Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Hermanus
Posts: 1648
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:47 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by Hermanus » Tue May 29, 2012 8:03 pm

friend_kami wrote: total silence does mean shit; shit for the company who gets a bad reputation for being disrespectful to their users.
this forum is a good example of that, people are pissed off.

we get newsletters telling us to buy an epiano when they are selling a product with an device designed specifically for this and they are marketing this device as extremely accurate...

First I'm not pissed off... maybe because I don't pass my time on the forum...

Then you can UNsuscribe to newletters you know.
You're free to buy or not, surely not Forced to buy, right?
They have told users they are working on it... I don't need anything more personaly.

I'm not hurry to get live9, why?

My computer is dualcore and good for small/medium projects [I don't like to freeze every midi tracks]
I'm happy with live 8 and when it gets overwhelmed, I don't blame the software but well my machine.
Last version is quite stable and I hope they will take their time with live 9, time for me to save money for a really powerful computer that could gently welcome live 9 as running live 8 with hundreds of useless tracks

I say POPCORN TIME here :lol:

Tone Deft
Posts: 23756
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by Tone Deft » Tue May 29, 2012 8:05 pm

friend_kami wrote:
Tone Deft wrote: you don't care when Live 9 will be released but news on it is pissing you off? you need a shrink.
nope, i don't care WHEN it will be released, but i do care about some sort of official information about it, which we have seen none sofar.
i need a shrink because you can't read properly?
such a great argument.
now you're just being silly.

enjoy your anger.
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, guitars, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

donmich
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:29 pm

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by donmich » Tue May 29, 2012 8:08 pm

.
Last edited by donmich on Tue May 29, 2012 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

friend_kami
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by friend_kami » Tue May 29, 2012 8:09 pm

Hermanus wrote: Last version is quite stable and I hope they will take their time with live 9, time for me to save money for a really powerful computer that could gently welcome live 9 as running live 8 with hundreds of useless tracks
depends how you look at those tracks mate. if you look at a stream of sounds as a single sound, then sure, they are useless. if you look at the stream as a collection of components, it is not useless at all. as for live being stable, it might be stable for you and it might be stable for some people, it depends how you work with it. try syncing to video with it while microediting audio, then go cry in a corner heh. i'm not in a hurry for an L9 release, but i'd rather take a newsletter saying anything about the progress of it than a newsletter telling me to buy yet another partner instrument.
each to his own.

donmich
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:29 pm

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by donmich » Tue May 29, 2012 8:11 pm

Abletons policy of silence is obviously very deliberate. As someone just mentioned, whatever point gets made the answer is "they know".
The townsfolk are at the door with torches and pitchforks. Users are biting each others' faces off (as annoying as it is to have to read incessant whining about Live 9, it is equally stupid to bitch about that and tell other people what they need and dont need and taunt them about their lack of vision and skills). Competition is mounting. There is a lot at stake.

However, ANY utterance Ableton makes will spread accross the web in seconds flat and be scrutinized down to the jot and tittle. Basically anything they say and do right now can and will be used against them.

Each day that goes by without 9 is a day each of them grows a new grey hair or loses one.

We really have no idea how strong or weak their internal situation is. For all we know there will never be a live 9 as such.

Hermanus
Posts: 1648
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:47 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by Hermanus » Tue May 29, 2012 8:14 pm

... :roll:

Then man doesn't even understand a joke...

friend_kami
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by friend_kami » Tue May 29, 2012 8:51 pm

Hermanus wrote:... :roll:

Then man doesn't even understand a joke...
if you have read this forum a lot you would surely know that people tend to attack me and how i work with live claiming that it's useless and that it's user error and not software error making me get mad at live and how poorly it works when working with big projects. i understand jokes, indeed. also, for the record: i'm not mad heh. i just want to have a discussion about something that i feel is important to me, considering that i bought and use the software for the bulk of my work (well, more or less forced to switch now because my projects keeps growing in size, when work stocks up). working with 50 tracks in live is no problem. it flows. except when you are zoomed in really really far, then it grinds to a halt whenever you want to move a peice of audio but that's another discussion. working with live with 10 times that count and it's the biggest pain in the world, which is what i was saying.

now if you excuse me, i've got some freaking stone pebbles to throw in a bigass plastic jar and record. huhu.

evilaci
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:48 am

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by evilaci » Tue May 29, 2012 9:18 pm

friend_kami wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:
ddr400 wrote:Guys,
There is 19 pages.
in short - when?
i don't care when live 9 will be released, but i do care about any sort of confirmation about it, even if it's just a simple freaking "yeah, we are working on it" a little now and then.
according to how many annoyed posts there is on this forum i assume that a lot of other people share that opinion with me.
shafting your customers and then not saying a word for 3 years is NOT a good way to keep your customers loyal, nor to keep a good reputation.
Mr Kami!

You nailed it!
In 3 years no easy "yeah we are working on it but we cannot say more because of..... blablabla"
Why did i have the "idea" to try out Studio One? Ok this is my new DAW home now because i feel momentum and taken serious!

As i realized that Ableton is a german company i was so proud about this. Now i dont find the right words for this behaviour and customer communication.

@Hermans: Thanks for the newsletter unsubscribe hint....

I wish Ableton much luck on his journey to a new Live, but to much is destroyed i cannot identify with this approach any more in spite of i have bought the ProjectSam extension recently.

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by H20nly » Tue May 29, 2012 10:52 pm

^ i call bullshit.

firstly, Ableton have issued a quality statement, in which we were thanked for our patience and continued support. done.

secondly, i can hardly imagine why someone in 2012 is surprised to get an email from a company, whom they have both purchased from and registered with, that is attempting to sell another product, upgrade or an add-on to the existing purchase. if this is your first email account, then ask your mom and dad if they know where to find the "unsubscribe" link.*

*hint: you typically just scroll down in the opened email. angrily deleting is only a temporary solution :wink:

thirdly, Ableton gave away an amp sim. BOO! you say.. thank you i say, as did many others. you don't need it you say, yeah... well, humans. all those people who take all the flyers and schwagg at concerts and festivals - which is why it takes the staff hours to pick it all up off the ground and dispose of it properly after the show don't need it either. the power of "FREE!" is a force to be reckoned with for some, the power of "ME!" is a force to be dealt with for... one.

lastly, a question: since Ableton are working on something...(or so we would like to think)... then does it not stand to reason that they could still need some income? maybe clicking on that partner instrument collection pack is not for you, but for the 10 - 10,000 people who deiced to go for it... maybe a sliver of thanks is in order, because it could be that income which allows Ableton to work an extra hour on a Wednesday and fix a bug or better yet finish compiling some code... maybe it will even be 64 bit code.

donmich
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:29 pm

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by donmich » Tue May 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Great. Someone called bullshit. Case closed.
Everyone, it's settled. So thank this guy and shut up.

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by H20nly » Tue May 29, 2012 11:42 pm

no need to look at facts. speculation is what this thread is all about.

don't forget to make a boggus statement, about how NOTHING has been said by Ableton, to back up your sarcasm.

ShredGnar
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:07 am

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by ShredGnar » Wed May 30, 2012 2:22 am

Holy shizz.

VAS IST LOS?


http://vimeo.com/42323428

friend_kami
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by friend_kami » Wed May 30, 2012 4:04 am

H20nly wrote:^ i call bullshit.

firstly, Ableton have issued a quality statement, in which we were thanked for our patience and continued support. done.

secondly, i can hardly imagine why someone in 2012 is surprised to get an email from a company, whom they have both purchased from and registered with, that is attempting to sell another product, upgrade or an add-on to the existing purchase. if this is your first email account, then ask your mom and dad if they know where to find the "unsubscribe" link.*

*hint: you typically just scroll down in the opened email. angrily deleting is only a temporary solution :wink:

thirdly, Ableton gave away an amp sim. BOO! you say.. thank you i say, as did many others. you don't need it you say, yeah... well, humans. all those people who take all the flyers and schwagg at concerts and festivals - which is why it takes the staff hours to pick it all up off the ground and dispose of it properly after the show don't need it either. the power of "FREE!" is a force to be reckoned with for some, the power of "ME!" is a force to be dealt with for... one.

lastly, a question: since Ableton are working on something...(or so we would like to think)... then does it not stand to reason that they could still need some income? maybe clicking on that partner instrument collection pack is not for you, but for the 10 - 10,000 people who deiced to go for it... maybe a sliver of thanks is in order, because it could be that income which allows Ableton to work an extra hour on a Wednesday and fix a bug or better yet finish compiling some code... maybe it will even be 64 bit code.
my gods, you are just full of brilliantly formulated sentences, aren't you?
too bad you misunderstood what i was saying, might have actually been a fun debate, if anything.

oh and for the record: i've been working with computers since i was around 10, coming from a family where my mother was a software developer and my father in law was a computer technician. i'm 32 now. you do the math, i'm pretty sure i know how emails works.
but thanks for the heads up. any other helpful tips for me?
like how to turn my computer off perhaps?
maybe teach me how to plug in that oddly shaped cable (i believe it's something with 3 letters..?) everybody keeps raving about?

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by H20nly » Wed May 30, 2012 4:11 am

you take from that post what you will.

i gave you credit (not that it is worth anything coming from me), and in doing so i acknowledged your need for 64 bit. you make a great case.

however, this a thread speculating when Live 9 will be released. there is no amount of bemoaning that will change anything.

you brought up the annoying emails... with your background, you should know how to end that particular form of torture (since that is how you describe it).

lets not pretend that Ableton has said nothing though... because pretending is what we would have to be doing.

gosinisha
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:24 pm
Location: on the rolling mill

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by gosinisha » Wed May 30, 2012 7:39 am

i`m already back to cubase more than a year. live can stay even 16bit as far as i care, i`ve found my solution...
thinkpadT520/win7.64/studioONE2/firefaceUC/akaiMPKmini/VSTinstruments/sampleCDs

Post Reply