullySaid

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:27 pm

In the meantime, a flood of noobs that got Live Lite off Soundcloud should be coming anytime now. Woohoo!
ImageImage

condra

Post by condra » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:35 pm

shadx312 wrote:In the meantime, a flood of noobs that got Live Lite off Soundcloud should be coming anytime now. Woohoo!
I was only thinking about that today.

Gentlemen, prepare your best "sound-like-Skrillex” tips.

rydn

Post by rydn » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:46 pm

I think moving the 8 version number to just "8" and the Sound Cloud promotion is prep for launching 9 / Pro in the near future. I bet it will be announced in June.

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:23 pm

stonee wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:
stonee wrote:clip automation recording. then I will finally be able to play out live.
that's a bullshit excuse, go play live.
I do thank you, but with the amount of automation I rely on, not being able to record automation into session view is a pretty big cripple to my workflow.
having to pre record dummy clips is no fun, and takes any amount of spontaneity out of the performance.
Tone is right on some point.

Lot of Liv waiters are waiting for stuff that already have their workaround for most.

I use a lot Dummy Clips and a efficient macro automation army is ready for battle on stage.
When you work your music and sounds in ableton live, you learn times by times to get the most juice out of it.
Dummy clips are tremendously useful if you know how to use envelope automation.
Still available for every clips [audio and midi]
Reverse the range of your macro knobs, really do it!
And now look at the power you got in session view, raise up every macro knob to 127 and start editing your clip' envelopes... Magic and free hands for playing on stage.

I got so much to do with 8,no time for waiting about anything else, I prefer composing with it.
I'm personaly far from having made the complete tour of live 8, there's always something to learn or do.

Have you tried clyphx?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:27 pm

good on you for helping him. there might be a way he can use Live differently but without standing behind him watching it's tough to say.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:40 am

Hermanus wrote:
stonee wrote:... with the amount of automation I rely on, not being able to record automation into session view is a pretty big cripple to my workflow.
having to pre record dummy clips is no fun, and takes any amount of spontaneity out of the performance.
Tone is right on some point.

Lot of Liv waiters are waiting for stuff that already have their workaround for most.

I use a lot Dummy Clips and a efficient macro automation army is ready for battle on stage.
When you work your music and sounds in ableton live, you learn times by times to get the most juice out of it.
Dummy clips are tremendously useful if you know how to use envelope automation.
Still available for every clips [audio and midi]
Reverse the range of your macro knobs, really do it!
And now look at the power you got in session view, raise up every macro knob to 127 and start editing your clip' envelopes... Magic and free hands for playing on stage.

I got so much to do with 8,no time for waiting about anything else, I prefer composing with it.
I'm personaly far from having made the complete tour of live 8, there's always something to learn or do.

Have you tried clyphx?
prime example of being creative with what you have vs. lamenting about that which you [possibly] do not.

Hermanus stylee for the win

taffmonster

Post by taffmonster » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:40 am

stonee wrote:
prime example of being creative with what you have vs. lamenting about that which you [possibly] do not.

Hermanus stylee for the win
Saw this today...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j71qvxns ... ata_player

Not a huge Rusko fan or anything but he is certainly more famous and probably more talented than I. But what really impressed me was his set up. It was utter shit. Using acid and some fucking skullcandy headphones? My set up blows his out the water and yet here he is making do with what he's got and pretty much doing it well. It really hit it home with me. It's not about the latest gear or the newest VSTs, it's about learning to use the shit you have.

I'm not interested in making dubstep but that master class was a real eye opener.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:57 am

so his setups sucks, and he makes music you don't appreciate.

what's your point?
sure, he's making do with wat he has, but he's also making shit music with a shit setup.
i am superannoyed with live's shortcomings when it comes to automation, and i'm certainly not the only one. i completely understand why this peep wants session view automation recording, and to tell him to adapt his workflow instead of asking for a feature that he wants is a very wierd logic.

should he adapt his workflow is his feature request is ignored? maybe, maybe not. there are workarounds and they work perfectly, and are faily simple as well. should he simply stop requesting for features and just adapt? why should he? he's a paying customer and have every right to request features, much like you have.

i've had to rewrite music due to how live handles automation. there is virtually no way to get precise automation with this program, and if you like that sure, if you don't; request for it to be fixed. should you switch daw, or simply inore it and adapt?

up to you.

this whole blame-game is just silly. if he needs that feature and he can't work without it, then he needs the feature and can't work without it. i needed something that live didn't have and had to break one of my principles, which is native devices only (for alot of reasons, mind you), but as soon as i did it changed my workflow drastically, for the worse. i still work with it. i understand if he's not ready to either adapt or relearn another daws, especially seeing how live pretty much dominates the live-performance scene with their follow actions, dummy clips, launch settings and it's session view. each to his own.

for all you know his entire set might be semi-generative with nothing but feedback networks and on-the-fly manipulation for further looping and mashing up.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:05 pm

It was utter shit. Using acid and some fucking skullcandy headphones? My set up blows his out the water and yet here he is making do with what he's got and pretty much doing it well. It really hit it home with me. It's not about the latest gear or the newest VSTs, it's about learning to use the shit you have.
what's your point?
here he is making do with what he's got and pretty much doing it well...it's about learning to use the shit you have
Not aimed at you, kami, just in general:

Amazing how much this doesn't register with people. Derp-dee-fucking-derp wank wank.
Johnny No-Clue spends $$$ on gear and doesn't know shit while hunchback in a pantry is pumping out 3 bangers a month, yet it doesn't seem to set in.
ImageImage

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:29 pm

to help with this type of thing Live 9 will have a Live pack called Talent.

it's free to download, but may not work with certain users.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:33 pm

H20nly wrote:Talent
did you use a spell checker to get that right?

:P
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
H20nly wrote:Talent
did you use a spell checker to get that right?

:P
well of course. i could not possibly use a computer without spell check. not having spell check would completely disrupt my workflow. i would then need to join a forum and bash the software companies that i blame for releasing something without something that i need... because it would totally be their fault. totally.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:57 pm

Spell Check, that's like a $160 plug-in, right? Do they have a 64-bit version?
ImageImage

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:00 pm

they didn't have a 64bit version at first, but i threatened to change software companies in all caps on the forum and threw in some curse words and derogatory comments. after that they included spell check, sent me an official letter apologizing for disrupting my personal workflow, and then sent me a request to be a beta tester with life time free updates.

and stickers.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:03 pm

if they don't add number check I'm switching software platforms.

that'll get their attention. :evil:
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz