AU Plugins not active after live set is loaded

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
trevox

AU Plugins not active after live set is loaded

Post by trevox » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:47 pm

Hello,

I am pretty new to Live and have an issue with AU plugins. I have noticed when I load a live set that my AU plugins are not active though according to the way I have saved the set, they should be. If I disable and re-enable the plugins, they work fine with the correct settings.

All I could think of doing is making sure I have saved the presets, but still no joy.

Has anyone come across this issue or can anyone suggest what may be wrong here? Disabling/Enabling 10's of plugins every time I load a new live set is painful!

Thanks,
Trevor

Short Scope Boy

Re: AU Plugins not active after live set is loaded

Post by Short Scope Boy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:19 pm

trevox wrote:Hello,

I am pretty new to Live and have an issue with AU plugins. I have noticed when I load a live set that my AU plugins are not active though according to the way I have saved the set, they should be. If I disable and re-enable the plugins, they work fine with the correct settings.

All I could think of doing is making sure I have saved the presets, but still no joy.

Has anyone come across this issue or can anyone suggest what may be wrong here? Disabling/Enabling 10's of plugins every time I load a new live set is painful!

Thanks,
Trevor
Hi Mate

The only Instrument I use with Live is Largo (AU) (AutoMap) every time I run Live It remembers the preset, but not the bank, I have to reload the bank from within Largo; I tried using the VST version but kept getting audio glitches.

So I kinda know what you are going through, albeit slightly different. I think Live has issues with AU, but OSX has issues with VST, so you have to choose which issues you want to live with.

Not a lot of help I know, but you may have to live with it.
MacBook Pro: 2.4 4GB DDR3 - Live Intro 8.2 - Maschine - PreSonus Firestudio Mobile - LARGO - SL61 MK2 - Launchpad - Nocturn - Amplitube Fender - ESP LTD H401 EMG - Guitar Rig 3 - PreSonus Studio One - KRK RP5 - Blue Sky Media Desk

trevox

Re: AU Plugins not active after live set is loaded

Post by trevox » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:05 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, though I think I have figured out what the issue is....or at least it is working now.

I had a M4L patch running which spits out midi to several different samplers on different Live tracks. The audio from all samplers then go to the bus with the effects in question. I am using a java external to send out several midi ports independent of Live. I had a umenu set up to choose the correct midi port but it seems that when this is banged on load, it somehow interrupted that effects bus. I replaced the umenu with a message to set the port and it works fine. Don't ask me how, but it does!

Cheers,
Trevor