NI's new synth - Razor

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Sibanger
Posts: 2225
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:44 am
Location: Melbourne/Australia
Contact:

Re: NI's new synth - Razor

Post by Sibanger » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:35 am

Anubis wrote:NI rulez... Image I wish they would buy Ableton so we could have 64 bit and iPad app... sometime this decade. :roll:
??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZPekN-kghk

This iPad app looks pretty sweet.... :) Not made by Abes, but for only $5.99

There seems to be a growing number of nice apps for Live/iPad/iPod.

Not 64 Bit yet, but it's not the end of the world....

(Sorry if you were being a tad sarcastic. It's hard to tell sometimes)

Forge.
Posts: 5792
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:16 pm
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: NI's new synth - Razor

Post by Forge. » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:40 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:
The wobble dubstep horde will have a? field day with this!
:lol:
jesus has dubstep not died yet?

gennargiu
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:28 am
Location: Napoli ( Italy)
Contact:

Re: NI's new synth - Razor

Post by gennargiu » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:54 am

Beautiful synth 8) :lol:
Live Ableton 8.4 (32 bit) + Operator - Logic ex 9.1.8 - osx 10.8.4 ( Mountain Lion) - Imac 24-Various Virtual Synths -Alesis Micron-Microkorg - Launchpad S - Nocturn

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: NI's new synth - Razor

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:33 pm

abletontrainer.com wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:
The wobble dubstep horde will have a? field day with this!
:lol:
jesus has dubstep not died yet?

You're teasing me aren't you? :x


Here's hoping that NI has one of those legendary sales pretty soon because I WANT IT ALL. :lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

DRStudio
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:47 am
Location: São Paulo, Brazil

Re: NI's new synth - Razor

Post by DRStudio » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:48 pm


beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: NI's new synth - Razor

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:03 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Here's hoping that NI has one of those legendary sales pretty soon because I WANT IT ALL. :lol:

I have Komplete 6 and saw little reason to upgrade to 7…..that was until I saw that A LOT of the expansion packs they sell separately come standard with Komplete 7. That alone would make it worth the price of upgrading.

But the other problem is that the install is HUGE and I’m still trying to live the pipedream of having everything installed on my laptop’s internal drive. I recently put a 750G drive in my laptop and that still isn’t enough because of all these a-hole DAW and plug-in developers feeling a 60G+ install is totally reasonable. :x

I don’t need 24 goddamn sample velocity layers of a single piano. :x

EpikureeR
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:58 pm

Re: NI's new synth - Razor

Post by EpikureeR » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:07 pm

beats me wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:Here's hoping that NI has one of those legendary sales pretty soon because I WANT IT ALL. :lol:

I have Komplete 6 and saw little reason to upgrade to 7…..that was until I saw that A LOT of the expansion packs they sell separately come standard with Komplete 7. That alone would make it worth the price of upgrading.

But the other problem is that the install is HUGE and I’m still trying to live the pipedream of having everything installed on my laptop’s internal drive. I recently put a 750G drive in my laptop and that still isn’t enough because of all these a-hole DAW and plug-in developers feeling a 60G+ install is totally reasonable. :x

I don’t need 24 goddamn sample velocity layers of a single piano. :x
Then dont install it?

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: NI's new synth - Razor

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:14 pm

EpikureeR wrote:
beats me wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:Here's hoping that NI has one of those legendary sales pretty soon because I WANT IT ALL. :lol:

I have Komplete 6 and saw little reason to upgrade to 7…..that was until I saw that A LOT of the expansion packs they sell separately come standard with Komplete 7. That alone would make it worth the price of upgrading.

But the other problem is that the install is HUGE and I’m still trying to live the pipedream of having everything installed on my laptop’s internal drive. I recently put a 750G drive in my laptop and that still isn’t enough because of all these a-hole DAW and plug-in developers feeling a 60G+ install is totally reasonable. :x

I don’t need 24 goddamn sample velocity layers of a single piano. :x
Then dont install it?

I just used a piano as an example. When you install something like Komplete or Omnisphere it’s an all or nothing venture. You can’t sit there and handpick which sounds you want to install and which you don’t.

Silence
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: NI's new synth - Razor

Post by Silence » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:28 pm

does anyone know how the vocoder-efx sounds?
MBP - Ultralite MK3 - Genelec 8020 & 8030 - BCR2000 - padKONTROL - NordRack 2

agent314
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:07 am

Re: NI's new synth - Razor

Post by agent314 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm guessing it's just a formant filter that sounds vaguely Skrillex-talking-bass-y.

2be
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:03 am

Re: NI's new synth - Razor

Post by 2be » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:43 pm

This actually looks like a unique synthesizer.

You can set the filter slope freely between 0 to -36db/octave, none of my synthesizers is capable of that.
This could be useful for tweaking that bass sound just right.

Also, I'm wondering how useful the enveloped delay and the pseudo pitchbend is...

e440hz
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:18 pm

Re: NI's new synth - Razor

Post by e440hz » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:56 pm

i just want the freaking spectral analyzer in that video.... :oops:

nuxnamon
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:59 pm
Location: 650 area

Re: NI's new synth - Razor

Post by nuxnamon » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:52 am

mommy, can you tell me a additive synthesis bed time story :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGNaQCek2dU

agent314
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:07 am

Re: NI's new synth - Razor

Post by agent314 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:07 am

What is it about explaining additive synthesis that makes the person explaining talk to you like you're a child?

The Camel Alchemy tutorial does the exact same thing.

Rationalizer
Posts: 1308
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:14 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: NI's new synth - Razor

Post by Rationalizer » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:12 am

http://bit.ly/h2ZYIn It costs 69 euro.

And I was hoping that I wouldn't have to buy it. Oh well. :D

EDIT: After watching the tutorial posted by nuxnamon, I am reconsidering. :x
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

Post Reply