LFO´s in Live ? No.. But Nerve might do the job...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tweaking Knobs

LFO´s in Live ? No.. But Nerve might do the job...

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:02 pm

Last edited by Tweaking Knobs on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dazzer

Re: LFO´s in Live ? No.. But Nerve might do the job...

Post by dazzer » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Interesting. If you buy the Steve Duda EP before April 10 you get the plug-in thrown in.

Tweaking Knobs

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:52 pm

that´s right :wink:

but first i gotta try it out , when i get home...

any experiences ?...

djphenaproxima

Post by djphenaproxima » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:42 pm

dazzer wrote:Interesting. If you buy the Steve Duda EP before April 10 you get the plug-in thrown in.
I nabbed it, just to get LFO Tool. A drawable LFO that can send MIDI CC, for $10? Not a bad deal at all, I say.

dazzer

Post by dazzer » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:53 pm

Aye. I'll be getting it f'sure, nice deal.

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:21 pm

there's also hypercyclic if you haven't tried it yet.. it's free lfo plug that can be used in ableton and was a finalist at the kvr plugin challenge.. nab tonespace while your at it too.. both great free plugin..

http://www.mucoder.net/en/hypercyclic/

UncleAge

Post by UncleAge » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:16 pm

djphenaproxima wrote: A drawable LFO that can send MIDI CC, for $10? Not a bad deal at all, I say.
Not bad at all if it sends cc messages. I picked up Artificial Audio's Quartz a couple of weeks ago for just this purpose because I couldn't find anything cheaper out there for my Mac.

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:25 pm

djphenaproxima wrote:
dazzer wrote:Interesting. If you buy the Steve Duda EP before April 10 you get the plug-in thrown in.
I nabbed it, just to get LFO Tool. A drawable LFO that can send MIDI CC, for $10? Not a bad deal at all, I say.
can you set up 12 LFOs, all with different cc's ? thats what it looks like from the screenshot...

ramangill

Post by ramangill » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:18 pm

garyboozy wrote:
djphenaproxima wrote:
can you set up 12 LFOs, all with different cc's ? thats what it looks like from the screenshot...

Looks nice. I would like to see how the trance gate works.
MacPro(1,1)
MOTU 828 mk3, Axiom Pro49, Akai MPD32, LiquidMix 16
Live 8, NOMAD Factory Plugins Suite, FabFilter Plugin Suite, PSP Vintage Collection
NERVE, Sylenth1, NEXUS2, Arturia Analog Factory 2.5, Trillian

ARDJ

Post by ARDJ » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:24 pm

been using both the LFO Tool & Nerve, loving both, highly recommended :)

Tweaking Knobs

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:45 pm

added a video to the first post, check it out , i wonder why the abes hate lfo's ... :roll:

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:05 am

Tweaking Knobs wrote:added a video to the first post, check it out , i wonder why the abes hate lfo's ... :roll:
the only part of that video that mentions using the lfo as a cc is in the last 10 secs, where it's briefly mentioned but not shown. what they don't mention is that it will still require using IAC or pc equivalent to send the cc out of Live and back in again, just like all other lfo workarounds in Live. not sure why you think this plugin has solved all your LFO woes. Live's problem with LFOs is to do with how it handles undo data; atm every knob turn is recorded and can be undone, so the undo buffer gets flooded pretty quickly with constant LFO data. they need to sort this out, sure. but this plugin hasnt done something ableton were too lazy to do. quit talking shite.

Tweaking Knobs

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:10 am

garyboozy wrote:
Tweaking Knobs wrote:added a video to the first post, check it out , i wonder why the abes hate lfo's ... :roll:
the only part of that video that mentions using the lfo as a cc is in the last 10 secs, where it's briefly mentioned but not shown. what they don't mention is that it will still require using IAC or pc equivalent to send the cc out of Live and back in again, just like all other lfo workarounds in Live. not sure why you think this plugin has solved all your LFO woes. Live's problem with LFOs is to do with how it handles undo data; atm every knob turn is recorded and can be undone, so the undo buffer gets flooded pretty quickly with constant LFO data. they need to sort this out, sure. but this plugin hasnt done something ableton were too lazy to do. quit talking shite.

cool man... :wink:

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:22 am

garyboozy wrote:
This has been sorted in MFL. You can "lock" parameters and automate them without their values spilling into the Undo memory.
This plugin indeed isn't different from the external LFO's we've been using since Numerology. The LFO's are delayed, can't handle real speeds and aren't sample accurate as this LFO above claims to be.

Tweaking Knobs

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:08 pm

wich is that patch ?

thanx!!!