Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
robdrums

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by robdrums » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:24 pm

ciw wrote:...saying that I'm pretty sure that yes, live 9 will be released before 2015, that's plenty of time to sort out the existing bugs.
I'll believe THAT when I see it. This is a crazy wait -- is there just one programmer left?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:03 pm

yes, there is only one programmer left.

what's worse?...

he only has one arm. he lost the other surfing.

he only has one eye too. he lost the other compiling Amp.

he can only hear out of one ear. he blew an ear drum playing with grain delay at volume 11.

yeah, they're really down to the bottom of the barrel. good thing for Ableton they bought a Labradoodle. she learns really fast too! in fact, she can already make a 4/4 house track with a single monitor on a single core cpu with 2 GB of RAM and no bezier curves to speak of. she can beat match as well. all of which means she's ready to start giving stringent opinions on Live's reverb and lack of Pro audio editing and features while she howls, barks and whimpers about the release of Live 9 like a curly haired little bitch.

moonpie

Post by moonpie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:15 pm

The same programmer moonlights on HL3. Whips up a couple episodes in his spare time. Labradoodle manages product scheduling.

http://mlkshk.com/r/97VP

Looks like a Labrador, but dont bring it up.

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:35 pm

they never had any programmers - all done with neural nets

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:38 pm

H20nly wrote:yes, there is only one programmer left.

what's worse?...

he only has one arm. he lost the other surfing.

he only has one eye too. he lost the other compiling Amp.

he can only hear out of one ear. he blew an ear drum playing with grain delay at volume 11.

yeah, they're really down to the bottom of the barrel. good thing for Ableton they bought a Labradoodle. she learns really fast too! in fact, she can already make a 4/4 house track with a single monitor on a single core cpu with 2 GB of RAM and no bezier curves to speak of. she can beat match as well. all of which means she's ready to start giving stringent opinions on Live's reverb and lack of Pro audio editing and features while she howls, barks and whimpers about the release of Live 9 like a curly haired little bitch.
moonpie wrote:The same programmer moonlights on HL3. Whips up a couple episodes in his spare time. Labradoodle manages product scheduling.

http://mlkshk.com/r/97VP

Looks like a Labrador, but dont bring it up.
thats the one!

she straightens her hair, but the tie is a dead give away.

mistayif

Post by mistayif » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:30 am

as long as they add 64 bit support, anything else is a bonus

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:38 am

...something is in the air? Maybe live 9 before christmas 2015? :lol:
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

Nokatus

Post by Nokatus » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:19 pm

robdrums wrote:Do you realiaze it's been like 2-3 years since a release was made.
Sometimes things just take time :) ... very true with audio software, too.

It took two years for Cubase 6 to come out after 5. Hell, Reaktor is still going strong, and it's been in version 5.x for seven and a half years. Not a DAW, but you get the point.

Ableton has had quite a speedy upgrade pace with Live, but waiting longer for a well thought out overhaul after so many fast version cycles (some of them rushed) feels more positive than negative.

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Nokatus wrote:
robdrums wrote:Do you realiaze it's been like 2-3 years since a release was made.

It took two years for Cubase 6 to come out after 5. Hell, Reaktor is still going strong, and it's been in version 5.x for seven and a half years. Not a DAW, but you get the point.

Ableton has had quite a speedy upgrade pace with Live, but waiting longer for a well thought out overhaul after so many fast version cycles (some of them rushed) feels more positive than negative.
Sense... simply put..

Hd

Gregory Wells-King

Post by Gregory Wells-King » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:12 pm

funken wrote:Dashing through the snow,
to 9 on Chrismas day,
O'er the fields we go,
Laughing all the way.
Bells on bob tails ring,
Making spirits bright,
What fun it is to laugh and sing,
and record on 9 tonight.

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way,
oh what fun, it would be to, have 9 on Christmas day.
Oh,
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way,
oh what fun, it would be to, have 9 on Christmas day!

©kennydafunk/macableton.com

+1

I'm getting that nagging itch I want to scratch all over Christmas, so I can make excuses why I can't come down to meet anyone over the Christmas period "Sorry I spending important time in my studio with a new version of Abeleton Live, I should really come to terms with it's new features as I want a good start to new tracks in the coming months".

Sadly I don't think it will happen, Damn it..More Turkey, More Wine, More crapp T.V. :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:22 pm

heavensdaw wrote:
Nokatus wrote:

Sense... simply put..

Hd
yes but now, posture, pose, reiterate 64 bit thing i read in CM, dual monitor is cool, not listening, grrrr!, now, pose, posture, demand, threaten to switch!!