Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Machinesworking

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:57 pm

3dot... wrote:
434Live wrote:They should put Max For Live built into Ableton instead of having to pay for it.
why would they do that ? and how ?
( Max/MSP by itself is 400$...+gen : 500$)
m4l is eventually supposed to be the coolest addon that you can think of..
so if you pay for sample packs addons..
it's only logical you would pay something like maxMSP and the loads of fx/instruments/modulators that come with it...
Mainly Max is owned by Cycling 74, Ableton couldn't give it away for free if they wanted to.
I doubt they make more than $35 per Max 4 Live sale if that?

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:33 pm

maybe 64 bit m4l (max6+gen) and video support before Live9 ?
I'm guessing no...remains to be seen...

Sean_Clarke

Post by Sean_Clarke » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:20 pm

''maybe 64 bit m4l (max6+gen) and video support before Live9 ? ''

I hope so, but 64 bit has to come from Cycling realy, so its out of the abes control.
DAW: Bitwig, Live, Studio One via an X32 desk: Instruments: modular and analogue stuff, guitars, basses and drums.

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:01 pm

Bam! 26.000 views with no news on live 9? Maybe it will be 2015 before we hear something new? :lol:
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

jonahhh

Post by jonahhh » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:25 pm

Leon Tricker wrote:
Theo Void wrote:I'm just slightly worried about old Ableton. I love Live. I couldn't even imagine my life w/o it. I spend 70% of my time using it. But.......NI and quite a few other companies are really stepping their game up and really innovating! I don't wanna see Live get left behind!
This is exactly how I feel.

I left Live for a bit last year and went all hardware. But slowly all those little things that annoyed me about Live and computer-based production generally paled into insignificance compared to my frustration with a hardware set-up.

When I said I was leaving Live and detailed my reasons on this forum, someone said it sounded like I just needed a new laptop - a newer and better one. They were 100% spot on. Since getting a new laptop and getting back into Live, I can't believe I ever left it!

But... When I see stuff like the new Maschine and what Bitwig promises etc I can't help feeling Ableton are losing ground. When Live 9 does appear I hope it takes things to the next level again... But I can't help feeling it will be a massive anti-climax.
That grass over there sure is green, huh? :D

What hardware were you using anyway? I think Live is great to quickly record clips from hardware. Less plugins, less problems. Rather than dumping Live and rebooting with hardware it woulda been easier to grab one bit of gear and go to town with it AND Live until you learned it inside out.

434Live

Post by 434Live » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:02 am

Machinesworking wrote:
3dot... wrote:
434Live wrote:They should put Max For Live built into Ableton instead of having to pay for it.
why would they do that ? and how ?
( Max/MSP by itself is 400$...+gen : 500$)
m4l is eventually supposed to be the coolest addon that you can think of..
so if you pay for sample packs addons..
it's only logical you would pay something like maxMSP and the loads of fx/instruments/modulators that come with it...
Mainly Max is owned by Cycling 74, Ableton couldn't give it away for free if they wanted to.
I doubt they make more than $35 per Max 4 Live sale if that?

They should just drop the prices for everything. Spending $700+ for a computer application? And even more for addons? I mean come on. The highest I think suite should be is around the $400 mark. Had to work for 6 months to buy this.......
Anyone know any clubs you can get into when you're 15?

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:05 am

434Live wrote:They should just drop the prices for everything. Spending $700+ for a computer application? And even more for addons? I mean come on. The highest I think suite should be is around the $400 mark. Had to work for 6 months to buy this.......
I guess you don't play a real instrument then? $700 is chump change compared to what good acoustic instruments cost.
Unsound Designer

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:42 pm

434Live wrote:The highest I think suite should be is around the $400 mark.
based on what?

maybe if you weren't blowing all your extra loot at six flags you could afford it. :idea:

434Live

Post by 434Live » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:34 pm

H20nly wrote:
434Live wrote:The highest I think suite should be is around the $400 mark.
based on what?

maybe if you weren't blowing all your extra loot at six flags you could afford it. :idea:
Lmao dude six flags is cheap as hell compared to Ableton. I think someone is a little jealous tho?? :mrgreen:

434Live

Post by 434Live » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:37 pm

stringtapper wrote:
434Live wrote:They should just drop the prices for everything. Spending $700+ for a computer application? And even more for addons? I mean come on. The highest I think suite should be is around the $400 mark. Had to work for 6 months to buy this.......
I guess you don't play a real instrument then? $700 is chump change compared to what good acoustic instruments cost.

Yep. Have a Pdp drumset that cost me $800. But I get your point.

Sean_Clarke

Post by Sean_Clarke » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:44 am

They have to keep the base price high so that they can reduce it by a 1/3rd in the sales....

I suspect very few poeple pay the full proce with lite upgrade deals (libe lite licences are given away with just about everything!) and sales- I know I came in through a lite upgrade during a sale and then upgraded to suit during another- I suspect it did cost well under $400 USD doing it that way.
DAW: Bitwig, Live, Studio One via an X32 desk: Instruments: modular and analogue stuff, guitars, basses and drums.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:05 pm

^ yep. that's what i did. got Live lite 5 with an M-Audio Axiom MIDI controller... liked it and did a series of upgrades just around the time Live 7 was released. i easily saved at least 250 USD off the standard list price on the boxed version of Live Suite.

DoobieBrother69

Post by DoobieBrother69 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:31 pm

I did the same: bought a new MPK61 on sale for $327 that had Live Lite 8 included with it, and then 3 months later took advantage of one of their upgrade sales and got the boxed version of Suite for $439.
Wasn't too concerned about waiting for 9, as there is more than enough in 8 to keep a schmuck like me occupied until 9 is released and into a few versions.
I'll let the rabid upgraders do my beta testing for me. ;-)
Life is too awesome, and I have no time in to waste on dipshits, malcontents and people with no sense of humor.

Knight Industry

Post by Knight Industry » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:27 pm

Who gives a shit? bit wig will be out before long

I have to say though maybe ableton have procrastinated for too long this
time, looking at the preview of bit wig, is there really anything live 9
could add that bit wig won't of already implemented if it does have
the workflow improvements they are claiming lets just hope it's
not bug central.

chances are the developers of bit wig are folk jut like us who have used live
for years and are now sick of waiting for basic features to be implemented that should of been there when live 8 was released 3 years ago

Of course all this is going to slow any chance of live 9 coming out for a while
now you realize.

Im all up for supporting the underdog `viva la resistance!`

Ableton have most defiantly taken there finger of the pulse with this
one, and in all rights deserve whats coming to them
You can't claim to be one of the number one daws and completely
ignore your customer base for 3 years. People are fickle creatures
and won't have it if there is a better alternative
not in this day and age...

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:15 pm

I just discovered the Follow Action plugin in Live 8.3.3. This is enough to keep me happy for another couple weeks!
Ableton | Elektron

Music