Live demo install question.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Hypomixolydian

Live demo install question.

Post by Hypomixolydian » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:31 pm

Hello,

I am still on Live 6.0.10 and still quite happy using it. 6.0.11 has never worked on any of my computers because of a runtime error. Very strange that the problem was on all my PCs.

Anyway, what I'd really like to know is will I be able to install the Live 8 demo without it screwing up my current Live 6 install?

I don't want any hassles when it comes to uninstalling the demo.

I'd like to see what I have been missing out on. I didn't see much value or point in upgrading to Live 7 seeing that I already own Operator, Sampler, all the Applied Acoustics stuff and the Komplete package, plus a bunch of other stuff like Alchemy, Korg Legacy - shit; the list is huge. I can't be bothered typing all the synths I own. But more than enough to satisfy my sonic needs.

Should I upgrade and why?

Murphy

Re: Live demo install question - fix for Live runtime error

Post by Murphy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:03 am

I use Live 5 on Win XP. After years of no problems, I recently started getting MS C++ runtime error when launching Live, causing failure to load program. Live accessed sometimes if I click on a file instead of program shortcut, but mostly wouldn't run. Tried uninstall and reinstall but no luck.
I fixed the problem by uninstalling all Apple products from my PC, followed by a complete registry scan and clean up. QT alone had over 1,400 registry entries. Remove iTunes and an Apple Mobile app. I did not reinstall any Apple products.
Not only is Live running great and launches twice as fast as before, Windows seems to launch faster.
Last edited by Murphy on Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hypomixolydian

Re: Live demo install question.

Post by Hypomixolydian » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:49 am

Murphy wrote:I use Live 5 on Win XP. After years of no problems, I recently started getting MS C++ runtime error when launching Live, causing failure to load program. Live accessed sometimes if I click on a file instead of program shortcut, but mostly wouldn't run. Tried uninstall and reinstall but no luck.
I fixed the problem by uninstalling all Apple products from my PC, followed by a complete registry scan and clean up. QT alone had over 4,000 registry entries. Remove iTunes and an Apple Mobile app. I did not reinstall any Apple products.
Not only is Live running great and launches twice as fast as before, Windows seems to launch faster.
Thanks for you response Murphy, however, I dont have any Apple stuff installed on any of my PCs, so that couldn't be the problem with regard to the runtime error. I have kind of given up on solving that issue. I contacted Ableton support to see if there were major differences between 6.0.10 and 6.0.11. They said nothing really significant. So stayed with what works rather than wasting time trying to solve a problem that may never get solved.

I'm a bit disappointed that no one else has responded to my post. All I really want is, how can I install the Live 8 demo without it screwing up my Live 6?