Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
xzusa8ky

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by xzusa8ky » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:05 pm

ScudMan wrote:Ableton_David, it's been over a year since you responded with your "we're working on Live 9" post. Could you at least post again and make the same comment. Let us know you're still alive and care about us.
Fair enough! :mrgreen:
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:21 pm

Rinsemeister wrote:
H20nly wrote:
JuanSOLO wrote:I find it to be ultra entertaining.
It's like reading a mystery novel or watching a pre boxing match interview.
It generates speculation, discussion and lots of shit talking dumb posts on forums.

It's fucking GREAT!
+ another 1
I think we need a:

+0

because we need to find some kind of karmic balance between the always positive and those that ain't.
:idea:

>0

+/-

:?:

Rinsemeister

Post by Rinsemeister » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:42 pm

It's fucking GREAT![/quote]

+ another 1[/quote]

I think we need a:

+0

because we need to find some kind of karmic balance between the always positive and those that ain't.[/quote]

>0

+/-

:?:[/quote]

Who the fuck said anything about "minus" or fookin' "greater than" ?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:49 pm

i think that was me, but it's so hard to tell from your dysfunctional quotes.

Piplodocus

Post by Piplodocus » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:58 pm

Various folks wrote: I think we need a:

+0

because we need to find some kind of karmic balance between the always positive and those that ain't.

>0

+/-

:?:
How about ?-1 ?

Live 9 is currently imaginary, but we know it's there in some form.

doom_Oo7

Post by doom_Oo7 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:18 pm

Y U NO USE OCTONION ALGEBRA? =p
Ossia Score, an OSC sequencer for intermedia arts - http://www.ossia.io

Rinsemeister

Post by Rinsemeister » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:46 pm

H20nly wrote:i think that was me, but it's so hard to tell from your dysfunctional quotes.
No, not my dysfunctional quotes but the forum engine being unable to process more than three embedded quotes at one time.

Thankyou, goodnight.

UnitedElectric

Post by UnitedElectric » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:55 pm

I only use about 1/25th of all the functionality in Live as it is. I would love for it to be more tightly focused on live performance and not being the end-all DAW monster. My guess is that they are developing around Windows 8. The Metro interface seems like it was custom built for Live. Possibly multiple releases. One similar to Live 8 that has the same functionality across platforms and one custom made for Metro. Live Touch anybody? I'm guessing end of year at the earliest (Windows 8 release), and yes I'm stoked if I'm right.

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:52 pm

Bang 19.000 views with no news? Big ups Abes for the silence! 8O
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:04 am

I agree with Shell in a way, just using my own points of interest.

Live 8's release was not smooth,
but, over the last 3 years I have enjoyed the Live product I purchased at an upgrade price since Live 3.
AND I'm glad they dont tempt me shell out lots more just for a version update for the sake of updates (not much added in less than a year of prior release) as many software companies do.
In other words, maybe it was not so solid at first, but I have gotten 3 years of my monies worth on upgrade pricing, especially in relation to other soft audio products, with the exception of Reaktor.

If you ask me Reaktor and Live 8 prove a great point.
Complex and innovative software will never satisfy the entitled culture of instant gratification, but despite their opinions it is still innovative even after the expectations of new users hop aboard.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:56 am

i'm still waiting for share, since it was the major selling point for me.
oh, and stability. even without any thirdparty plugins live is incredibly unstable unless you are working with small projects.
i'd take share over soundcloud upload any day now. oh, and a looper that doesn't launch cleared buffers and randomly plays back different buffered data (even cleared), thank you.

Christian Witt

Post by Christian Witt » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:15 am

JuanSOLO wrote:I agree with Shell in a way, just using my own points of interest.

Live 8's release was not smooth,
but, over the last 3 years I have enjoyed the Live product I purchased at an upgrade price since Live 3.
AND I'm glad they dont tempt me shell out lots more just for a version update for the sake of updates (not much added in less than a year of prior release) as many software companies do.
In other words, maybe it was not so solid at first, but I have gotten 3 years of my monies worth on upgrade pricing, especially in relation to other soft audio products, with the exception of Reaktor.

If you ask me Reaktor and Live 8 prove a great point.
Complex and innovative software will never satisfy the entitled culture of instant gratification, but despite their opinions it is still innovative even after the expectations of new users hop aboard.
Yeah... you are right! Same for me... I Just bought NI Komplete Ultimate + NI Maschine and there is a lot of new stuff to get inspired.
but in the end 64-Bit will be great for a better workflow. i am tired of having just 2 Gb of RAM in 2012. And don't forget it's the year of the
world apocalypse :wink:

xxx

fisto

Post by fisto » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:52 pm

I just fucking hate the non-communication approach from the abes so much!!!
It's so arrogant that it is undescribable. If I could live without Live i would really ditch it because the Abes are real assholes (not because they don't release 9, but because they don't say a word since nearly a year).

I mean WTF!!!!
Abes! Are you dead or what?

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:10 pm

fisto wrote:I just fucking hate the non-communication approach from the abes so much!!!
It's so arrogant that it is undescribable. If I could live without Live i would really ditch it because the Abes are real assholes (not because they don't release 9, but because they don't say a word since nearly a year).

I mean WTF!!!!
Abes! Are you dead or what?
obviously not, since they recently released another partner instrument to replicate an electric piano:
Get the authentic sound of the Rhodes Stage 73 and Wurlitzer 200A electric pianos.
, even though they have a device that does just that:
Electric is a synthesizer that reproduces the authentic sound of the Rhodes® and Wurlitzer® electric pianos.
heh ;)

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:12 pm

I guess they already left earth to save their asses from the forthcoming apocalypse.

Apocalypse being either :

- the real one, volcanos, tsunamis, plague, war, death of all human beings, and so on...
- or the release of Bitwig...

:lol: